Forum

"Device" profile/ toggle

Perhaps I missed it, or someone has discovered a relatively simple means to do this...

I have a normal headset for when I'm generally using the computer with the ordinary monitor, and I have my VR headset with built-in microphone. When I switch, I have to switch the devices. I don't use "default device" because I normally play the game through my computer speakers, but use the headset for voice. The VR headset needs "all the things". It would be nifty if I had "F9" or something to tell TeamSpeak to switch to the Rift. Would anyone else have a way to deal with this?
    Last edited by dante696; April 12th, 2019 at 11:09 AM. Reason: moved to client section

Create a second Playback & recording profile and in the new profile you set the VR Headset as the Playback/Capture device and in the old profile you set the other desired device.

Then you create a new hotkey and set Playback / Capture Profile -> Toggle .... or use activate profile and set the F9 key to this action.
    Possibly you need a second hotkey to switch back to the other profile.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Just saying: Don't be confused like I was after reading dante's answer the first time.
    If you only use 2 profiles you really can use the "Toggle" option. You need only one key to switch between those 2 profiles. A - imo - problem you get with 3 or more profiles if you should be in need to switch just instantly without counting or guessing in which profile you are currently. Here you should bind a profile hard to one key or keycombination - which is really better since you will in a lot of games and also while working run into issues with only one key used for profile switching - but this is a taste again and depends on what you do.

And to just give you the hint if you should not know it already: You need to activate the advanced options in the hotkey add window to get the profile change options.

Thread Information