Forum

Keyboard issues in bookmarks menu

Attempting to use keyboard only to open a few servers, but not working as I think it should.

When in the bookmarks menu I can right click on a line and get a submenu popup with "Connect", "Connect in new tab" and "Edit". When I press the Application button on the keyboard, nothing. Would be normal, more or less a standard, to have the Application button function the same as if the user right clicked on the selected control.

I also tried selecting and using "CTRL+Enter" to open a bookmark in a new tab, I can "CTRL+Left_Click" to do it, but that too fails to work as it should, the server just opens in the current tab.

System is Windows 10 x64 with TS3 Client 3.2.3 (10/2/2018 03:57:10)

Currently not a bug. Per default "connect" is used.

You need to select the action in the context menu which opens with a right-click (or normally with shift + F10).
    But such function like pressing shift + F10 does not exist for these context menu.

A way to connect in new tab with keyboard only is more complicated.
    CTRL + B -> Down / Up keys -> SHIFT + 10 -> Down keys -> Enter.

Moved out of bug section
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Currently not a bug. Per default "connect" is used.

You need to select the action in the context menu which opens with a right-click (or normally with shift + F10).
    But such function like pressing shift + F10 does not exist for these context menu.

A way to connect in new tab with keyboard only is more complicated.
    CTRL + B -> Down / Up keys -> SHIFT + 10 -> Down keys -> Enter.

Moved out of bug section
    Think you meant "ALT + B -> Down / Up keys -> SHIFT + F10 -> Down keys -> Enter". But that is still not working, nothing happens with I press SHIFT+F10. I think SHIFT + F10 is just a shortcut for keyboards without the Application key. If I have a channel or user in the channel tree selected both the Application key and the SHIFT+F10 combination work the same as right clicking on the control, as I would expect.

I have come up with a work around using the hotkey's connect in new tab option. I use the ALT+B,[First letter of bookmark name (May need Enter if more than one server starts with same character)] to open the first server and in the hotkey profile used by that server tab I then press the hotkeys to open the next two tabs. I still think there should be a keyboard only way without needing to create hotkeys.
    Last edited by Screech; February 21st, 2019 at 03:28 PM. Reason: workaround found

No i meant CTRL + B to open the bookmark manager as a workaround. There you can open a context menu with SHIFT + F10.

Sure hotkeys to open selected servers for a new tab also works.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    No i meant CTRL + B to open the bookmark manager as a workaround. There you can open a context menu with SHIFT + F10.

Sure hotkeys to open selected servers for a new tab also works.
    OK. Didn't make it clear that the goal was to use the Bookmarks Manager window, I was still thinking the goal was to use the bookmarks menu and that you were saying using SHIFT+F10 would work there. In the bookmark manager the Application key can be used in place of SHIFT+10. No point in advising the use of SHIFT+F10 when Application does the exact same thing with half the key strokes.

Thread Information