Forum

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    It will return but not in such detailed version.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    It will return but not in such detailed version.
    i'm curious

I have a suggestion- [A HINT SYSTEM]

As discord was down today for so long that people had no choice but to try teamspeak the only thing we figured for the teamspeak is that people don't find the UI very friendly.

I believe people won't prefer the UI of TS5 over discord either, hence i am here to suggest that you add a hints dialog or message near all your menu bars and boxes. (If a user install the teamspeak 3 they should be given a choice to help them get a proper guide on how to connect to the server, how to find and change the channels, how to go in tools> options> settings etc etc.

People have a habit of spoon feeding and no doubt as the UI is difficult to understand as discord users get a very simplified AI we need to guide them how to use this complicated AI.

The guide is absolutely necessary for setting up teamspeak client, joining the server, finding a channel, setting up mic, headphones, push to talk, saving server address, bookmarks etc. Everything should be placed in a proper guide and should exist on a menu bar.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rokolell View Post
    It'd be really useful if you could use Teamspeak on devices like the Raspberry Pi which is ARM based but there are no ARM TS builds... so some ARM support for TS 5 would be nice.

Maybe that would be an alternative:
    HTML Code:
    https://www.hackerboards.com/product/383/

Suggestion:

let the user hide the servers&contacts column.
    i would prefer to see the server rooms and chat instead of servers&contacts and server room when reducing the window to a smaller size.

Name:  TeamSpeak_YWog53uC2a.png
Views: 134
Size:  149.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Xyanidez View Post
    Suggestion:

let the user hide the servers&contacts column.
    i would prefer to see the server rooms and chat instead of servers&contacts and server room when reducing the window to a smaller size.

Name:  TeamSpeak_YWog53uC2a.png
Views: 134
Size:  149.9 KB
    Thats a good idea!

TS5 BETA Some of my ideas!

got some ideas for the TS5 BETA ,while some of them in my opinion are a must have, others would be "cool to have" and even would help other users to ditch their currently used COMS app and switch to TS,

the ones that IMO are a MUST have:
    • Push To Talk Sound For Off And On.
    • ability to link our social accounts and be able to flex them rare usernames.
    • better API to attract devs and hence other users.
    • direct or group voice call, without the need to join a server and enter a voice channel.
    • Teamspeak overlay.
    • ability to add custom animated emotes (we need the memes to survive!).
    • global server chat, not just channel based (can be accessed even if you are in a different voice channel).
    • add emotes in channel names and in nicknames.
    • 2FA.

As for the "cool to have" features, obviously
    • global emotes.
    • animated avatars.
    • colored chat, channel names, or nicknames.
    • Profile Description.
    • admin commands.
    • group move instead of having to move users one by one to another channel.
    • report and complaint system that cant be abused to ban users.

if any of these have already been suggested then i just second them being added, also i do realize that these features might be available at rival com apps but they became essential and people use them everyday and it makes their experiance way more better then what TS currentlyhas to offer IMO, hope my honesty dosen't hurt anyones feelings. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Bituspy View Post
    I have a suggestion- [A HINT SYSTEM]

As discord was down today for so long that people had no choice but to try teamspeak the only thing we figured for the teamspeak is that people don't find the UI very friendly.

I believe people won't prefer the UI of TS5 over discord either, hence i am here to suggest that you add a hints dialog or message near all your menu bars and boxes. (If a user install the teamspeak 3 they should be given a choice to help them get a proper guide on how to connect to the server, how to find and change the channels, how to go in tools> options> settings etc etc.

People have a habit of spoon feeding and no doubt as the UI is difficult to understand as discord users get a very simplified AI we need to guide them how to use this complicated AI.

The guide is absolutely necessary for setting up teamspeak client, joining the server, finding a channel, setting up mic, headphones, push to talk, saving server address, bookmarks etc. Everything should be placed in a proper guide and should exist on a menu bar.

Thanks
    why? becouse ts had more settings than dc?
    i think the ui is user friendly enough.
    otherwise the hints dialog not necessarily, but not a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan92 View Post
    why? becouse ts had more settings than dc?
    i think the ui is user friendly enough.
    otherwise the hints dialog not necessarily, but not a bad idea.
    I think the UI (old and new both) are not that friendly when people tend to switch from discord to teamspeak. People will always prefer to use the simplest ones with more features rather than going to a complex one with less features.

The hint dialog and guide is absolutely necessary to make people understand how TS5 works. I am having difficulty in making people understand how the servers/channels etc work.

If you do not wanna add this maybe just add server chat channels and we can post our own guides easily

I would also suggest a window similar to beta changelog you should add a roadmap log so we can see if our requests are being processed or not. I don't find any productivity of giving suggestions if they are not being worked upon or added into the tasks list for the future.

@giphy Animated avatars have been there forever! You can even use them for your TeamSpeak Account and if you join a server with the latest server version your TeamSpeak Account avatar is shown when you have no server avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Bituspy View Post
    I think the UI (old and new both) are not that friendly when people tend to switch from discord to teamspeak. People will always prefer to use the simplest ones with more features rather than going to a complex one with less features.

The hint dialog and guide is absolutely necessary to make people understand how TS5 works. I am having difficulty in making people understand how the servers/channels etc work.

If you do not wanna add this maybe just add server chat channels and we can post our own guides easily

I would also suggest a window similar to beta changelog you should add a roadmap log so we can see if our requests are being processed or not. I don't find any productivity of giving suggestions if they are not being worked upon or added into the tasks list for the future.
    i think the ui its ok becouse they mixed old and new elements for create ts5 , i think its necessary to let users decide wich client prefer ts3 or ts5 and those are compatible and use the same server.
    my friends who i gave the beta key immediately switched and they liked
    the hints are good idea
    i think they are see our suggestions and they are considering our ideas, but they have our plans and i think its a little more important.
    but hey, first thing first

pls add the following:
    - in recent server events option to klick on a user name to additional options like ban or move..etc (similar in ts3)
    - in private chat show chatpartner disconnect message when he leaves like in ts3
    - group chat image set
    - ability to change group chat name
    - after connection lost join the same room when your connection is restored
    - compact view with avatars
    - permission options
    - show country flags option
    - blocked users list

Thread Information