Forum

teamspeak-3.2.3 fails with Qt-5.12

On gentoo, we're already upgrading to Qt-3.2.3. When I try to start Teamspeak, I get the following error:

Code:
    $ ts3client 
    /opt/teamspeak3-client/ts3client: relocation error: /opt/teamspeak3-client/ts3client: symbol calloc version Qt_5 not defined in file libQt5WebEngineCore.so.5 with link time reference
    The bug page for the arch package says this is a problem with "upstream," so I'm posting it here.

TeamSpeak uses Qt 5.6.2, any other version may fail due to changes in the API. The TeamSpeak client includes the required Qt libraries and you're supposed to use those rather than system provided ones.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Right, so how do I invoke the client to use its own Qt libraries instead of the system ones? Simply doing
    Code:
    /opt/teamspeak3-client/ts3client-bin
    doesn't work.

Cheers,

EE

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    TeamSpeak uses Qt 5.6.2, any other version may fail due to changes in the API. The TeamSpeak client includes the required Qt libraries and you're supposed to use those rather than system provided ones.
    Are there any plans to recompile ts3client for newer Qt versions? Currently, it works up to 5.11.x.

Also, when I look through the files belonging to teamspeak, the only Qt anything I see are the following:

Code:
    /opt/teamspeak3-client/QtWebEngineProcess -> ../../usr/lib64/qt5/libexec/QtWebEngineProcess
    and
    Code:
    /opt/teamspeak3-client/resources/qtwebengine_resources.pak
    /opt/teamspeak3-client/resources/qtwebengine_resources_100p.pak
    /opt/teamspeak3-client/resources/qtwebengine_resources_200p.pak
    So the file /opt/teamspeak3-client/QtWebEngineProcess is linking to my system Qt. Is this in error? How do I invoke the client to use its own Qt?

Thread Information