Forum

TS3 Server won't start as task

Hello all!

I have a TS3 server on my Windows 10. When the server is restarted, I want the TS3 server to start automatically when the user gets logged in. So I set it up in the Task Scheduler...

Problem 1: as soon as I get logged in I do get constantly the "TeamSpeak 3 Server License" window and have to press 'Accept'. Every time again when restarting.

Problem 2: As soon as 'Accept' is pressed, the server just dissapears. It always does. But when I start it myself after a restart of Windows 10, it always works and I do NOT get the "TeamSpeak 3 Server License".

Why does it not work, and how to fix this? The Windows 10 is freshly downloaded and installed. I have this problem on both my server and test computer. The server is started as Administrator.

Logs: There are no logs after this happens.

EDIT: License accepting is solved. (Suddenly doesn't show anymore)

EDIT2: I have tried to start a .cmd-file with the starting code for the TS3 server in it. Also the same result. Also have set with Task Scheduler that it has to start every minute 15 minutes long, and even then it still doesn't work. When I manually start it, it will.
    Last edited by Mascha; October 3rd, 2018 at 11:36 PM.

Maybe move this to bug report?

Quote Originally Posted by Mascha View Post
    Maybe move this to bug report?
    Why?Do not see any bug in your report.
    You only gave two unimportant details (it is not working and Windows 10). Nothing we can work with.

Please do not run the server as admin .. never .. never ... never and be so kind to read the server log in most cases it will tell you what is wrong.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Why?Do not see any bug in your report.
    You only gave two unimportant details (it is not working and Windows 10). Nothing we can work with.

Please do not run the server as admin .. never .. never ... never and be so kind to read the server log in most cases it will tell you what is wrong.
    Like I said, let me quote myself: "Logs: There are no logs after this happens." So what do you want me to give if it doesn't give any log? I deleted all logs and restarted the computer. The server started and disappeared. No logs were written. So. With and without running as Admin.

Also tried running it from C:/ and another partition (E:/) both Admin and not. USB-Stick same result. On 3 different computers (Windows 10) and the same goes for Windows Server 2016 on my NAS.

At least try it urself on a freshly installed PC, or just ur own?
    Last edited by Mascha; October 21st, 2018 at 05:14 PM.

There might be no Teamspeak logs generated, but have you checked the Windows System and Application logs?

No logs at all there as well. However, the solution is found:

Right click on your task > "Properties" > "Actions" > "Edit" | Put ONLY the file name under 'Program/Script', no quotes and ONLY the directory under 'Start in' as described, again no quotes.
    I still find it weird that it will not just normally run with selecting the starting program, but okay...

Thread Information