Forum

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by KleurenDoof View Post
    2. Server data store
    As we know its possible to send files over and store them on your server just like a normal ftp server.
    I might be wrong but so far i know there is no option to have the ftp data store outside the server files.
    You can move the data store very easily. On the same machine, simply replace the files/ directory with a symbolic link to the actual file store.
    For network storage, mount the network storage and create symbolic links to the mounted directory. Or directly mount into an empty files/ directory before the server is started for the first time.

I am willing to suggest a channel feature called channel admin notes. (This feature can be attached to every channel created and the notes can be seen by the admins(or whoever gets the permission to view it). It will help us to keep track of when the channel was created, active or not when the channel or the bots need renewal etc.

Quote Originally Posted by florian2833z View Post
    Well you shouldn't use FTP either because it's the same trash

Why don't you use OneDrive or Google Drive in combination with Boxcryptor (https://www.boxcryptor.com) to share files with your friends?
    Such effort for sharing public mods and game screenshots...
    For screenshots I recommend some program like ShareX or alternative software, they upload it directly to your linked image hoster accounts and copy the link into your clipboard. Then you just drop the link in the chat and it gets rendered.. oh... wait. Not in TeamSpeak
    Last edited by dante696; September 14th, 2019 at 01:50 PM.

I wanna add another suggestion for TS5 (I think this can also be added to ts3)

Server History: They can add a server history (list of servers we connected in the past) it makes things very much easier for people to remember where they last joined if they forget the server IP or the domain address. (Just like chrome history )

Quote Originally Posted by Bituspy View Post
    I wanna add another suggestion for TS5 (I think this can also be added to ts3)

Server History: They can add a server history (list of servers we connected in the past) it makes things very much easier for people to remember where they last joined if they forget the server IP or the domain address. (Just like chrome history )
    For TS3 there is already a plugin for it - Connection History

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Pepps View Post
    For TS3 there is already a plugin for it - Connection History
    Yes I am aware of the plugin but everything should not be embedded in a plugin but added as a feature inside teamspeak itself. If we claim to be one of the best VoIP's it shouldn't need plugins to complete the basic features required for proper operations. (We can't just tell everyone in the world who connects to our servers to just go and download this plugin to keep the server history and stuff.)

Start client with non gui to make ts bots more easy

Please add server side text only channel like in Discord with mentions (@user, @all, ...) and maybe embeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanashi View Post
    Please add server side text only channel like in Discord with mentions (@user, @all, ...) and maybe embeds.
    Do you talk about that? or about some discord-copies?

Name:  gKrDNjp.png
Views: 117
Size:  39.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by MCG View Post
    Do you talk about that? or about some discord-copies?

Name:  gKrDNjp.png
Views: 117
Size:  39.8 KB
    I talk about a text only channel and not a voice channel with chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanashi View Post
    I talk about a text only channel and not a voice channel with chat.
    But why? It's still TeamSpeak. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by MCG View Post
    But why? It's still TeamSpeak. ^^
    teamspeak not teamtype ^^

Serverside Webhooks would be great. This would simplify the process to create Bots!

Thank you.

German/Deutsch: https://pastebin.com/8NNxUXuZ

I also have a few suggestions for the client:

I think it would be nice if you could have the server banner permanently at the top right like in TS3. Of course only optional. It would also be cool that if you click on a chat it doesn't replace the server or channel information. I liked the structure and the overview of TS3, namely actually very good.

I also liked the server chat, because you always saw what was happening on your server. Yes I know that below is the item "Recent Server Events", but I think it's nicer if you can display this permanently below. I know that it probably bothers most people, so it should be optional too.

To all those who have complained about the rights system or have suggested improvements: Yes I'm with you on most things, like server group channel rights, but maybe it would be nice if the rights system were in the client at all, because I haven't found it yet. Please correct me if I'm wrong

And I have a question because my BB codes aren't working anymore. Only a few of them still work. Have they been abolished, replaced or just not added to the client yet?

There is one more thing I would like to see, which many people probably wish for, and that is the Only-Text-Channel. Yes, I know there is now a chat system, which I think is really cool with the groups. But although I always hated Discord and hardly never used it, I found the Only-Text-Channel the only good thing about Discord. I know that the TS3 client and server will have to be reprogrammed for this, but I think this thing is so essential for many communities and also a thing to "destroy" Discord a little bit more. As I said broadly, I have never actually used Discord myself, but still I miss these things a bit, because when I used Discord, I found them extremely handy to just quickly exchange and ask a question without having to go straight to the support of the server.

Thanks for reading and I hope that maybe a little of this will be implemented.

Thread Information