Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new NPL terms?!

new NPL terms?!

I hope this is a joke...

Edit by mod
    This isn't new. It's from ~2012
    My reply to your complain.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by dante696; November 27th, 2018 at 11:29 AM.

many servers offer free rooms, to encourage more activity on TS3 and not people go to Discord that is free, so it helps the TS3 community be bigger and like more people, if it were all free I would understand it, now I do not see it more sense than self-destruct, I do not understand anything ...

Where's that from?

Teamspeak support

I was always on Teamspeaks side but if I am getting this e-mail from the support I will completely switch to Discord. We have an Team with over 50k+ subscribers on youtube . We need public rooms. An member already switched to Discord(3000+ viewers on Twitch). I am currently talking with him to reject the partnership with Discord and to wait for TS5. But after this shit I will not be able to stop it.

I pray to god that this rule will get removed, and I don't even believe to god.
    This is wh0reshit, truly.

My teamspeak community is at the time very active and we have like 80-200 users weekly (random, newbies or well-known members) and since we've got that NPL license, we were not able to take any donations and alot of users wanted to support/donate us, now we don't have enough money for an annual activation license and our community may die, I can't let this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MCGamingDE View Post
    I hope this is a joke...
    So really, nothing changed about the NPL.. lol??

Quote Originally Posted by Dorde View Post
    I was always on Teamspeaks side but if I am getting this e-mail from the support I will completely switch to Discord. We have an Team with over 50k+ subscribers on youtube . We need public rooms. An member already switched to Discord(3000+ viewers on Twitch). I am currently talking with him to reject the partnership with Discord and to wait for TS5. But after this shit I will not be able to stop it.
    Discord partnership is hard to get, they don't give it to just anyone. You need 10k followers on Twitch. But even so it's not guaranteed.

Dante, why don't you pass along our frustrations to staff about the mess Teamspeak is making.. I can understand commercial activity not being accepted on a sponsorship license, but 'donations,' 'offering/free rooms' and 'sponsoring.'

The NPL license not esist anymore, now there are Sponsorship (but we need TS5 before).
    Where you have read this?

Quote Originally Posted by MCGamingDE View Post
    Teamspeak support
    Did they contact you?

Quote Originally Posted by WaspEma View Post
    The NPL license not esist anymore, now there are Sponsorship (but we need TS5 before).
    I own a GeForce 560 Ti that is no longer available either. However, it did not automatically transform itself into a GeForce 1060 for some reason I do not quite understand. Can you tell me?

Quote Originally Posted by AGamer View Post
    So really, nothing changed about the NPL.. lol??

Discord partnership is hard to get, they don't give it to just anyone. You need 10k followers on Twitch. But even so it's not guaranteed.

Dante, why don't you pass along our frustrations to staff about the mess Teamspeak is making.. I can understand commercial activity not being accepted on a sponsorship license, but 'donations,' 'offering/free rooms' and 'sponsoring.'
    Discord asked my friend for the partnership . He have over 240k followers. I told him to wait till TS5 to see what’s better.

Did they contact you?
    No it was a ticket on the sales support department.

The NPL license not exist anymore, now there are Sponsorship (but we need TS5 before).
    Where you have read this?
    NPL owners still have their licenses but maybe the will remove the license if it expires, except you will stick to this rule but this is more than stupid.

And then? getting an Annual Actication License? Who the f#ck is going to pay a hundreds of dollars to talk with peoples for playing a game?

I really don`t know what to write on this information...

If this is true, Teamspeak is dead.

Such a change will most likely render the majority of existing NPL Licenses useless...

Who will judge if Servers or channels are public?
    Do we need to set server or channel passwords so no one else except members can join?

I can not belive this. I`ll wait on a official statement on the Website.

Please Teamspeak do not kill your own community or supporters.

I give the like to TeamSpeak team for that changes. Finally NPL license is NPL license. Those changes are matched in 100% as it should be. Lots of people want to have a lot of slots for free. Also lots of people buy the gamer license so that was unfair to have NPL license for free just to increase public server slots. It goes to good way. Thumbs up. Keep that good work guys. Thanks for appreciate.

This isn't good at all, alot of peoples may lose their community and why didn't they set this rule up since the start of the NPL? Why do we have to pay for slots dude? does this makes sense? we just want to talk and that's it!

Why is discord free? why teamspeak not? we've already created an discord server for our community in the case of this problem, when they take our license away.

A public server, or offering free channels for users has nothing to do with a "Non-Profit" use.

Many Non Profit Organizations make money of donations or member fees.
    Many of them have payd employees who are working for the organisation.
    Non-Profit means that you can not have economic profit targets.

I think its charitable to host a Server for Teamspeak and that you maintain and update it so the users have a good experience and connection and trust in Teamspeak.
    Most of the NPL Owners are not having V-Servers for $5 but Root or at least KVM Servers costing hundreds of Dollars each year but can`t take donations to at least partly finance them. That is like $40 a month plus a great amount of time and work to keep the things going.
    Oh i forgot, apparently Twitch Streamers with many subscribers, sponsors, websites with merchandise and tons of donations each month making over $100k a year or even a month getting NPL Licenses; Giving Benefits for Donators and Subscribers on the TS Server?

Many of the NPL Owners did so much for the Community e.g. the YaTQA Developer (many thanks for this great Tool), other developers or big communities supporting Teamspeak for many years. With great Software, Plug-Ins and Interfaces, adding so much more to the TS Software itself that even big Teamspeak hosting companies use them.

The old NPL may had a Problem. 10 Virtual Servers, not IP Bound, Cracked Servers, NPL Owners rent Servers to people for money.
    That of course is not acceptable at all. And i think Teamspeak did a great step preventing this kind of behavior.
    But the latest requirements for the NPL (Website with user activity, no donations and now to not offer a public server - whatever that means. For me every Server is public unless it`s password protected) are just a joke and a big hit in the face for all long term Teamspeak Supporters.

The last decisions from Teamspeak were (imo) far from optimal. NPL, TS5 (Beta), Licensing, Communication in general, Licensing Server (Downtime Problems), etc. pp.

TS5 Beta got announced to be "nearly ready to launch" 4 Months ago. With TS5 to be released in Q4/2018.
    Only 1 Month left and not a single information. Nothing! Oh, wait, we got a new Logo...

A Company where different Departments (Technical Support, Developers, Sales, etc.) seem to not speak to each other at all.
    No one knows what the other is doing. Atleast that is my impression when reading on this forum, writing support mails or viewing the Website.

People at Teamspeak. If you want to kill the NPL. Just do it. You "promised" to keep it for existing owners, but with that restrictions you just make the NPL impossible for like 80% of the current users. The NPL owners that are fighting with their communities to not switch to Discord where everyhting is "free and better" giving so much to Teamspeak. They deserve better.

Please Teamspeak, you have a big Competitor, you are probably losing thousands of users each month at the moment.
    Think carefully before taking the next steps and decisions and how you are treating your loyal community.

Thread Information