Forum

Permissions for a "Normal" group

Hi! I am in charge of managing permissions for my TS server. I am using a rank format, with each higher rank showing up in the tree in a higher position. I am trying to use a member group that has all of the normal permissions, and then have the rank groups as "Blank" only having the sort ID and talk power permissions granted. The point of this was to limit the workload in the future. As of now, those with member permissions and rank tags cannot see other members in the server. I will provide screenshots of the selected permissions. Any help will be welcomed. Thanks. Note that the permissions for the second image are the same across all of the ranks, only differing in talk power and sort id.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TS3 perms 99th.PNG 
Views:	59 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	17147Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ts3 perms col.PNG 
Views:	49 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	17148

The first three permissions are part of every group and set by default (based on the values of the one creating the group). They shouldn't be removed as they limit who can edit or assign these groups. If you remove them everyone could do that.

Other than that you can certainly do that and assign both groups to clients. Permissions from server groups are merged from all server groups a client has before considering the next tier permissions
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Thread Information