Forum

I have a problem banning [IPv6]

Hello Dear Dante696

Problem with IPv6 Banning ticket ID: #OTK-608-53244 in 3.7.1 server version.

I have a problem banning IPv6

Did read it (can not reply there).

In my opinion the brackets in there make no sense when you put them around the IPv6 when no port was added.
    [IPv6]:port << in that combination you would use the brackets when you use it for connections but not in our bans.

When you add a regular expression like [123456] then the server searches for only one number in that position.
    When you use (123456) instead the server will only search for 123456 in that combination.

But in your case none of these need to be used.
    Last edited by dante696; March 29th, 2019 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Edit... had to replace words my tablet did change ...
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Did read it (can not reply there).

In my opinion the brackets in there make no sense when you put them around the IPv6 when no port was added.
    [IPv6]ort << in that combination you would use the brackets when you use it for connections but not in our bans.

When you add a regular expression like [123456] then the server searches for only one number in that position.
    When you use (123456) instead the server will only search for 123456 in that combination.

But in your case none of these need to be used.
    Hello,

But server return value IPv6 in the brackets, so it should be option to ban IPv6 with the brackets right?
    IPv6 - the ban will work
    [IPv6] - the ban will not work because like you wrote it doesn't make sense because there is not port, okay.

So my question is that, why server return value "[IPv6]" without port for client IP with the brackets? like you wrote it should return value without brackets right, why it did not?

ex. connection_client_ip: '[2001:67c:2044:3123::1002]'

Quote Originally Posted by hunterpl View Post
    But server return value IPv6 in the brackets
    For a connected client?
    Never saw this without brackets because the user always had a port he used for his connection.

In your video the the client also had brackets and a port.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

The client return of course with port in GUI but i talk about Query interface and return value connection_client_ip: '[IPv6]'

We created the script which detect people who use not official Teamspeak 3 client but it is modified, if example see version like modified: 0.0.1 then ban him on the server and only ban his address IP in the ban list, for IPv4 works well, but there is problem with IPv6 because server return client IPv6 in the brackets, so the script grab the IPv6 in the brackets and try add into ban list, but ban list does not ban this record because it is in the brackets, i think now is clearly explained and show there issue for server side not for our script.

Looks like a bug to me. Or possibly a desired behavior because the port is filtered.

Will discuss that on monday.

Looks like a bug to me. Or possibly a desired behavior because the port is filtered.

Will discuss that on monday.
    This is what i'm talking about, have a nice weekend.

Just to be sure that we mean the same:

How the ipv6 is returned on clientinfo looks like a bug to me.
    The ban with the brackets itself behaves like I expect it from a regular expression.

Just to be sure that we mean the same:

How the ipv6 is returned on clientinfo looks like a bug to me.
    The ban with the brackets itself behaves like I expect it from a regular expression.
    This is what i mean too. Thank you.

For a connected client?
    Never saw this without brackets because the user always had a port he used for his connection.

In your video the the client also had brackets and a port.
    Query interface return ip in brackets. I think it should't be return like that because we need to trim this value before use for example in bancreation. Name:  report.png
Views: 102
Size:  173.3 KB

Under evaluation: We remove the brackets from Query's IP listing. But it could be that this will break the connection info from TS3 client.

@ elipef
    We reserve to use the brackets for regular expressions and to split IP from Port.

Upcoming server 3.8.0 will show client's IPv6 without brackets in ServerQuery and Clients will still see them in client information for the port.

Thread Information