Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Discord is here with lots of new things since at least 2 years and when i go and watch CSGO majors every year i find them using teamspeak. I am wondering how those big clans can sit on teamspeak while you are spending hours on suing and crushing teamspeak. End of my line mate I don't wanna explain anything to you when you have already decided your opinion about everything.

I just hope TS5 has worth everything to challenge discord so it can be a big blow to discord and you which in turn stops u from creating toxic topics on forums of other VOIP softwares where u do not want to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by floprott View Post
    First of, it's not exactly the same. Also most parts of it were already seen somewhere before. And overall this in an inspiration in design, you can't compare that to blank lying (Spam Free, Military Grade Encryption)

Where's the problem having partners? That's a win:win situation, compared to lying in marketing, which is only a win for the company.

Not I think that. It's manipulation for a fact. They are telling wrong facts and ignoring important facts.
    > First of, it's not exactly the same. Also most parts of it were already seen somewhere before.

No, it's not the same but in your clear opinion it's okay because it's DISCORD.

Marketing people with sponsorships that are undisclosed? NOPE, THAT'S FINE.

- I DSAGREE WITH WHAT THEY SAY, IT MUST BE THEIR ATTEMPT AT MANIPULATION.

Just go away already, we get it. You don't like TeamSpeak, we do and honestly I don't think anyone gives a damn about your opinion on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by floprott View Post
    -> "SDK Available"
    The clientside SDK seems not to be that good considering the small amount of good plugins for it. Anyway, you're comparing it to discords API, so I think it's correct to conclude that you also want to compare your server bot/query api to discords. Discord has an advanced, easy to use restapi which is based on protocol standards and is available in literally every programming language. And what do you have? A terrible serverapi with a proprietary protocol over an unencrypted telnet connection. It's support is not good and working with it is neither. Also you can't even create an own server because the entire protocol is proprietary. Even tho discord does not offer custom servers you could still mod discord and create one, because they are also using a rest api for their normal application. Therefore I think it is an impudence to write "Only API" if it's literally a thousand times better than yours. I'd write "Only proprietary SDK" or even better, just leave the point out.
    I think you really do not understand that TS means by SDK. They have an sdk so that developers of game or other programs can integrate the features of TS into the clients and servers of their own apps. I'm sure there are fees and NDA agreements to do so. To me it sounds like you are confusing TS's SDK with the Plugin API or even the server query protocols.

On the spam point, I think you are looking too much at the spam form other users. In discord I can't can't connect without them discord store spamming me. I'll admit, TS has spammed some too (Overwolf), not not to extend I've seen in Discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    On the spam point, I think you are looking too much at the spam form other users. In discord I can't can't connect without them discord store spamming me. I'll admit, TS has spammed some too (Overwolf), not not to extend I've seen in Discord.
    Can you show me some of that "spam"? I'm really curious, because I open Discord daily (even multiple times) and never have any popups/notifications/"Discord PR messages"/etc. besides the patchnotes, which are only there every few days/weeks.

It's funny how people support and bash Teamspeak and Discord, because it's completely irrelevant. Complaining about the marketing tricks of Teamspeak is like the despised "your spelling is wrong" posts in a forum as last resort if you are out of arguments.

Relevant is how the crowd behaves, and if you observe the crowd, you will see that the crowd is in the process of moving from Teamspeak to Discord. It moves slowly, but it moves. It moves since quite a few years. The crowd is dumb, deaf and blind, but it moves. You cannot hold it back, it's like water leaking through your fingers.

Gaming has become a big industrial sector in the last 5-10 years. It grew tenfold. So did the demand of voip between gamers. But did Teamspeak grow according to the growth of the gaming industry? In the last years? Did the userbase grow as much as gaming became more popular? No, it shrank instead. At the same time, Discord grew tenfold and more.

From these facts, I would say, in the past, Teamspeak did something wrong, and Discord did something right with their products. Discord delivers a product people want to use, and Teamspeak delivers a product people don't want to use any more. I don't speak of single people who might have valid arguments against Discord, I speak of the crowd. Look what the crowd did and what it is doing at the moment.

I doubt, that an upcoming Teamspeak 5 will be the product the crowd wants to use more than Discord, because the momentum of moving is against Teamspeak. It has to deliver a line of growing features that makes the crowd stop moving over the next years, and it has to deliver even more to reverse the direction and make the people moving back.

But the company that creates Teamspeak is too small to accomplish this. It doesn't have the manpower to catch up with Discord. Additionally, it is at disadvantage, because it doesn't even use state of the art development tools. Teamspeak is C, essentially a better assembler. Discord is Javascript and huge evolving libraries and frameworks around it. 95% of Discord doesn't need to be created by the Discord developers, because it is already there - it's the web browser and all the implemented html5 multimedia standards. That's more than one software development generation ahead. Teamspeak needs one hour to add a new input field to their client and connect it to some logic. For a Discord-style app, you just click a new input field. A fancy input field.
    Last edited by Schlumpi; February 5th, 2019 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    Can you show me some of that "spam"? I'm really curious, because I open Discord daily (even multiple times) and never have any popups/notifications/"Discord PR messages"/etc. besides the patchnotes, which are only there every few days/weeks.
    Recently, since the store was added, on start up it wants to occasionally tell me about new programs in the store. I don't have Discord for buying apps, but yet at a quick glance I've not found an option to completely disable the store all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    Recently, since the store was added, on start up it wants to occasionally tell me about new programs in the store. I don't have Discord for buying apps, but yet at a quick glance I've not found an option to completely disable the store all together.
    Do you mean this activity feed? https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en...e-Activity-Tab
    Otherwise I don't know what else you could mean. At least you can disable the store + Game tab under the setting in the "Appearance" category. Down at the Bottom.

Else I only every get the changelogs as popup/news. These look like this: Name:  979yuswe85bz.png
Views: 217
Size:  171.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    They should change their own status on encryption to "optional (voice) / never (file transfer)". For many ATHPs, this feature is even paid.

If TeamSpeak wants to emphasize privacy, they could just make it so that their privacy policy is "We neither save your data nor embed any external elements.". That's the privacy policy of YaTQA.
    If they really focus on privacy they should remove the blacklist check. AFAIR teamspeak (the company) knows when and to which server you connect to. Or is it a list you download prior to connecting?

Hahaha this is so funny, who in their right mind would believe all that garbage about the comparisons with other voice companies
    cracks me up...

Unhappy Some thoughts of mine

So I finally decided to share some of my thoughts on TS5 "marketing" and some other stuff as well. I know a lot of you think that TeamSpeak has delayed the release of new client as we were expecting it Q4 2018, then there was supposed to be a micro site etc etc. I kindly disagree and I stand by to what I said earlier, to me those "announcements" were not official, meaning they were said here and there but nothing solid, we were lucky enough to get 1 or 2 staff members post some details here on the forums with what they thought was the case but nothing showed up and the community was upset. For me an official announcement is something you see when you open a homepage and you are struck with big exact release date, or in a e-mail (I remember Q4 was mentioned by "Tim" but still), not somewhere deep in the forums in one of the topics. I'm one of those who wait patiently and I never complained or anything in fact I defended TS on several occasions.

Now let's move to the part that really hurts. I used TeamSpeak 2 since 2009 (might be even longer but that's how far I traced it) I have participated in TeamSpeak 3 public beta, I've obtained a NPL around 2011 and I use it till this day, this is also the time when I started my community that is still active. I'm a TeamSpeak early adopter, signed up for TS5 beta as soon as it was available, I've created some tools for my users who can manage their private channels and ranks via website without admins intervening, I've created and published an addon for ts3 I also purchased a license for my other project I was running. I took part in the latest server beta program and left some feedback. To be honest I can count those "achievements" for days and I will immodestly say that there are literally a handful long lasting, loyal and involved users like me therefore it boggles my mind why I haven't received a beta key, yet 100 random people out of the thousand (or probably tens of thousand) got their access.

I'm not throwing any meat or anything. I'm just really disappointed with how all this works. Being loyal and somewhat involved is not rewarded in any way. I wonder how many people like me are there.

Thread Information