Forum

Perm Server groups and twitch integration.

Code:
    8/16/2018 13:35:55	VirtualServerBase	Info	client connected 'Tester'(id:257) using a myTeamSpeak ID from 1.2.3.5:5321	
    8/16/2018 13:35:55	VirtualServer	Info	client (id:257) was added to servergroup 'Twitch Follower'(id:33) by client 'server'(id:0)	
    8/16/2018 13:35:55	VirtualServer	Info	client (id:257) was added to servergroup 'Normal'(id:7) by client 'server'(id:0)	
    8/16/2018 13:36:09	VirtualServer	Info	client (id:257) was removed from servergroup 'Normal'(id:7) by client 'Screech'(id:2)	
    8/16/2018 13:36:10	VirtualServer	Info	client (id:257) was added to servergroup 'Normal'(id:7) by client 'Screech'(id:2)	
    8/16/2018 13:37:05	VirtualServerBase	Info	client disconnected 'Tester'(id:257) reason 'reasonmsg=leaving'	
    8/16/2018 13:37:05	VirtualServer	Info	client (id:257) was removed from servergroup 'Twitch Follower'(id:33) by client 'server'(id:0)	
    8/16/2018 13:37:05	VirtualServer	Info	client (id:257) was removed from servergroup 'Normal'(id:7) by client 'server'(id:0)	
    8/16/2018 13:37:26	VirtualServer	Info	client (id:257) was added to servergroup 'Normal'(id:7) by client 'Screech'(id:2)	User was offline when added to the group here.
    8/16/2018 13:38:47	VirtualServerBase	Info	client connected 'Tester'(id:257) using a myTeamSpeak ID from 1.2.3.5:5321	
    8/16/2018 13:38:47	VirtualServer	Info	client (id:257) was added to servergroup 'Twitch Follower'(id:33) by client 'server'(id:0)	
    8/16/2018 13:39:58	VirtualServerBase	Info	client disconnected 'Tester'(id:257) reason 'reasonmsg=leaving'	
    8/16/2018 13:39:58	VirtualServer	Info	client (id:257) was removed from servergroup 'Twitch Follower'(id:33) by client 'server'(id:0)	
    8/16/2018 13:39:58	VirtualServer	Info	client (id:257) was removed from servergroup 'Normal'(id:7) by client 'server'(id:0)
    While I'm glad to see that if a new twitch following user connects and is added to a permanent server group they are removed on disconnect. However, I'm disappointed to see that when the server didn't add the permanent server group to a twitch follower it is still removing it on their disconnect. Just wanting to confirm this was intended design. Issue would only appear if that users stopped following (or subscribing) on Twitch, so its not too important, but would be clear that when adding a permanent server group to twitch assigned groups that on disconnect that server group will be removed even if user had it before connecting.

I also see the notice that the user was removed from a non-permanent server group to be pointless, they will be removed anyway.

I can confirm that the behavior is intended for permanent and temporary groups.
    We discussed when a group should be removed or why we should remove it.

1. Removing every group is part of "user still can have the group even when he unsubscribed / un-followed you".
    It would be very easy to get groups and to have them even when you do not subscribe the user any longer or change the identity or myts account.
    This is why it is removed on every disconnect (when user left your server with all tabs where "send myTS ID is active") or when the user logged out from myTS.

2. We could've save in database if user had the group before or via Twitch. We discussed that but we did not want to add a new table just for this.
    Bigger databases and more read/write access into them is nothing we want to add for this.
    Last edited by dante696; August 16th, 2018 at 05:36 PM. Reason: added more cases to point 1
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    I can confirm that the behavior is intended for permanent and temporary groups.
    We discussed when a group should be removed or why we should remove it.

1. Removing every group is part of "user still can have the group even when he unsubscribed / un-followed you".
    It would be very easy to get groups and to have them even when you do not subscribe the user any longer or change the identity or myts account.
    This is why it is removed on every disconnect (when user left your server with all tabs where "send myTS ID is active") or when the user logged out from myTS.

2. We could've save in database if user had the group before or via Twitch. We discussed that but we did not want to add a new table just for this.
    Bigger databases and more read/write access into them is nothing we want to add for this.
    So you are storing these to an in memory table/clone of the group_server_to_client table? If written to the table in the database how is the removal handled if the server does not shutdown gracefully and that user or unfollows (and don't connect until cached data expires) or unlinks their myTeamSpeak before reconnecting?

So far I've not seen where the id2 field in group_server_to_client was used, I was thinking that could be set to some [bit]value when added to the database due to Twitch integration if the group/server/client doesn't exist (insert or ignore). On disconnect only remove those with that value in id2, or on server start if any are there remove them.

Edit: But looking at the indexes in an really old (2014) backup of my server database it does look like a unique index on group/server/client(id1) would need to be added to group_server_to_client so that the insert or ignore/update works without duplicate records.
    Last edited by Screech; August 17th, 2018 at 03:44 PM.

Thread Information