Forum

Update server with 1 button

Hello,
    I have an awesome Idea I am sure a lot of people would appreciate. I really don't know what you are trying to ship with the (probably) coming TS5, but it would be awesome if the upcoming servers and the client together had the ability to update themselves via a button press only an admin can do. I mean one could create a simple script to download, extract and move it, while having all the important files remain where they are needed to be, but I think that feature would be quite awesome.

kind regards, long time user (tho not of this website nor forum)

~Yunarito
    Last edited by dante696; March 27th, 2019 at 02:53 PM. Reason: renamed threadtitle. just update had no content

TeamSpeak 5 is the name of a client for the TeamSpeak 3 protocol. There is no "TeamSpeak 5 server" and the TeamSpeak 3 server will not add anything for administration just because there's TeamSpeak 5 now. I personally think (I do not know of course) that admins are not even supposed to use TeamSpeak 5 at all.

So yeah, I guess that you will have to continue to spend your 30 seconds every two or three months on updating.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    TeamSpeak 5 is the name of a client for the TeamSpeak 3 protocol. There is no "TeamSpeak 5 server" and the TeamSpeak 3 server will not add anything for administration just because there's TeamSpeak 5 now. I personally think (I do not know of course) that admins are not even supposed to use TeamSpeak 5 at all.

So yeah, I guess that you will have to continue to spend your 30 seconds every two or three months on updating.
    I never said there is going to be a "Temapeak 5 Server" , just called them the "upcoming" servers. I have been spending time looking at teamspeak 5 information since december 2018, so yeah I do know that. It's just something they could add in my opinion, just a simple suggestions, to make life just a little easier

Thread Information