Forum

Results 1 to 15 of 49

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    June 2008
    Posts
    18,396

    [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3 Server 3.3.0 & 3.3.1

    This thread can be used for feedback and discussion about the 3.3.0 release of the TeamSpeak server.
    Change log and main changes can be found in server release thread.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

    TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    December 2015
    Posts
    52
    I feel lost to activate SSH, my server works with Debian7, your examples are compatible with mine?
    If not active SSH will not work Twitch? or is it only because of the security encryption issue?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    June 2008
    Posts
    18,396
    The Twitch feature is not related to SSH. It's just a secure connection to the ServerQuery.


    When you start your server (every operation system) with parameter query_protocols=ssh,raw then ssh will be active on port 10022 and old interface (raw) on port 10011.

    You have to use parameter query_ssh_rsa_host_key= and to add your own key or server will create and use an own ssh key when parameter query_ssh_rsa_host_key=ssh_host_rsa_key was used.

    Example for your server.ini where only SSH is enabled and old interface is turned off.
    Code:
    query_ssh_ip=0.0.0.0,::
    query_ssh_port=10022
    query_protocols=ssh
    query_ssh_rsa_host_key=ssh_host_rsa_key
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

    TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    December 2015
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    The Twitch feature is not related to SSH. It's just a secure connection to the ServerQuery.


    When you start your server (every operation system) with parameter query_protocols=ssh,raw then ssh will be active on port 10022 and old interface (raw) on port 10011.

    You have to use parameter query_ssh_rsa_host_key= and to add your own key or server will create and use an own ssh key when parameter query_ssh_rsa_host_key=ssh_host_rsa_key was used.

    Example for your server.ini where only SSH is enabled and old interface is turned off.
    Code:
    query_ssh_ip=0.0.0.0,::
    query_ssh_port=10022
    query_protocols=ssh
    query_ssh_rsa_host_key=ssh_host_rsa_key
    Thanks for your attention, it helped me a lot.
    Last edited by skorpe; August 1st, 2018 at 03:01 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    June 2008
    Posts
    18,396
    When server 3.3.0 and client 3.2 beta are ready to use on your system then do following

    • You login on https://www.myteamspeak.com/ and switch to MY ACCOUNT.
    • Press CONNECT TO TWITCH and finish the process
    • Now start your client and login with same myTS account.
      You should see your Twitch username under Options -> myTeamSpeak
    • Connect to the 3.3.0 server and make sure you own permission b_virtualserver_modify_integrations
    • Right-click on the server name and select Edit virtual Server
    • Press the More button in case you do not see the Integrations tab
      There your Twitch name should be shown and a Install button should be enabled

      In case it is not as described: Make sure your bookmark has Send myTeamSpeak ID enabled or else you will not be able to install or delete a integration.
    • Now you can setup the groups user should get when they are subscribed or follower of your Twitch channel.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

    TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    December 2015
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    When server 3.3.0 and client 3.2 beta are ready to use on your system then do following

    • You login on https://www.myteamspeak.com/ and switch to MY ACCOUNT.
    • Press CONNECT TO TWITCH and finish the process
    • Now start your client and login with same myTS account.
      You should see your Twitch username under Options -> myTeamSpeak
    • Connect to the 3.3.0 server and make sure you own permission b_virtualserver_modify_integrations
    • Right-click on the server name and select Edit virtual Server
    • Press the More button in case you do not see the Integrations tab
      There your Twitch name should be shown and a Install button should be enabled

      In case it is not as described: Make sure your bookmark has Send myTeamSpeak ID enabled or else you will not be able to install or delete a integration.
    • Now you can setup the groups user should get when they are subscribed or follower of your Twitch channel.
    very well explained, thank you very much, only serves for a streamer, I thought you could see what is subscribed to each client xDDD

  7. #7
    Join Date
    August 2018
    Location
    Schweiz
    Posts
    1

    no connect to Server 3.3.0

    Hello

    Yesterday update on newest client.
    Message about old server.
    After a long practice, now runs the server with the version 3.3.0. (had to create the accept license file)

    Now I can not connect to the server.
    What is wrong?
    Server Log is OK.

    Bye
    Mansaylon
    Last edited by dante696; August 14th, 2018 at 11:02 AM. Reason: moved to right thread,

  8. #8
    Join Date
    June 2008
    Posts
    18,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansaylon View Post
    Now I can not connect to the server
    What is wrong?
    Server Log is OK
    How should we know what is wrong when you show nothing?
    Show at least log 0 and the log from virtual server.

    Quote Originally Posted by GOLOWAREZ View Post
    same problem
    Please show server log 0 and 1.
    Last edited by Chris; August 14th, 2018 at 12:54 PM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

    TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    March 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    25
    Did you consider providing just a shell-binary instead of a complete builtin ssh server?
    That would allow users to use their existing (secured) ssh-setups and users instead of exposing a closed source (hopefully it's at least based on openssh?) and only password-protected additional ssh server.
    If that's not possible for some reason, I would really like an option to use key-authentication because I don't really feel comfortable exposing a password-protected ssh server to the internet.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    1,800
    Quote Originally Posted by thor77 View Post
    Did you consider providing just a shell-binary instead of a complete builtin ssh server?
    That would allow users to use their existing (secured) ssh-setups and users instead of exposing a closed source (hopefully it's at least based on openssh?) and only password-protected additional ssh server.
    If that's not possible for some reason, I would really like an option to use key-authentication because I don't really feel comfortable exposing a password-protected ssh server to the internet.
    Did I miss read something? Why would current ssh-setups not work? I didn't see any Phase mentioned that removes RAW query support, so not sure why your current setup will be an issue if already setup how you want it with key-authentication SSH connection to server host then using local telnet into query. Unless I'm missing something about a requirement to open query to outside IP for some integration support.

    Also, @dante696 did my post get overlooked while replying to those after it?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    March 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    Did I miss read something? Why would current ssh-setups not work? I didn't see any Phase mentioned that removes RAW query support, so not sure why your current setup will be an issue if already setup how you want it with key-authentication SSH connection to server host then using local telnet into query. Unless I'm missing something about a requirement to open query to outside IP for some integration support.

    Also, @dante696 did my post get overlooked while replying to those after it?
    No, you didn't. There's absolutely no issue with my current ssh support being in conflict with teamspeaks builtin ssh server. I just said I would like an option to use my existing ssh setup for query instead of the builtin ssh server for the reasons I mentioned above.
    And yes, I can still ssh into my server and use raw query but that's not really an alternative, as raw query is deprecated now if i read some answers correctly, and that just circumvents my issue but does not solve it.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    June 2008
    Posts
    18,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    Also, @dante696 did my post get overlooked while replying to those after it?
    Don't know what i should answer. Sales is not my department.
    I have to forward this to the right department and maybe i can answer then.

    Update -> Sales has no problem with that when a Twitch streamer is getting money via subscriber and the subscriber get's a group trough the myTS Integration.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neverlands View Post

    When I use the 10022 port and enter "login servadmin password" the session closes immediately.
    Is the 10022 port not meant to login via telnet?

    Code:
    ssh [email protected] -p 10022
    and the login works perfectly.
    Port 10022 is only meant to be used for SSH connections. The login command will not work because you have to login before you are allowed to sending commands.
    Last edited by dante696; August 17th, 2018 at 11:45 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

    TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    June 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,371
    Quote Originally Posted by thor77 View Post
    Did you consider providing just a shell-binary instead of a complete builtin ssh server?
    That would allow users to use their existing (secured) ssh-setups and users instead of exposing a closed source (hopefully it's at least based on openssh?) and only password-protected additional ssh server.
    If that's not possible for some reason, I would really like an option to use key-authentication because I don't really feel comfortable exposing a password-protected ssh server to the internet.
    That makes no sense. You can always log in to your trusted server via SSH and use nc.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3 Server 3.2.0
    By dante696 in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: July 19th, 2018, 10:34 AM
  2. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3 Server 3.1.1
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: March 4th, 2018, 03:42 PM
  3. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3 Server 3.1.0
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: February 21st, 2018, 02:02 PM
  4. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3 Server 3.0.13
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: September 24th, 2017, 03:45 AM
  5. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3.1.1 Beta Discussion
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: February 10th, 2017, 06:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •