Forum

[Suggestion] Please give a "Delete Account" button on dashboard.

Hello TeamSpeak,

I've submitted a support ticket but got no answers.

I want to delete my account but there is no "Permanently Delete Account" button on my dashboard.

I think we/I need a "delete account" button on dashboard because support takes too much (really too much) time to delete account.

Thanks.

We like that request and also did that one for our web developers.
    It would safe time the support could spent on other tickets
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Considering the crazy data protection laws that the EU may come up with in the feature, being able to delete accounts completely and in a fully automated manner sounds like a really good idea.

Don't forget to make it "tentatively idiot proof" though, or you may end up with "I accidentally deleted my account" tickets replacing the previous "please delete my account" tickets.

I think requiring people to actually type in the confirmation by e.g. typing the account name is a common practice I've seen in some places these days. Sounds like a reasonable amount of effort considering one could easily delete all synced identities and thereby loose access to one's servers.

Better explicitly tell people what they are potentially going to loose in case they don't know.

Thinking about it, what happens to installed add-ons once the creator decides to delete their MyTeamSpeak account? Will they be removed from all clients at once? Because that sounds like a good way to piss some people off.

We requested it with 1. a warning about what you will lose and 2. a checkbox where you agree that you did read it and 3. to sum this up you get a mail with a link to finish this and only then your data will be deleted.

Not sure what will happen to installed add-ons but if I remember right is has no impact. Need to validate that.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information