Forum

Identity bug TeamSpeak 3/5

Hello,

I thank the team for the work done on the new client.

But I want to report a problem of identity during my visit and my friends on TS5 had no problem, we found our favorites and our permission.

But when we decided to go back to the TS3 client, we had a bad surprise, our identities changed. I noticed that new identities were created without authorization.

So we lost our server permissions, fixed the problem by selecting our default identity in the options

I think you already know this problem but I prefer to report it to you

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WMAcNz3.png 
Views:	80 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	18504
    Check inside your TS3 under identities and local identities (2) if you have your old ones there. To see local (2) and synced (3) identities at the same time you need to switch to expert view (1). Itīs also recommended to always backup your identities somewhere like with the recovery key of your TeamSpeak account.

I will re-explain, we all had an account with a unique identity. We went on the new client and when we came back on the old client, a new identity is automatically created. This is a bug, the bug only occurs on the first MyTeamSpeak connection of the Ts5 client.

In my community, 5 people received their code and we had the same problem

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.PNG 
Views:	49 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	18505

Oh shit! That sounds bad! Make sure to tell the people you know and are about to join are 100% sure they have a backup of their identities and all their stuff is synced inside ts3 before their first login to ts5.

Sync issue

i have ts3 on my pc and i bought the mobile app, sync is turned on on both devices yet i lost all my ranks/tags on the server i visit daily. and today i got a beta code and the same thing happened on ts5, where i have all my badges and everything is fine with my account until i connect to the before mentioned server. and i know its not a server issue because i have friends on that server that also have the mobile app and ts5. does anyone experience this??if so do you know a solution??
    Last edited by dante696; November 13th, 2019 at 12:00 PM. Reason: merged

Quote Originally Posted by D0mm4S View Post
    Oh shit! That sounds bad! Make sure to tell the people you know and are about to join are 100% sure they have a backup of their identities and all their stuff is synced inside ts3 before their first login to ts5.
    No need for that. There is only a new identity added to your account and that one is set as default.
    So now all bookmarks with Default identity set will now use that one.

Nothing is lost is no backup needed. Only a temp fix to select the old one as default again.
    We will fix that.
    Last edited by dante696; November 13th, 2019 at 08:02 PM. Reason: typo
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Oh good to know!

Thread Information