Forum

[Discussion] TeamSpeak Server 3.5.0 Beta

Here you can leave your feedback and discuss about server 3.5.0 which can be found in our release thread
    Last edited by dante696; October 29th, 2018 at 11:07 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Great update.
    I have a question. Will it be an option in server settings that myTeamspeak account is needed to connect to the server?
    That would be nice.

+1 on that

Maybe adding a little modal window with information about my teamspeak and a 3-step instruction would increase the number of users using myTeamspeak.
    You should also include the benefits of myTeamspeak like universal IDs, exclusive Badges etc.

We should be trying to get as many users as possible onto the myTeamspeak-System as it simplifies a lot and creates possibilities for "must-have"-features like global friend-/ignorelists, displaying what game the user is playing (Steam-API etc.) and so on.

I agree that it should be optional for the sake of choice but right know (at least in our community) many people simply don't know about the benefits a myTeamspeak-Account offers them.
    As soon as I'm telling them that they have a global ID (synchronized) on all devices and do not need to manually copy their ID to keep their groups on different devices (which, let's be honest here, 90% of casual users simply don't bother doing) they are usually already in the process of setting up an account.

I'm not sure if this was what he wants, but a better way to display the "ban reason" for being banned for not having a mytsid would sure be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by LKNickname View Post
    We should be trying to get as many users as possible onto the myTeamspeak-System as it simplifies a lot and creates possibilities for "must-have"-features like global friend-/ignorelists, displaying what game the user is playing (Steam-API etc.) and so on.
    Some of which is already planned for TS5.

Just a question, is there any big chance that the remove of the permission "b_channel_create_private" will cause the other permissions to reset to their default value?
    I make a backup from the TS server before doing any upgrades, but I just wanted to make sure.

And I agree with @LKNickname, a little modal windows would be useful.
    There are way to many people who don't create this because of this reason and then ask to get their permissions back.

A server option for this is not planned for this release.
    We have that in ticket system already but it's stored under evaluation.

Removing the permissions in this release will not break anything for clients.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Code:
    clientgetnamefromuid cluid=sQ1ZFOVmR5uaSL1OqgC6jk58W2g=|cluid=ogSF5G5XJqsKQFMbumipoNN+lXY=|cluid=BMuPjGgEpf5uh1SNhKnPXU\/jSmw=|cluid=WHAyBAnxVmNcfdac3cuICONsCfg=|cluid=vf\/7I3EUcujWG9TcRZEfBKW\/08Q=
    cluid=sQ1ZFOVmR5uaSL1OqgC6jk58W2g= cldbid=73490 name=MounTix|cluid=BMuPjGgEpf5uh1SNhKnPXU\/jSmw= cldbid=81087 name=Thomas
    error id=512 msg=invalid\sclientID
    As you can see, it returns all valid results but also an error. I use that command for avatars, and because of a bug in early versions, some orphan avatars can exist which will likely make some UIDs invalid, so please still return that information if the query is partially invalid, just remove the error code. Or leave it as is, as YaTQA ignores that error code in the command's result evaluation now.

We decided to take this error code, when at least one request does not give a result.
    In our reply we could only take on error message. Using error is 0 is wrong, because not everything was ok in the result.

You have to ignore it then, if you want to work with it in future.

Beta 2 server, 3.2.3 client: clicking on disconnected users in server log will cause

Name:  jiudcxw.png
Views: 279
Size:  5.5 KB

We found that bug already. But thanks for the feedback
    The stable release on next monday will have a fix for this.

Thread Information