Forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new NPL terms?!

100% agree with you!

People at Teamspeak. If you want to kill the NPL. Just do it. You "promised" to keep it for existing owners, but with that restrictions you just make the NPL impossible for like 80% of the current users. The NPL owners that are fighting with their communities to not switch to Discord where everyhting is "free and better" giving so much to Teamspeak. They deserve better.
    most important point is this.

Please Teamspeak, you have a big Competitor, you are probably losing thousands of users each month at the moment.
    Think carefully before taking the next steps and decisions and how you are treating your loyal community.
    and this.

I want to know who comes up with these stupid prerequisites on the Teamspeak team. They should be fired and the person approving of this as well. They are purposely destroying Teamspeak..

Simon Galbierz, the new teamspeak CEO (since jan. 2017 when Andreas B. was removed from their team)
    not sure about that but I think.

Quote Originally Posted by MCGamingDE View Post
    Why is discord free? why teamspeak not?
    That has been answered so many times. Discord is free for the same reason most stuff on the internet is free: Data and advertising. Combined with a freemium model. Like the Free2Play model. Basically Free2Talk.

Quote Originally Posted by boehseronkel View Post
    A public server, or offering free channels for users has nothing to do with a "Non-Profit" use.

Many Non Profit Organizations make money of donations or member fees.
    Many of them have payd employees who are working for the organisation.
    Non-Profit means that you can not have economic profit targets.

I think its charitable to host a Server for Teamspeak and that you maintain and update it so the users have a good experience and connection and trust in Teamspeak.
    Most of the NPL Owners are not having V-Servers for $5 but Root or at least KVM Servers costing hundreds of Dollars each year but can`t take donations to at least partly finance them. That is like $40 a month plus a great amount of time and work to keep the things going.
    I doubt every sentence in that quote.
    If you spend a lot more than necessary for your TeamSpeak hosting, so much that you ask for donations, you can't blame that on TeamSpeak. How should they know if an NPL user is making profit or not? (German law uses the term "Liebhaberei" for the latter, there's no equivalent in countries other than Portugal I guess.)

Oh i forgot, apparently Twitch Streamers with many subscribers, sponsors, websites with merchandise and tons of donations each month making over $100k a year or even a month getting NPL Licenses; Giving Benefits for Donators and Subscribers on the TS Server?
    I find that confusing as well.

Many of the NPL Owners did so much for the Community e.g. the YaTQA Developer (many thanks for this great Tool), other developers or big communities supporting Teamspeak for many years. With great Software, Plug-Ins and Interfaces, adding so much more to the TS Software itself that even big Teamspeak hosting companies use them.
    Though that's not too many.

The old NPL may had a Problem. 10 Virtual Servers, not IP Bound, Cracked Servers, NPL Owners rent Servers to people for money.
    That of course is not acceptable at all. And i think Teamspeak did a great step preventing this kind of behavior.
    You sound like some propaganda from the 80s:
    Name:  Home Hosting.png
Views: 416
Size:  26.4 KB
    Attached Files Attached Files

many of us here bet on TeamSpeak and convince our community not to go to Discord, but only see problems and a TS5 that never arrives

What?

If you are hosting a 512 slot community server you will need guaranteed bandwith of at least 100 Mbit/s,
    a stable server, good connection quality, good (technical) server support and server availability.

That is not possible with a $5 V-Server.

I am not saying, with an NPL you should be allowed to take donations, but all NPL Users should be treated equaly.

If i sound like 80s propaganda, okay, then so`ll be it...
    That is just my personal opinion on the topic.

PS: @numma_cway you are the YaTQA dev? If so, i would like to thank you very much for your work and this great tool. I used it for hours and hours so far. I might not share your opinion on the topic above, but you are doing great work for the Teamspeak community. I think it should be in your own interest, that the NPL stays as it is.
    Last edited by boehseronkel; November 25th, 2018 at 03:06 PM.

What?

If you are hosting a 512 slot community server you will need guaranteed bandwith of at least 100 Mbit/s,
    a stable server, good connection quality, good (technical) server support and server availability.

That is not possible with a $5 V-Server.
    I cannot confirm that. I currently rent three testing servers. Performance-wise, every vServer out there will run TeamSpeak. 128 MB RAM is more than enough for a NPL server, even if it's full. CPU and RAM usage is neglegible.
    Some years ago, I ran a server with 250 concurrent users on a machine for 2.40 euros a month, resulting in roughly 10 to 15 Mbit/s. I considered hosting the entire YaTQA infrastructure (NPL-licensed TeamSpeak server for testing, and the main website) on a 1.19 one, because I was sure that would work, but I was too lazy.
    I also have a server for 2.50 a month that has a stable 3.5 Gbit/s down and 800 Mbit/s up and is used for testing YaTQA on linux, support and machine are really fast. Updating TeamSpeak doesn't even display a progress bar in wget on that machine and visiting speedtest.net crashes Firefox because it's too fast.

PS: @numma_cway you are the YaTQA dev? If so, i would like to thank you very much for your work and this great tool. I used it for hours and hours so far. I might not share your opinion on the topic above, but you are doing great work for the Teamspeak community.[/QUOTE]You're welcome.
    I think it should be in your own interest, that the NPL stays as it is.
    I do want the NPL to stay as it is.

Thumbs down

Dear Teamspeak Team,
    you know this program called Discord ????????
    Hmm i think not realy ....
    You just work on your "license system" size ... years ?
    other then get your product ready for the Users !

Discord >
    Januar 2016 3 Millionen Users
    Juli 2016 11 Millionen Users
    Dezember 2016 25 Millionen Users

Mai 2017 45 Millionen Users
    Dezember 2017 87 Millionen Users

Mai 2018 130 Millionen Users

source : https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discord_(Software)

They do know discord but they want money.
    I mean, it's okay to make money but on this way? please.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Money? All the TS3 reseller give money for the license... we need to do an aggressive attack to Discord 👌

Quote Originally Posted by WaspEma View Post
    Money? All the TS3 reseller give money for the license... we need to do an aggressive attack to Discord 
    Sorry to disappoint you, but if they give away everything for free, they don't make money. That's how economy works.

I think a fair pricing Model would be 50 or 64 Slots for free (to compete with Discord etc.) and above the current 50% Black Friday rates:

128 Slots - $50
    256 Slots - $87.50
    512 Slots - $150
    1024 Slots - $250

I mean, it`s only the license, no hosting fees included.

Maybe they should differentiate between cheaper personal / private (no support) and more expensive commercial licenses (support for professional use).

But i am not Teamspeak, they should know best what rates they take and whats best for their software...

Nothing is free on the internet, either you pay with money or with your personal data, which to me, is personal = private.
    I don`t want software like discord to collect, analyze and utilize everything i am doing on my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by MCGamingDE View Post
    I hope this is a joke...
    No it's not and our support just gave you a reminder, because you violated the agreement.
    Optional your license also could have been revoked.

What you complain about isn't a new term.
    In ~2012 we changed that term already after hosts started to sell or sponsor and/or got donations for their servers. This had to stop and so we made this decisions. We had such discussions after the change in forum already.

Such requests for a "public server" were rejected in the past already.
    As you can see in this FAQ article (this article wasn't touched for some years).
    https://support.teamspeakusa.com/ind...icle/View/319/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just wanted to clarify this complain.
    While i read all the other posts (repeated in other old threads already) i have to tell that I can not say anything to the prices, slots or decision made about the license.
    This is still a topic for our sales department.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thanks, and my license still didn't get revoked because I just asked them.
    With "public server" I mean yeah, it is public because we do search members for our gaming clans and only members of this clan are able to join these channels but there's no server password.

However lets wait for that sponsorship license

So yeah, what's "public", dante?
    • Web list? So you could run a script that blacklists every NPL-licensed server on the web list that is not password protected and maybe allows channel creation?
    • Linked publicly on a website? So you could basically blacklist every NPL-licensed server added to TS3Index.com.

Thread Information