Forum

TeamSpeak 3 Client Hang ( delete default caputure profile)

Hello,

I have experience this issue for quite some time and have finally decided to post a thread regarding this issue.

When I try to rename the default capture profile my TeamSpeak 3 client hangs and does not respond/recover.

This has been happening on all versions of TeamSpeak 3 that I have used.

Operating System: Windows 10 (x64) (Version: 1809 | OS Build: 17763.253)
    TeamSpeak 3 Client: (Architecture: 64bit | Version: 3.2.3)
    Last edited by Lumzhei; January 28th, 2019 at 11:55 PM.

Could not reproduce this here.

Can you show us the log output from client?
    Are you connected to one or multiple server?
    On how many servers tabs is that capture profile active?
    What happens when you rename another one?
    What capture device/headset is in use on that profile?

Since your are the user who reported it first i have one last question
    Is the access for your microphone granted for TeamSpeak in your Windows?
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Hi Dante,

Apologises for the delayed reply.

I have been trying to reproduce this issue as it is quite particular but I now found another issue which has 'bricked' my client.

I created a new capture profile called "Push To Talk" and another one called "Voice Activation Detection". I then delete the "Default" capture profile, this then clears all my capture profiles. I click the "Design" tab then back the "Capture" tab, the client then crashes. I reopen the client and rename the "Default" capture profile to "Push to Talk" then delete the "Push To Talk", identified by the text in bold. The client then deletes all capture profiles and now cannot create anymore, leaving the client unable to connect to any server, rendering the client effectively useless until settings.db is cleared.

I can't seem to reproduce the first issue of the client hanging when renaming capture profiles but I believe it happened when I was in two servers at once with the capture profile active on both servers.

Hopefully you will be able reproduce using the steps I listed above. I also would like to note that the same steps also happen on the "Playback" tab as well.

I can reproduce the crash the way. Thank you for that.
    I will forward this to our developers.

But still could not reproduce the other issue
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Glad you were able to reproduce the crash and are able to forward it to the developers.

Below is a working list of steps for the issue you were unable to reproduce.

Client Crash Steps:

- Open Options and navigate to the Capture tab.
    - Create a new capture profile.
    - Rename the "Default" (bold text) capture profile to anything.
    - Delete the renamed default bold text profile using the "X" at the bottom left of the Options window.
    - Client deletes all capture profiles
    - Click into another tab (Design for example) then back into the Capture tab.
    > Client crashes
    > Once the client is restarted the user can no longer create capture profiles nor can the user join a server, effectively rendering the client useless. Until "C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\set tings.db" is deleted/reset.

Note: Only possible to delete the default (bold text) profile with the "X" at the bottom left of the Options window. Must have been thought out by the developers when right clicking the capture profile as the options is not listed on the context menu compared with a user created capture profile but not the "X" button/function.

Note: The same steps can be followed for the same result on the Playback tab but does not appear to crash the client when switching tabs.

Possible solution: Disable deletion of default (bold text) profile by the "X" button/function when highlighted/selected.

Ok that's the thing for the crash (all of that is what we are able to reproduce) but not for the freeze when renaming.

P.S. the profiles aren't deleted. On next restart and then server connect you have them again.

Thread Information