Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fubister View Post
    I would really appreciate if you can bring back the feature where you press arrow up on the chat and it fills the chat box with last message you sent
    its a good idea

I'd like to propose a new feature for the ban list. The idea is to set a value needed to remove or modify the ban when banning, or directly add a value into the ban list.

Suggestion:

INVITE TO CHANNEL: You can right click on any user and send channel invites. By doing that people will be able to invite players who are in default lobbies or entrance zone of teamspeak server. This will be very helpful for large teamspeak servers.

It is hard for people to search thru hundreds of teamspeak channel and find their friends. They mostly rely on the administrators for that but this will make the system user friendly.

The invites can also be classified into a few types:
    Type 1: Password override invites. You do not need the channel password to join the channel.
    Type 2: The invitiation requires a password field to be completed
    Type 3: Invitation can override join power and channel user limits. (this will be limited to admins only presumably) (idk if this one is needed the server can take care of people who do not comply with the permissions.

Although this feature can also be abused as people will start spamming everyone and start inviting everyone so I also suggest a way to disable invites, also add an anti-flood measure in this feature to reduce the spam.

This feature is absolutely necessary considering the way things are going on right now.

In case you add up a server-chat system in the future (like discord) people will be able to post their channel invites into one specific server chat channel and annnounce what games they play and all and people can join their channels using that invite. It will create a whole new friendly atmosphere and maybe people will be able to make a lot of friends.

Suggestion:
    Categories in friendlist - add ability to set categories to contacts like steam, or just set to favorite.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	18781
    And it would be nice in ts3 too.

teamspeak 5

dear teamspeak staff , thank you for you time i just wanna ask if i can please have a teamspeak 5 code all of my friends have it i am the only one who does not have it

Teamspeak 5 Beta18 - popout "sections" of the application

Hi everyone,

recently got my access to the beta for teamspeak5 and have a suggestion which would improve the general quality of life when using teamspeak.

Currently it is not possible to visually monitor multiple connections (joining and leaving clients of the channel/server) without clicking on the channel/server where something might have changed after an audio-signal (essentially losing system focus of the game I'm currently playing).

Popping out specific sections from the main application window would allow to keep multiple chats/connections open and visible at the same time.
    Personally I'd also use it to keep chats one a different monitor than the server connections.

Maybe it would also be possible to keep a channel chat open, even after leaving the channel?
    Not sure about the technical limitations on that front though.

TS5 Suggestion: The Teamspeak 5 main page can accept another feature called the Sponsored Servers List. In this way you can actually prommote the servers which are sponsored by you.

Having tried the beta for a while now, i've compiled a list of feedback and suggestions that i'd like to see implemented. Currently the Teamspeak5 client lags behind mainly in usability and ease of access behind alternatives like discord or even TS3 in some cases. I am confident that some smaller changes could greatly improve productivity and ease of access, especially when using several TS servers simultaneously.

Anyway, here's my list for 5.0.0-beta.18 :

##UI##

- Permission popups and other system messages :
    These should not overlap/cover the top channels of a server.
    Either move them to the bottom or make them pop up in the chat/info window.

- Search bar :
    Maybe split menu option and server/contact searches into 2 separate search bars

- Dashboard layout :
    It should adapt to current window size to fill most of the usable space.
    Reduce radius on rounded corners, the current look is reminding me a lot of a dated default phpbb3.
    Take inspiration from your own website for the design : https://teamspeak.com/en/thanks-for-...ing-teamspeak/
    Maybe introduce a 2 column layout for stuff like the changelog.

- Layout serverlist :
    Make the server-list/favorites collapsible so that only larger server icons are displayed when collapsed.
    Connection status can be displayed by a colored outline for the server icon.
    Connecting/disconnecting and editing should be done via doubleclick or context menu respectively.
    See example picture for a layout suggestion.

- Layout chat/info Window :
    Make the chat window detachable and collapsible if attached.
    Currently the window can be minimized to only show the chat window but unfortunately not the other way around.
    Having increased customizability regarding chat size and position independent of the main window would be desirable.
    Possibly combine the channel info window with the chat window so that the information contained there can be accessed from the top of the chat window via collapsible element or popup.
    See example picture for a layout suggestion.

##Functionality##

- Obviously a well organized permission and group management interface is still needed, preferably in a window separate from the main TS window
    - Hovering the mouse over a channel should bring up a small popup with channel description and data, similar to TS3
    - Server properties and settings should be accessible via right-click on the servername in the channel-list section and on the server-list section.

##Accessibility##

- Right click sub-menus should have an option to either require a click or to open on hovering. Currently a lot of potentially unnecessary clicks are needed to navigate to a desired menu point.
    - The current simple layout for chat could benefit from very subtle changes in background brightness to separate alternating messages better visually. Slightly larger line spacing between different messages and an increased contrast on the divider would also contribute to a cleaner look.
    - An option to ignore mouse input for keybinds would be nice. As currently, even if no mouse button is specified in hotkeys, holding a mouse button will block the use of keyboard only hotkeys, presumably because the mouse button is counted as modifier/second key.

##Bugs##

- None encountered so far, currently on 5.0.0-beta.18

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FeedbackUI.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	258.1 KB 
ID:	18816

Other Teamspeak users UUID can be seen on teamspeak 5

Going on to the Show Details of teamspeak 5 I can see the UUID string that is only for the user who owns it. This is not something I think other TS users should be allowed to see the other UUID, but not copy and paste it. Example: I was able to copy and paste the UUID into steam to the person that owns it. Imagine that someone else wanted to use the UUID for other used and unknownly had it stolened? This mean the person has inpersonated the other user and Identity theft was made in the act. This is why I think this should not be able to copy and pasteable as it is something inportant to the user.
    Last edited by Tris543; January 9th, 2020 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris543 View Post
    Going on to the Show Details of teamspeak 5 I can see the UUID string that is only for the user who owns it. This is not something I think other TS users should be allowed to see the other UUID, but not copy and paste it. Example: I was able to copy and paste the UUID into steam to the person that owns it. Imagine that someone else wanted to use the UUID for other used and unknownly had it stolened? This mean the person has inpersonated the other user and Identity theft was made in the act. This is why I think this should not be able to copy and pasteable as it is something inportant to the user.

Example:
    The inpersonator can log on to the other servers and mute the mic putting racist comments in chat.
    DDos the server using the stolen UUID.
    That's not how that works. You need to have a private key of that user to be able to impersonate someone. Having the UUID only gives you the chances of bruteforcing it but good luck with that. Also, copying the UUID is also possible in TS3.

Own emoji and animated emojis for usage on servers

Ability to add your own emoticons for use on a given server.

Quote Originally Posted by skill1917 View Post
    That's not how that works. You need to have a private key of that user to be able to impersonate someone. Having the UUID only gives you the chances of bruteforcing it but good luck with that. Also, copying the UUID is also possible in TS3.
    I been told that shouldn't be able to see that in the server and shouldn't be exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by catmzero View Post
    Hi everyone,

recently got my access to the beta for teamspeak5 and have a suggestion which would improve the general quality of life when using teamspeak.

Currently it is not possible to visually monitor multiple connections (joining and leaving clients of the channel/server) without clicking on the channel/server where something might have changed after an audio-signal (essentially losing system focus of the game I'm currently playing).

Popping out specific sections from the main application window would allow to keep multiple chats/connections open and visible at the same time.
    Personally I'd also use it to keep chats one a different monitor than the server connections.

Maybe it would also be possible to keep a channel chat open, even after leaving the channel?
    Not sure about the technical limitations on that front though.
    I can definitely see this being useful. Especially to people using multiple monitors and/or server administrators.
    So yea I fully support this request.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris543 View Post
    I been told that shouldn't be able to see that in the server and shouldn't be exposed.
    It's been like this forever! UUID is used to give you permissions etc. and it's very helpful for admins to copy it there if they want to look something else up. This is a feature and not a issue.

Quote Originally Posted by D0mm4S View Post
    It's been like this forever! UUID is used to give you permissions etc. and it's very helpful for admins to copy it there if they want to look something else up. This is a feature and not a issue.
    Exactly and in ts3 is also visible to all users
    ( just need and addon to write the uuid in info section or siply just move the client nick to chat and tadaaa )

Thread Information