Forum

Why can Twitch Streamer have a NPL

Edit by mod

Posts got moved to right section. License discussion have nothing to do with a server release and where off-topic
    Source was this post

Edit end

OP note: title should have been "Why can PAID Twitch Streamer have a NPL"

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Don't know what i should answer. Sales is not my department.
    I have to forward this to the right department and maybe i can answer then.

Update -> Sales has no problem with that when a Twitch streamer is getting money via subscriber and the subscriber get's a group trough the myTS Integration.
    So, if a person pretty much using twitch as an income and wants to link an NPL TS3 server to that account and charge people for privileges that extend into the NPL server that is OK. But a donation button on a website to just offset the cost of VPS and hosting (VPS, forum, domain, etc) is not... makes no sense to me. But, I guess and instructional video on getting NPL hosts to affiliate status on twitch so they can get around collecting money from members without violating the NPL server agreement should be on its way soon.
    Last edited by Screech; August 20th, 2018 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    So, if a person pretty much using twitch as an income and wants to link an NPL TS3 server to that account and charge people for privileges that extend into the NPL server that is OK. But a donation button on a website to just offset the cost of VPS and hosting (VPS, forum, domain, etc) is not... makes no sense to me. But, I guess and instructional video on getting NPL hosts to affiliate status on twitch so they can get around collecting money from members without violating the NPL server agreement should be on its way soon.
    LOL thats a f**king joke.

An im sitting here, paying for AAL for public users, no donation buttons no ads, nothing. Just because its not allowed to provide a public teamspeak with an npl. But when youre earning money through twitch and assign ranks based on the ammount of donation its totally legit to use an npl?

Wow. I wont renew my licence. Thats just scam.

Mumble here we come.

This is exactly NOT the way you maintain your allready shrinking oldsteady userbase. I feel completly punked.
    Last edited by plizze; August 19th, 2018 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plizze View Post
    An im sitting here, paying for AAL for public users, no donation buttons no ads, nothing.
    Wait, are you also not allowed to get donations/show ads with a AAL? Or did I missunderstood your wording and you mean the NPL with that?

Quote Originally Posted by plizze View Post
    LOL thats a f**king joke.

An im sitting here, paying for AAL for public users, no donation buttons no ads, nothing. Just because its not allowed to provide a public teamspeak with an npl. But when youre earning money through twitch and assign ranks based on the ammount of donation its totally legit to use an npl?

Wow. I wont renew my licence. Thats just scam.

Mumble here we come.

This is exactly NOT the way you maintain your allready shrinking oldsteady userbase. I feel completly punked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    Wait, are you also not allowed to get donations/show ads with a AAL? Or did I missunderstood your wording and you mean the NPL with that?
    I was thinking the same thing, if [s]he is paying for AAL I don't recall any restriction on payments or such. So to me if you rent, pay for AAL or even are a ATHP leasing servers to others you and collect donations/payment.

I think the NPL part of the licensing got restricted some to not be for just public servers, more for communities. So [s]he may have applied for NPL and been told no, so [s]he paid for AAL instead.

I'm getting the feeling that Twitch is paying TS to allow this integration, if they are getting paid based on number of integrations of course they don't want to restrict users on NPL servers from adding the integration, and if TS is getting a share of the pay too, it's all good to them.

But, I'm not the official on any of those statements, so don't go saying Screech said it was OK on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, if [s]he is paying for AAL I don't recall any restriction on payments or such. So to me if you rent, pay for AAL or even are a ATHP leasing servers to others you and collect donations/payment.

I think the NPL part of the licensing got restricted some to not be for just public servers, more for communities. So [s]he may have applied for NPL and been told no, so [s]he paid for AAL instead.

I'm getting the feeling that Twitch is paying TS to allow this integration, if they are getting paid based on number of integrations of course they don't want to restrict users on NPL servers from adding the integration, and if TS is getting a share of the pay too, it's all good to them.

I know that i could make advertisments, but thats not what i want. I want to provide a public teamspeak for everyone who like and i feel damn punked when im not allowed to host a public server with an npl, not collection money (thats what i want to point out), but others, earning money through twitch, is completly fine to the sales team.

I still curious how they will handle an NPL server owner if on the linked website they add a link to subscribe (not follow, the paid subscribe option) to them on Twitch. Would that still be a violation of the NPL or is that allowed under the fact that paid twitch accounts can be linked to NPL server? I would suggest they make that opinion public, as if I see NPL server with paid anything on linked website I would report it, but if they allow that now I would rather not waste their time.

Thread Information