Forum

Time banning a specific username

Hello there!

So I've read a few threads about the possibility to ban a specific username with a regular expression.

There are always a lot of people connecting to my server with the nick: 'TeamSpeakUser'. I clearly know, that I could add the regular expression 'TeamSpeakUser.*' to the ban list. This would ban the user permanently with a custum message.

My idea was to give that user a time ban with the message to please change their name to something else.

So I added 'TeamSpeakUser.*' as a regular expression with 30 seconds time ban and a message.

The issue I now face is that the ban, of course, expires within this 30 seconds.

Is there a way to do this? I don't want to permaban those guys, but I also don't want to tell them every time.

Thanks a lot!

You need a tool for this (i don't know any).

But I think what you plan to do is nearly the same thing as a permanent ban and not really worth the effort.
    The only difference here is the user could join the server and gets banned then for it.

Why don't you set a permanent ban with a message telling the user to change his nickname?
    This way the user gets informed and you do not need to do more then setting up one ban.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

dante is right, (already) being banned and getting banned looks (and sounds) pretty much the same, with the only difference being the server tree showing up for a glimpse of an eye.

Thanks for your answers!

If I ban that user name with a regular expression, doesn't that mean the user itself will never be able anymore to join the server, or does it just mean, he can join, but just not with this specific username?

Thanks in advance!

The user can change his name and join again if only a nickname is banned.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Which I achieve with regular expression? I think I misunderstood this, and this might actually be the easy solution. Thank you, Dante!

Quote Originally Posted by elevenfourteen View Post
    Which I achieve with regular expression?
    Exactly. The mentioned one in post #1 should do the work for default names.
    Last edited by dante696; January 11th, 2019 at 04:00 PM.

Thread Information