Forum

Login Encryption for Personal Linux TS Server

I wanted to know if the login to a TeamSpeak 3 server built on Linux is encrypted by default. I cannot find information on this.

I have also noticed that I can login from the admin computer without any password for the server, but every other user (non-admin) is required to use the password. Is this normal?

Thanks.

Yes that is normal, because the server admin has the permission to ignore the server password (b_virtualserver_join_ignore_password)
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Thank you for the information. What about the login to the server? There is no https in front of the address and I cannot find documents explaining whether there is any encryption for a user logging in. I am concerned as most people will be logging in from outside the home network.

Where is the encryption occurring if it exists? Is there any way to verify?

Thanks.

TeamSpeak is its own protocol and not related to HTTPS. A URL that includes the protocol would be: ts3server://voice.teamspeak.com

For the encryption, the following things apply:
    • File transfer: Never encrypted. Consistency is only checked for avatars using MD5. MitM is therefore possible for icons and regular files.
    • Query: Always encrypted if you connect via SSH (port 10022 by default) and never encrypted if you connect via TCP/Raw/Telnet (port 10011 by default).
    • Voice data: Encryption is the server admin's choice, who can decide to leave this to the channel admins. Hosters may charge for encrypted voice data.
    • Control (any data the end user client transmits other than files and voice data): Always encrypted. Bookmarked servers are checked for MitM.

Thread Information