Forum

Expand existing "C O S Q V" default Icon Pack to include other Letters

Suggestion: expand the existing "C O S Q V" default Icon Pack to include other letters and numbers (i.e. a-z 0-9).

The primary benefit would be relevant icons can be aligned to server groups, so the "Apples" Server Group could be aligned to their own "A" icon and they could be better aligned to channels.

For example, if I had 2 server groups called "Apples" and "Pears" and there was a particular channel that only "Apples" can enter due to Channel Permissions, then I could have the "A" icon aligned to it so that members of the "Pears" group would have the visual clue before they try and enter the room that it's unlikely to allow them in.

Naturally they would be stopped from entering the channel and will get the usual power permissions error in server chat, but it would be much nicer, in my view, to use the soft power of careful channel design to let people know what they can do before they try it.

The default group icons are pretty much just that: a default for people who don't customize their servers so all of the default groups (Channel Admin, Operator, Server Admin, Query Client, Voice) can have an icon without the server owner explicitly configuring an icon.

It doesn't make sense to bundle a ton of icons which are simply not needed because they are never used in a default setup. People who are going for customization are expected to create their own icons. Going with your example, I'd rather expect actual fruit icons rather than generic letters.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHost View Post
    It doesn't make sense to bundle a ton of icons which are simply not needed because they are never used in a default setup.
    Appreciate that you may not use them, however I and perhaps others who like the default icon-set would welcome the option to pick-and-choose from an expanded selection.

Thread Information