Forum

Hide IP Adress in Server List

Hi, I really love the way the server list works now, but I see one disadvantage there.

It's a very very easy way to get the IP Adress from the teamspeak server, which makes it much easier to DDOS the server and there is no way to hide it.

So I would love have the option that we can add a domain or a teamspeak servername in our servers so that users from the serverlist connect through that domain and not automatically through the IP Adress.

It would make it harder to get the IP, because you can hide it against scanners with services like CloudFlare, so it would be nice if Teamspeak would also hide the IP.

Yeah true 100% like Discord. At dicord is more protected because the IP address is hidden no one can see it. Hope developers will work on this thing. After that no one can see our ip address and DDos us.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Corvantes View Post
    Yeah true 100% like Discord. At dicord is more protected because the IP address is hidden no one can see it. Hope developers will work on this thing. After that no one can see our ip address and DDos us.

Regards,
    You can host your own Discord server? Since when?

The main reason why Discord is harder to DDoS is probably because they have the infrastructure to deal with the smaller DDoS attacks.

Just putting a domain name in place of your server's IP address doesn't add much protection. Protecting one's servers against DDoS is really not as easy as some people seem to believe. Proper DDoS protection requires a clever setup and a proper mitigation service which usually comes at a price.

And I think protecting a service like TeamSpeak which uses a custom protocol based on a stateless protocol like UDP may actually be harder than protecting a standardized TCP service like a HTTP server.

What I'm trying to say: There is no giant "DDoS protection" lever which you just flip into the "on" position and you are done.

Thread Information