Forum

Thread: Upgrade issues

Upgrade issues

Hi all.

I'm trying to upgrade from 3.0.10.2 (was trying 3.5.1 initially) but have run into various problems over the past couple of months while attempting this.

Firstly, is it possible to upgrade straight from that version to 3.5/3.6 or will I need an interim step?

Yes, it should be possible to upgrade straight to 3.5.
    If you have issues, please describe them better than "I have issues".

Yes it is possible and should not make any problems.
    Please upgrade to latest server 3.6.1 and not to an outdated version!

Make a backup of listed files in FAQ (and of the TS server database in mySQL / MariaDB) in case you want to try it first.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Wanted to make sure that I can do the upgrade straight there before typing rest out in case that was part of the problem...

I'm running the server with a MySQL database currently. The process I followed was:

- Stopped the server
    - copied the database to a new database (teamspeak3_maria)
    - ran the 'convert_mysql_to_mariadb.sql' script on the new database (no issues)
    - ran the 'mariadb_fix_latin_utf8.sql' script on the new database (no issues)
    - uploaded the 3.5.1 files to the server ensuring overwrite**
    - updated 'ts3db_mysql.ini' with new database name and user and renamed to 'ts3db_mariadb.ini'
    - updated 'ts3server.ini' with mariadb details
    - copied 'libmariadb.so.2' to the TS root directory (also tried renaming this 'libmariadb.so')
    - started server

**I've also moved tried with moving all files to an '_old' directory and only having the new files uploaded along with 'ts3db_mariadb.ini' and 'ts3server.ini' and had the same issue.

On screen, I get this message:

Code:
    command 'pwd'
    failed with return code 0 and error message

ts3server has crashed. A crashdump has been generated at "/home/modsim-ts/crashdumps/ts3server_3_6_1_linux_amd64_6d9d-9db2-9c33-e5d8.dmp".
    From the logs:

Code:
    2019-02-07 15:23:54.186351|INFO    |DatabaseQuery |   |dbPlugin name:    MariaDB plugin, version 3, (c)TeamSpeak Systems GmbH
    2019-02-07 15:23:54.186423|INFO    |DatabaseQuery |   |dbPlugin version: 2
    2019-02-07 15:23:54.187680|ERROR   |DatabaseQuery |   |Could not connect to mariadb server: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
    2019-02-07 15:23:54.187772|CRITICAL|ServerLibPriv |   |Server() unable to initialize database
    I've uploaded a database connection check script with the details taken from 'ts3db_mariadb.ini' and it connects correctly and shows all tables in the database without issue. I've also checked with the host and they confirm that this database is running on MariaDB.

MariaDB Server is not running or IP/Doamin is wrong or Socket is not given in your ini file.
    https://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/...mariadb-server
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Apologies for the late reply...

Looking at the server in phpMyAdmin, it's showing as running on MariaDB:

Name:  Screenshot 2019-02-24 20.53.21_LI.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  675.5 KB

Strangely enough, when I look at the old database (which is currently running the TS instance), it has exactly the same Database server information which tallies with what I'm being told by the host about it running on MariaDB already...

Sorry for the bump but after being away for a few months with work and unable to retry until now...

I'm still having the same issue - above screenshot shows Maria DB IS running. Any help appreciated...

Disappointed to see no further help with this...

Quote Originally Posted by Trevster View Post
    Disappointed to see no further help with this...
    Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    MariaDB Server is not running or IP/Doamin is wrong or Socket is not given in your ini file.
    https://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/...mariadb-server
    Pretty much stated everything. Unless you don't post contents of your ts3dbmaria.ini or further infos, I have no idea how to help you, despite being a fortune teller.

Thread Information