Forum

Query idle no longer working

As for the most recent 3.3.0 version (1533053401), you can no longer idle by sending \n or space+\n every few minutes. TeamSpeak expects a command or it will kick you after 5 minutes. Is that intentional, if so, what is the suggested type of idle now? whoami? It's rather annoying for query tool developers.

(Tested with Windows 7.)

The behavior has changed. Currently I'm not sure if an invalid is count as an idle reset.
    Have to ask our developer tomorrow.

We suggest to raise the idle time via parameter query_timeout=n on server start.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Sending any command will reset idle time, preferably one that doesn't actually do much. Even invalid commands work for resetting idle time.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

3.3.1 didn't fix it.

This is still an issue as of 3.3.1 build, although it says in that build that it has been corrected. Please check into it.

if you send a line consisting of only whitespace the 3.3.1 server will reset the timeout. The 3.3.0 server has a bug that resulted in no more commands being processed after such a line had been inputed, this has been fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Saelyth View Post
    3.3.1 didn't fix it.

This is still an issue as of 3.3.1 build, although it says in that build that it has been corrected. Please check into it.
    We did not touch the idle behavior in this version.
    We just fixed a bug where an empty space broke the query connection.

Sending a white space or an invalid command (like a B) or a message to server, client,channel still resets the idle time on RAW or SSH connection.
    A simple new line by pressing the return key will not reset the idle time. It must be at least a space.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Idling with space (and maybe issueing quit or something like that, I'm not entirely sure there) on a 3.3.0 server will prevent you from disconnecting. So you can easily flood other people's servers with an unlimited number of query clients they can only remove by restarting the server. You might want to check if this bug generally exists and if it should be fixed in newer versions.
    Last edited by numma_cway; August 26th, 2018 at 09:33 AM.

In the main report it was a problem that you got a timeout even when sending a space and now after a fix it is a problem that you do not timeout when doing that?

Why wasn't this a problem before?

I can confirm that, in previous versions I just used to send a "\n" every 5 minutes, the query timeout was 10 minutes back then.
    Now the connection will only be kept alive if i send a command

Did the timeout change to 5 minutes aswell because I receive a timeout out after 300 seconds already.
    I tested that with SSH and RAW

A simple \n is no longer supported.

Supported is to use the start parameter query_timeout=600 (600 seconds is a example) to raise the possible idle time.
    OR you send a space+\n or any other command or invalid command to reset your idle time.

This is the way you work with idle time on ServeQuery in server version 3.3.1.

Thread Information