Forum

TTS: made custom INI but how to I select what voice to use?

Hi, thanks for clicking. New windows install, I re-created an .ini I want to use. Problem is, I'm not sure how to change what voice is used to read the text I've created. The default male voice is unacceptable.

I've been googling various search parameters, including searching these forums, to find how to implement a custom voice but all I can seem to find is pre-made .wav files from other creators which defeats the purpose of having a custom .ini to read my custom TTS.

When I select different voice packs either by changing the bookmark or using the Self drop-down menu (Self > SoundPack > [selection]) the selection might use, as an example, the female voice but doesn't use my custom .ini. What am I missing here?

Maybe I'm not using the right search parameters to find what I want? How do I change the voice used to read my custom .ini? Where would I look to find new voices for TTS? What am I missing?

Any guidance would be great, thanks!

If it matters, here's my ini:
    https://pastebin.com/Q03hJ83A

TeamSpeak can not change the voice that is used from TTS.
    We use the given TTS voice and setting from your operation system. And this is the place where you have to change it.

P.s. you have to select the TTS sound pack in client to activate it or else you will only hear the mentioned WAV files.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

If that's true, then how does TeamSpeak allow the selection of a male voice or a female voice when the setting is NOT being changed in the operating system?

You select different folders where WAV files for female and male voice are stored.
    In client you find the sound folder and in that folder you find "default" and "default_male".
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    You select different folders where WAV files for female and male voice are stored.
    In client you find the sound folder and in that folder you find "default" and "default_male".
    You didn't even bother reading my post. It's possible to select male and female text to speech without using wav files (because that's not what text to speech is) and without changing settings in the operating system's control panel to do it.

Okay, so I've installed some 3rd party voice TTS and I've set that new voice in the Windows control panel to be used.

After restarting TS, when I go into Teamspeak options and click Notifications, there is NO new voice available in the sound pack drop down list and the same default voices are always used. I don't understand what I'm missing and I'm getting zero real feedback on these help forums.

No matter what option I choose in the notifications drop down menu and no matter what option I select for sound pack in the Self menu or in the bookmark menu, Teamspeak still refuses to use anything other than the default male or female voice to read my custom TTS ini.

What am I missing? What don't I understand? This is so incredibly clumsy and frustrating. Why the Fck is this so hard to get an answer on?

Quote Originally Posted by BBNH_Jesus View Post
    You didn't even bother reading my post. It's possible to select male and female text to speech without using wav files (because that's not what text to speech is) and without changing settings in the operating system's control panel to do it.
    This is not true. You can not set the Voice in our client.
    In our client you can only decide to use Default Sound Pack Female or Default Sound Pack Male voice and these are WAV files and you can select Default Text To Speech (or other custom Text to Speech Soundpacks).

After restarting TS, when I go into Teamspeak options and click Notifications, there is NO new voice available in the sound pack drop down list
    As said twice. you can not set the voice in our client.
    Their won't be another Sound Pack in the client after changing/adding Windows TTS voice.

You only have the option to select a sound pack which is prepared for TTS.
    In our case it is the Default Text To Speech.

and the same default voices are always used.
    Set Default Text To Speech as your sound pack and make sure your bookmarks have no different settings here.
    And make sure Windows is using the right voice TTS as default.

I'm getting zero real feedback on these help forums.
    Wow... just wow.

No matter what option I choose in the notifications drop down menu and no matter what option I select for sound pack in the Self menu or in the bookmark menu, Teamspeak still refuses to use anything other than the default male or female voice to read my custom TTS ini.
    As said many times now.
    You can not set the voice in client! And the Male and Female sound packs are WAV files and not TTS.

Why the Fck is this so hard to get an answer on?
    You are to impatient..... You did not even wait 2 hours on a forum where you get free support.

I posted this 11am on Monday. First reply was 6am on Tuesday.

Thanks for the clarification on the different voices in TS only being wave files and not capable of reading TTS. That's the information that I needed clarification for.

Thread Information