Forum

Updating to a sponsorship license

I have a server without a license. It will be a problem if I want to use the same server with a no-profit license?

EDIT: I know it, it will be called "Sponsorship license"

Lightbulb Possible Anwser

No. It won't be a problem. If the applications are open soon you will receive a "licensekey.dat" (if your server got accepted) and you have to drag it in your working teamspeak server folder/directory. after this you'll need to restart your server. you will not lose any datas from your teamspeak server, everything will stay.

Note: But the Non-Profit License is only accessable for only 1 teamspeak 3 server
    Note2: Other servers with the same NPL will be shutdown after 1 minute/hour or they're getting blacklisted

Non-Profit Licenses will be dead soon but none is sure about that.

If you want get a Sponsorship license: you have to enter this site and wait for the "OPEN" state.
    If you want to get another license because you won't wait: Search another license at this site.
    If you have further questions: Open here a ticket on the support-desk. This is a "tech-forum" and none can help you with license & sales stuff.
    Last edited by MCG; September 9th, 2018 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Added BBcodes

I really hope the NPL will stay in the future and just new licenses are going to be the now called "Sponsorship License".

Please Teamspeak: Don`t kill the existing NPL License!

There is only one thing which is confusing me, I wonder if the sponsorship-license will give more slots because there's nothing for more slots.

Sponsorship would be useless if there will be no slots and only 1 virtual server.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by MCGamingDE View Post
    No. It won't be a problem. If the applications are open soon you will receive a "licensekey.dat" (if your server got accepted) and you have to drag it in your working teamspeak server folder/directory. after this you'll need to restart your server. you will not lose any datas from your teamspeak server, everything will stay.

Note: But the Non-Profit License is only accessable for only 1 teamspeak 3 server
    Note2: Other servers with the same NPL will be shutdown after 1 minute/hour or they're getting blacklisted

Non-Profit Licenses will be dead soon but none is sure about that.

If you want get a Sponsorship license: you have to enter this site and wait for the "OPEN" state.
    If you want to get another license because you won't wait: Search another license at this site.
    If you have further questions: Open here a ticket on the support-desk. This is a "tech-forum" and none can help you with license & sales stuff.
    Understood! Thanks for your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by MCGamingDE View Post
    No. It won't be a problem.
    It will be a problem. NPL and sponsorship are the same thing and therefore will not be permitted on the same machine. Also, a person who has owned an AAL or NPL cannot apply for a sponsorship license or NPL.
    Last edited by numma_cway; September 10th, 2018 at 05:47 PM.

i don`t think that teamspeak will give you more slots with the Sponsorship License.
    I bet it will stay at 512, or maybe 1024.

Maybe they don`t know yet themselves what the Sponsorship License will exactly be, otherwise there would be more information.

On and Off Line Functionality means that the Server must have an internet connection all the time?

i don`t think that teamspeak will give you more slots with the Sponsorship License.
    I bet it will stay at 512, or maybe 1024.
    the NPL already gives 512 slots but none can get it again.
    anyway they should add some more slots for sponsorship.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo Sauce View Post
    We only bought a activated license because we couldn't afford to wait for a non-profit approval. But we don't accept donations... we're a legally recognized non-profit. We don't want to continue paying this activated license, either, but now you're telling me we're stuck with it even if we qualify for sponsored license? That's stupid.
    @SossenSystems tried and was told he couldn't change from AAL to NPL.

Thread Information