Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

[Discussion] TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.2.1

This thread is for discussion and feedback for the 3.2.1 release of the TeamSpeak Client.
    Please see the announcement for changelog / features.
    Last edited by Chris; August 15th, 2018 at 01:28 PM.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Clients 3.0.19.4 / 3.0.19.2 it's possible join? This because we have one Eee pc with windows 7 starter and don't supports last teamspeak version... :/

server versions >= 3.1.0 require client 3.1.7 or newer.
    Last edited by Chris; August 13th, 2018 at 05:23 PM.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

But it's not possible the new clients version join on 3.0.13.8? It's a version of my actually server because of we sayed at up of old pcs don't support xpto windows versions.

No, as mentioned in the changelog / announcement, client 3.2.0 will only connect to servers 3.1.0 or newer.

@Chris there are people connecting with 3.2.0 clients to servers that are not Teamspeak Server. You need to make something against this!

If somebody downloaded by mistake and cannot connect to our server anymore, is there a way to download an older client for TeamSpeak ? I cannot find anything on your website linking to older versions.

If that wouldn't be a problem for tons of servers...

Dropping support for older servers? Yikesm, not the way to go. Guess I won't be updating for a while.

It would be excellent if the client would warn you about an upgrade locking you out of a server.

Example (from just now): I connect to a server on startup, client checks for update and there is one. In my case, the server is 3.0. something and the update was 3.2 which aren't compatible. I click upgrade now, cause I like having the most up to date client, and now I can't connect to the server.

I should probably read the patch notes more, this is true. But I feel like it would be pretty easy to check if the upgrade version will work with your connected server(s) and just warn you - are you sure? - if it won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Wicstar View Post
    If somebody downloaded by mistake and cannot connect to our server anymore, is there a way to download an older client for TeamSpeak ? I cannot find anything on your website linking to older versions.
    No, but the server should be updated to the latest version, so that everyone can enjoy new features and fixed bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by MCGamingDE View Post
    If that wouldn't be a problem for tons of servers...
    It shouldn't no... The last non supported server is over a year old. If you're affected that means the server wasn't updated for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks271 View Post
    It would be excellent if the client would warn you about an upgrade locking you out of a server.

Example (from just now): I connect to a server on startup, client checks for update and there is one. In my case, the server is 3.0. something and the update was 3.2 which aren't compatible. I click upgrade now, cause I like having the most up to date client, and now I can't connect to the server.

I should probably read the patch notes more, this is true. But I feel like it would be pretty easy to check if the upgrade version will work with your connected server(s) and just warn you - are you sure? - if it won't.
    While it may sound easy, it's a little more involved than that. You'd have to store, associate and transfer that additional data with the update check (which strictly speaking isn't part of an update check really). What happens if the server didn't connect yet when the update happens, then that wouldn't work, etc.
    Plus, these old servers shouldn't really exist anymore and are not supported.

In general we do not support old server versions, and it was announced quite some time ago that we will release a client that cannot connect to 3.0.x servers anymore when we released 3.1.0

It shouldn't no... The last non supported server is over a year old. If you're affected that means the server wasn't updated for a year.
    Like I see alot of users have got the problem that they can't upgrade their server so there's coming a new user wave soon.

I can't disbale or mute the TeamSpeak Soundpack in the new version. please fix that- i hate this voice ^^.. But very cool that now all cracked Hosters are stopping their illegal service!

Why does TeamSpeak 3 still getting big updates if teamspeak 5 will be here soon?

Quote Originally Posted by MCGamingDE View Post
    Why does TeamSpeak 3 still getting big updates if teamspeak 5 will be here soon?
    Really... Hmm LOOL

Thread Information