Forum

Raise the free server licensing slot count

Raise the free licensing server slot count. This is a deciding factor for those contemplating the switch to Discord or from Discord to Teamspeak.

Although I agree, it seems as though the opportunity (to increase server limit) is already in the works via their upcoming 'Sponsorship License' (previously NPL).

I see this as slightly controversial to their privacy philosophy (considering you have to provide information in-order to apply), and as a hurdle to new server hosts (as it would be an extra step to creating a server).

This being said, I'm sure some thought was put into how they should execute making TeamSpeak more available to gamers.

same problem, in the past years we've hit free server limit multiple times and we had to split the community or just move to an alternative "solution".

right now i have a hard time to even keep ppl on teamspeak, since they startet to use discord, because it's "free" and also works without the limit.
    generation whatsapp, brain off and privacy is for noobs.

Discord also doesnt have a licensing server that has been down for 2/3 days straight causing constant server stops.

Quote Originally Posted by SpawnTDK View Post
    same problem, in the past years we've hit free server limit multiple times and we had to split the community or just move to an alternative "solution".
    Then why dont you just buy a license instead of splitting? lol

Quote Originally Posted by echoDreamz View Post
    Discord also doesnt have a licensing server that has been down for 2/3 days straight causing constant server stops.
    I have never seen the accounting server going down. You have any evidence that the main and the backup server were down at the same time for 2 days? Seems like a lie to me.

What "backup server"?

I don't care about raising free server slots. TeamSpeak is not for free for server owners and I'm happy about it. That's why I have full rights to my server.

Yes, we need more slot for the server, the NPL is great but to difficult to have..
    If with the gamer licenze is pretty easy to have more slot this is a great upgrade

Thread Information