Forum

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

[Discussion] TeamSpeak Server 3.7.x

This thread can be used to leave feedback or discuss about server 3.7.0 release.
    The full details about that version can be found in our release thread.
    Last edited by dante696; March 19th, 2019 at 01:55 PM. Reason: updated url
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Funkioniert alles wunderbar / working all fine.

Gru / greeting

Killer0561 (Sascha)

If I'm on holiday and don't test a TeamSpeak server...
    - "instanceinfo" returns permission version 22. This is incorrect. 3.6.0 had version 22 already, but 3.7.0 is different. However, either 3.3.0 was version 21, so 3.5.0 must have been either 21 or 22 while having another set of permissions... Or do you not count permission sets with removed permissions?
    - Changes in the permissions are incomplete in the changelog. The codec speex and CELT permissions were removed: b_channel_create_modify_with_codec_speex8, b_channel_create_modify_with_codec_speex16, b_channel_create_modify_with_codec_speex32, b_channel_create_modify_with_codec_celtmono48
    - i_channel_create_modify_with_codec_latency_factor_ min refers to a setting that is not available for opus channels. So this permission exists, even though no compatible codec does.

use debian 7, vps that takes by default, has EGLIBC 2.13-38 + deb7u12) I find little info or error to update, can you help?

@numma
    - We haven't touched the permission version. But we may have should done that.
    Update: We have 2 update mechanisms and this time we did use another one as before. That one does not raise the permission version. Next time we add, remove or rename permissions we will raise the version.

But please do not use the permission version for anything. That one is only for internal use.

- We summed it up with the first removed entry. For future we will add such details again.

Guess both points are helpful for tool devs.

- not sure if that is the case. But as long the codecs still can be used on old channels we better leave that one permission in the server.

@skorpe
    What are you asking here? I don't get it.
    The server should run as before.

The next one requires you to ensure that glibc 2.17 or newer is available.
    I can tell that eglibc was discontinued in 2014 and debian 8 should have at least glibc 2.19.
    But please use the internet search function for more details.
    Last edited by dante696; March 20th, 2019 at 08:32 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

I was afraid, note that debian 7 only has stable up to 2.13, for superior it is necessary to update debian 8 min, all update of repositories of debian 7 are obseletas, maybe it will be a requirement to take into account minimum debian 8

2.13 is newer than the required 2.12.
    So 3.7.0 should start like 3.6.1 did.

I refer to the future you are requesting 2.17

Same here when i wrote
    Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    ..... debian 8 should have at least glibc 2.19.
    But please use the internet search function for more details.
    It means you / your host need to update the operation system at least to debian 8.
    But you better use Debian 9 instead using an older system again.

I am unable to download latest 3.7.0 server version, once I click "Download" I get redirected and I get "THANK YOU FOR DOWNLOADING TEAMSPEAK" but the download does not start. In fact it's not just the server but nothing can be downloaded. Site error perhaps?

//edit

direct link does work, just the "download script" does not.
    Last edited by Fubister; March 20th, 2019 at 08:00 AM. Reason: update

All links worked fine here. Try another browser or download the server from here. Ps. that's the same download location.

You are right, it's not working on Opera (always did work) but other browsers like chrome have no problem.

Hi there,

we use on our server almost the Celt codec on our high-quality channels.
    We test all codecs severel years ago. On this test the Celt codec on highes bitrate delivers the best sound quality.
    Opus was a lot worse than that. But how I already said. It was years ago. I hope the codecs has been improved over this time.
    I really like that TeamSpeak provides a better soundquality than skype or discord. Thats on of my stronges arguments to move people from skype/discord to Teamspeak.
    If the soundquality drops now, this could be a little bit difficult and will be a pitty.

What is your actuall recommendation to deliver best possible sound quality?

Best regards and thank you for your efforts.
    David

When Opus was added we also compared and tested the difference and for us always Opus voice was better than Speex and Opus music was better than the Celt coded. But that's our opinion and some user may feel/hear different on that.

In the past we did suggest to use Speex in channels where user talk. Celt (in our opinion) wasn't a good choice when this channel wasn't for music.
    With current codecs Opus voice with Quality 10 is the best choice in our opinion if quality for a conversation is important.

Hi dante,

Ok, than we will test Opus Voice on 10.
    We don't have any music or bots in our channels. We just need the best possible conversation quality.

But in my opinion there is still room for improvement regarding the sound quality.

Best regards & thank you for your efforts.
    David

Thread Information