Forum

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Hello,

@Dante696: Did you really write "Server 3.2.x default license did expire this night and you missed to update the server for a while." in the first post?

Server 3.3 was released 4 weeks ago. Do you really think people update their server everytime a new one comes out? When it is about a server, people like stability so I always wait before updating (And let me be honest: This philosophy offen pays with Teamspeak).

There are two possibilities:

- Teamspeak messed up forgeting to inform people (Error is human: it happens, that's life but in this case admit it and everything will be alright but please don't say it is the users fault because they don't update frequently enough)

- Teamspeak hid this thing on purpose in order to force people to update. If so, well, what kind of enterprise is Teamspeak? What an image do you show to the users? You give beautiful and free arguments to the competition (I won't give any names but you know what I am talking about)

You are right one month is not much and i already forwarded the issue. We should have you get more time for next update.
    Hopefully next time the license update is done before 1 month.

We did not hide anything and we did not force to update.
    Any user could see it it in the server log. There is a expiration date printed.
    But a server update is needed for this to get the new license which is build in the server.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Would be nice if you could add a warning which is displayed to server admins or so if the license expires soon.
    never had this issue before, i've even seen people run 3-4 year old server versions. so why did you lower the license time to 1 year?

Thank you for your answer.
    You are right, that's written in the server log and that's the way I discovered where the problem was coming from. My problem is that I searched on your forum/website in order to know if I missed something and at that time nobody gave any information on this topic.

You'll understand that as a user, to know that the licence expired (when I am using the "free licence" also known as "No licence") is strange. To update was not the first idea to come in my mind. The first thing in my mind was "Maybe I have a problem with my machine and it prevented my Teamspeak server to refresh its "licence".

As for limone I use Teampseak3 since the first beta released and I never had such a problem even when I was seriously out-of-date.

@Dante696

So wie ich sehe könne sie auch Deutsch das ist einfacher für mich.

Also ich habe alles geamcht die ".ts3server_license_accepted" datei erstllt und dort rein "license_accepted=1" das geschrieben.
    trotzdem "2018-09-01 12:38:25.991294|CRITICAL|Accounting | |Failed loading default license file!"
    Falls es möglich wäre discord/Skype Bildschirm Übertragung oder Team Viewer oder AnyDesk zu benutzen wäre ich ihnen sehr dankbar.

Danke für ihre bisherige Gedullt

Viele Grüße
    Ole

Quote Originally Posted by EinfachNurOle View Post
    @Dante696

So wie ich sehe könne sie auch Deutsch das ist einfacher für mich.

Also ich habe alles geamcht die ".ts3server_license_accepted" datei erstllt und dort rein "license_accepted=1" das geschrieben.
    trotzdem "2018-09-01 12:38:25.991294|CRITICAL|Accounting | |Failed loading default license file!"
    Falls es möglich wäre discord/Skype Bildschirm Übertragung oder Team Viewer oder AnyDesk zu benutzen wäre ich ihnen sehr dankbar.

Viele Grüße
    Ole
    Um deinen Fehler zu beheben, musst du deinen Server updaten(3.3.1).
    Du musst nur eine Datei erstellen die ".ts3server_license_accepted" heißt. Du musst in diese Datei nichts hineinschreiben.

Geh die Schritte einmal durch:
    Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    I seem to fail to explain it to you.

Versuch ich es mal so:
    - Mache eine Sicherung/kopie der Datenbank (ts3server.sqlitedb)
    - Lade Dir den Server von https://www.teamspeak.com/en/downloads#server herunter.
    - Entpacke den Server.
    - Kopiere oder verschiebe das Entpackte in deinen alten Server Ordner (bestätige, dass Du alles überschreiben möchtest falls Du gefragt wirst).
    - Starte nun wieder den Server.

Geht immer noch nicht ich hatte ja schon die Datei erstellt und habe das was drin ist jetzt raus gelöscht trotzdem geht es nicht.

Viele Grüße
    Ole

Quote Originally Posted by EinfachNurOle View Post
    Geht immer noch nicht ich hatte ja schon die Datei erstellt und habe das was drin ist jetzt raus gelöscht trotzdem geht es nicht.

Viele Grüße
    Ole
    Überprüf mal bitte ob "ts3server" überschrieben wurde und du den neusten Server hast.

Vielen Vielen Dank für ihre Geduld ich habe es jetzt hinbekommen.

Viele Grüße
    Ole

It is a bit annoying that this free-license expiration date was implemented with no easy way for us admins to know that we now have to upgrade our server on a more immediate basis.

My server has gone without updates for a lot longer than a few weeks or a couple of months, mainly when there is a new version that does not contain any updates or fixes that aren't important or relevant to my server.

Now that I know I need to keep my server updated it's not a big deal anymore, but you can see why this was an unwelcome surprise for us. First thing a lot of us do is read the logs then go to google with the error we found to see who else has reported/resolved it, but since this was a new problem we couldn't find an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    You are right one month is not much and i already forwarded the issue. We should have you get more time for next update.
    Hopefully next time the license update is done before 1 month.

We did not hide anything and we did not force to update.
    Any user could see it it in the server log. There is a expiration date printed.
    But a server update is needed for this to get the new license which is build in the server.
    This is ridiculous. A free licence that expires... Updating to get a new licence was not exactly an idea I thought of doing as the first thought that came to mind was that something was wrong on TeamSpeaks end. Now knowing I have to update the server every month or what ever you guys decide on is honestly annoying as a free/no licence user. You are definitely not helping your user base with this one. Just making it even easier for people considering alternatives.

Teamspeak Server not works - Teamspeak Server startet nicht

Hello together!

Before you read: I'm form germany and my englisch isn't the best.

Now to my problem:
    I can't start my Teamspeak-Server...

The Error: CRITICAL|Accounting | |Failed loading default license file!

But in the license file is standing:

"license_accepted=1"

So now I don't know what I can do.

Simuletsplay

DEUTSCH

Hallo Zusammen!

Ich kann meinen Teamspeak Server nicht mehr starten! Ich bin im Besitz eines vServers.

Dieser Fehler kam von heute auf morgen... also ich wollte gerade online kommen und dann stand dort:
    Verbindung zum Server fehlgeschlagen

Nun bin ich in die Konsole gegangen und dann stand dort folgendes:

[email protected]:/home/teamspeak3-server_linux_amd64# 2018-09-01 16:10:05.248967|CRITICAL|Accounting | |Failed loading default license file!

Doch in der Datei .ts3server_license_accepted steht license_accepted=1

Nun weiß ich nicht, wo der Fehler liegt...

Das schlimme ist, dass ich auch kein aktuelles Back-Up mehr habe...

Danke im Voraus!

Simuletsplay

Quote Originally Posted by Simuletsplay View Post
    Hello together!

Before you read: I'm form germany and my englisch isn't the best.

Now to my problem:
    I can't start my Teamspeak-Server...

The Error: CRITICAL|Accounting | |Failed loading default license file!

But in the license file is standing:

"license_accepted=1"

So now I don't know what I can do.

Simuletsplay

DEUTSCH

Hallo Zusammen!

Ich kann meinen Teamspeak Server nicht mehr starten! Ich bin im Besitz eines vServers.

Dieser Fehler kam von heute auf morgen... also ich wollte gerade online kommen und dann stand dort:
    Verbindung zum Server fehlgeschlagen

Nun bin ich in die Konsole gegangen und dann stand dort folgendes:

[email protected]:/home/teamspeak3-server_linux_amd64# 2018-09-01 16:10:05.248967|CRITICAL|Accounting | |Failed loading default license file!

Doch in der Datei .ts3server_license_accepted steht license_accepted=1

Nun weiß ich nicht, wo der Fehler liegt...

Das schlimme ist, dass ich auch kein aktuelles Back-Up mehr habe...

Danke im Voraus!

Simuletsplay
    Du musst deinen Server updaten auf 3.3.1! (https://www.teamspeak.com/en/downloads#server)

Guck dir den Thread mal an -->https://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/...949#post460949

Hello guys, i have a potential fix for this issue. I had this same issue myself. I'm running a small TS server on my Linux server so i can play with friends from time to time who do not live the use of Discord. All worked well until i got that same error message about the license file.

What i did was upgrade to the latest version, but even then it still wouldnt let me run the server. In fact, the error message stayed the same. (license file not found, etc etc).

So what i did then was, empty the /logs directory, because there were many files in there, and i wanted to take a look at the errors. So i emptied the directory and then did a sudo service teamspeak start and guess what? The server is running again. Very strange but this fixed it for me!

Yes, same 'problem' as everyone else.. stopped the server, downloaded and installed the 331 linux server (had to CHMOD ts3server program to 755, it got put in with 744.. anyway) ... started the server, waited a few minutes for whatever updating the new program had to do internally, and its back. Simple, but...

I am in Canada. At 12:30 AM Mountain time, I got a long distance call from the site owner, who is in England. 7:30 AM his time. I was sleeping, my brother is in the hospital in critical care unit... and I *thought* the call was coming from them to inform me of perhaps a serious issue... After all, who calls at 12:30 in the morning. Anyway.. I had no discussion with the site owner, and went back to bed.

I got another long distance phone call from him at 3:30 pm Mountain... told me TS was down. Investigation and google searches brought me to this thread. I'd like to make a suggestion... while I get that TS as an organization wants to have better control over its product, I wonder why some form of "message" was not sent out via the client, say... 2-4 weeks before this was set to expire. I've seen it in the past where upon logging in, I am told there is a newer server that is required, so... just saying... you have the 'news link' thing.. something could have been put in there, or another spot.

Many people had a big hassle with this, and my case was compounded by the hospital issue, and the site owner had to make 2 long distance calls at his expense. Please be mindful of your customer base, and thanks for providing another year of a free product.
    Last edited by dbsDev; September 2nd, 2018 at 12:27 AM. Reason: changed 'new link' to 'news link' .. my bad

Thread Information