Forum

Create own contact categorys

Hello, I got a small suggestion for the "Contact" feature.

I was looking a few days ago for any function to create own categorys of contacts.
    There are the 3 default ones which are Blocked, Buddy, and a normal user.

It would be better if you can create other groups for you locally, as example "GTA 5 DEV", "GTA 5 MOD" or whatever.
    Then you can set the voice when they join/leave etc trough a text 2 speech program to "GTA 5 DEV joined your channel" etc.

That would be better to know who joined and leaved your channel if you have too many buddys etc.

Quote Originally Posted by [oXe]Schlange View Post
    Hello, I got a small suggestion for the "Contact" feature.

I was looking a few days ago for any function to create own categorys of contacts.
    There are the 3 default ones which are Blocked, Buddy, and a normal user.

It would be better if you can create other groups for you locally, as example "GTA 5 DEV", "GTA 5 MOD" or whatever.
    Then you can set the voice when they join/leave etc trough a text 2 speech program to "GTA 5 DEV joined your channel" etc.

That would be better to know who joined and leaved your channel if you have too many buddys etc.
    I understand and while it not posible right now, you could update the Custom Nickname in the contacts to the group name you want and set the display setting to "Custom name and nickname". (Just noticed they don't use the name nomenclature for that: "Custom Nickname" where you define it and "Custom name" where you set the Display option.) While not exactly what you are asking for it works for the most part.

Example say you have "Pat" as a friend, if you set Pat's Custom Nickname to "GTA 5 DEV" and set the display as mentioned above that user will show up in the channel tree as "[GTA 5 DEV] Pat".

Or you can set the custom nickname to "[GTA 5 DEV] Pat" and chose to show only custom name if that is what you want to see, or only nick name if you what that tag only in the contacts list.

Also, for the user joined/left channel set the phonetic nickname of the user to what you want to hear.

Thread Information