Forum

Possibility to deny server connect via permission for people without myTeamspeak

Hey,

we got plenty of staff members for our Teamspeak and it's kinda annoying to reapply groups after they changed their pc, phone or what so ever.
    We told them to setup MyTeamspeak, but as people come and go, there are always people who forgot to set it up.

Thats why I am asking if it's possible to add a server permission that can be added to a group, that denies a server group to join the server if this groupmember isn't using MyTeamspeak.

Kind regards,
    John

I completely agree, but this feature should be also available on the virtual server configuration (misc tab) to enable it globally when needed.

SERVER side - Accept only user with myTeamspeak account linked

Hi Teamspeak !

I think it would be great to have on option which allows admins to auto-reject people without myTeamspeak account linked.
    For big servers, it will be easier to administrate only such kind of user.

If so, then it will be required to have a popup informing correctly users and forwarding them to myTeamspeak registration...

Hope to check soon TS5,
    Bye,
    Lix
    Last edited by dante696; October 30th, 2018 at 10:47 AM. Reason: merged

You just need to download the latest server 3.5.0 and put a ban into the server via ServerQuery (not yet possible in client GUI).
    Code:
    banadd mytsid=empty banreason=This\sserver\srequires\sa\sMYTS\sID
    You are banned permanently. Reason: "This server requires a MYTS ID"

Update: The client can also add such ban now.

A setting in GUI for this is not on our to do list.
    Last edited by dante696; September 5th, 2019 at 12:57 PM. Reason: upadted for client
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    You just need to download the latest server 3.5.0 and put a ban into the server via ServerQuery (not yet possible in client GUI).
    Code:
    banadd mytsid=empty banreason=This\sserver\srequires\sa\sMYTS\sID
    You are banned permanently. Reason: "This server requires a MYTS ID"

A setting in GUI for this is not on our to do list.
    I'm sorry to tell you that GUI is required.
    But anyway, for user "BANNED" will be missunderstood. You know how poeple can be sensitvie with such kind of stuff...

It HAS to be a connection rejected message with a link to MyTsId registration and since you made this possible with ban, should not be "that" hard...

Quote Originally Posted by Lix [PLS] View Post
    I'm sorry to tell you that GUI is required.
    But anyway, for user "BANNED" will be missunderstood. You know how poeple can be sensitvie with such kind of stuff...

It HAS to be a connection rejected message with a link to MyTsId registration and since you made this possible with ban, should not be "that" hard...
    Hmm yes, like that:
    (German Reply)
    Quote Originally Posted by SossenSystems View Post
    Richtig nice, das einer meiner Wünsche durchgeführt wurde.

Jedoch wären weitere Methoden Sinnvoll, wie z.B. eine Art von Modal (Pop-Up) wenn der Betreiber nicht nur User bannt sondern nur User mit myTS ID drauf lassen möchte, einige User wären verwirrt und total abgeschreckt bei einer Roten Ban Nachricht, die für alle ohne myTS ID gilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix [PLS] View Post

I have to agree with this, I remember when I had people come into my Teamspeak with the default "Teamspeak User" because they were lazy or wanted to change their name when in the server, were scared because they messaged me on steam asking me why they were banned.

Please rethink this Teamspeak team and edit it to something not revolving around "banned."

Thanks for this feature, but this has to be implemented better. This way isn't really acceptable. Smart users will understand what to do afte reading it, but not all are that smart. Rjecting clients needs a proper message and not a bandaid fix via the ban system

Hey Dante, why do you always mark topics 'already possible', 'resolved' if you don't read the topic and know what its about? Don't you need to pass this information to the devs? Or do you automatically pick what gets added and edited.

I'm tired of seeing good suggestions get ignored and as a company Teamspeak should pay more attention to their consumers who uses their product.

MyTeamSpeak registration require to join to a server.

In ts3 server add an option to enable / disable to join only who registered and logged in his own myteamspeak account.
    I think this would be great becouse many troll just use vpn or create new id but the myteamspeak account creation takes more time and they will be lazy to do this after every ban..
    Last edited by dante696; September 5th, 2019 at 12:54 PM. Reason: merged

Any update from the TS Dev team ? This realy is a required feature...

Thread Information