Forum

Next generation forum?

This could probably into quite a controversial topic.
    I sometimes find it pretty ridiculous on how this forum tends to react to what should be regular usage.
    Like attempting to post an image would get me a warning from cloudflare. Like, I know Vbulletin is known to be a system that it targeted frequently.

But, in thinking on how we could make this place a lot more satisfying to a market that teamspeak 5 is trying to attract. A solid communication platform for all users might be something worth putting time into.

There are plenty of free and open source forums that are developed today. The version of the forum being used here is over three years old.
    And in addition to this, moving to a new platform, we could hopefully be able to make the login system more integrated into the MyTeamspeak account. Of course the accounts are still optional for use on the client. But this requirement will overall increase adoption of the platform, and only require users to keep track of a single account, rather that having both one for the software, and one for the forum...
    Reminded me of when Epic did this with their accounts on vbulletin, then they had all of their accounts hacked a few years ago, An Oauth system would prevent this

A few companies that have done this in the recent times;
    Blizzard moved their entire forums from an inhouse platform to Discource
    DICE moved the battlefield forum from an inhouse platform to Vanilla
    and Facepunch moved from Vbulletin to an inhouse platform, which integrates into their games (Rust)

What about XenForo?

You're suggesting we move to an even more crappier forum software such as vanilla, lol?

BTW, they switched of strict CloudFlare, didn't they?

Switching to a different software (which they probably won't do since it requires resources they probably don't have) won't fix the issue that TeamSpeak has done little to actually push the idea of building a healthy community. Their social media efforts were limited at best, they are not on reddit and these forums are not exactly thriving with activity either.

A lot of things would have to change. Upgrading the look and feel of the website and inventing a mascot is a good start but it can't stop there. They still have a long road to go.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHost View Post
    Switching to a different software (which they probably won't do since it requires resources they probably don't have) won't fix the issue that TeamSpeak has done little to actually push the idea of building a healthy community. Their social media efforts were limited at best, they are not on reddit and these forums are not exactly thriving with activity either.

A lot of things would have to change. Upgrading the look and feel of the website and inventing a mascot is a good start but it can't stop there. They still have a long road to go.
    Pretty good post. Even by just looking at their social media presence, they're actual interaction with the community is insignificant compared to many other platforms that use the service. Like, it feels like it's sole purpose is to promote their own product in a very formal scenerio. But you'd find that while this isn't entirely a bad thing, it's not something that actually will boost the platform in any sense.

The only sense of community I ever feel from these forums is recognising someone outside the website who I've run into here. Shoutout to bluescream

Quote Originally Posted by Randinator View Post
    You're suggesting we move to an even more crappier forum software such as vanilla, lol?
    I've used it a few times, both administratively and as a consumer. It's quite weird to work with. Moreso if you're not even hosting it yourself. I didn't make these decisions though

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Still can't post, say, an SQL query example.

Quote Originally Posted by Randinator View Post
    I agree they need to keep the momentum going. But reddit?? lol only dumb people, trolls and losers use reddit. No one I know with half a brain uses reddit. They're on par with facebook for anti speech/anti privacy etc..
    You could say that about pretty much all of social media.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    I also noticed the change, I appreciate it, sometimes I jumped so much that it was a bit annoying, always the best for safety

We would like to remind everyone to remain civil and not give in to temptation to insult others, however much you may disagree with their opinion / views.

Edit by dante
    All these post got moved to https://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/131438
    Last edited by dante696; September 12th, 2018 at 07:10 AM.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Thread Information