Forum

[PreRelease] TeamSpeak 3 Server 3.8.0 Beta

Good evening.
    We released the beta version for upcoming server version 3.8.0.

I keep my list short this time. The changelog should speak for itself

• We increased the maximum size for chats for upcoming clients.
    • The server now requires client Badges to be signed. This feature needs a client update to see badges from other clients again.
      We plan to release an update before the server beta ends. But at the moment we can not give you a release date for this.
    • Temporary passwords are now saved in the database and will load on server start.
    • We fixed the annoying error that got printed in the client log
    • And one last time:
      On Linux this server requires that at least glibc 2.17 is available on the system.

Here is the full change log
    Code:
    === Server Release 3.8.0 20 May 2019

Important: This release requires GNU C library (glibc) 2.17 or later on Linux. If 
               you need to check which version of glibc is installed on your system, you 
               can use `ldd --version`, which usually comes with any glibc installation.
    Important: Client badge information is now signed to prevent using fake data. Badges 
               in the old format will not be visible on this server. New clients with support 
               for signed badges will be available soon.

Added: The query command `banlist` now supports optional pagination parameters. 
           Please refer to the ServerQuery documentation for details.
    Added: Temporary passwords are now stored in the database and will be loaded on start.
    Added: New command line parameters 'daemon' and 'pid_file'. This makes it possible
           to start the server as a daemon.
    Added: Channel properties and permissions to support channel banners.
           This feature requires TeamSpeak Client version 5.

Changed: The startscript restart parameter now allows to use more than one parameter.
    Changed: New server logs are no longer created with a BOM.
    Changed: Server / channel icons will not display as negative values anymore when 
             requested in ServerQuery.
    Changed: ServerQuery commands `clientlist -ip` and `clientinfo` won't display brackets around 
             IPv6 addresses of clients anymore.
    Changed: Max size of text messages has been increased to improve usability for upcoming
             client releases.

Fixed: In some rare case the server did crash when shutting down a virtual server.
    Fixed: The startscript restart parameter could not be used when ran outside 
           the server directory.
    Fixed: Server did report the ability to create channels to the weblist in cases where 
           a client could not create any channel.
    Fixed: No more 'Error querying client connection info: 1796' messages in the client log.

Here you can download the beta server

Docker users can build the server with command
    Code:
    docker build "docker build "https://github.com/TeamSpeak-Systems/teamspeak-linux-docker-images.git#:alpine" --build-arg TEAMSPEAK_CHECKSUM=45a3029330f1b6a4fd3bb2e034a7a43ad1d302b80f2ff0a6c533f7a89ba07fa0 --build-arg TEAMSPEAK_URL=https://files.teamspeak-services.com/pre_releases/server/3.8.0-beta2/teamspeak3-server_linux_alpine-3.8.0-beta2.tar.bz2 --tag teamspeak:latest --tag teamspeak:3.8 --tag teamspeak:3.8.0-beta2
    Please let us know if there are "release related" questions, suggestions in your mind or if have problems with this version.
    Here you can leave your feedback and discuss about the release.
    Last edited by dante696; May 14th, 2019 at 12:24 PM. Reason: updated changelog and url for beta 2
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

We released the second beta for TeamSpeak Server 3.8.0.
    The latest download links / docker command and changelog can be found in post #1.

This version brings some new fixes and a new feature.

Here is a small list with all the changes since beta 1.
    • The server process should not hang any longer. Any feedback is welcome!
    • We added a new channel banner feature for the upcoming TeamSpeak Client version 5.
      This feature adds 2 new permissions (b_channel_create_with_banner, b_channel_modify_banner)
      and 2 channel properties (channel_banner_gfx_url, channel_banner_mode={0|1|2}).
    • We fixed that temporary passwords could not be added when you did update your server from an older version to 3.8.0.
    • We fixed a bug where server could crash when server had temporary password stored.
    • In the ts3server_startscript.sh we replaced ADDITIONAL_COMMANDLINE_PARAMETERS with COMMANDLINE_PARAMETERS.
    Last edited by dante696; May 14th, 2019 at 02:45 PM. Reason: updated channel banner mode part -> valid values are 0 -2
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Today we have an announcement to make.
    We decided to delay the release of the TeamSpeak Server 3.8.0 for at least one week.
    This delay also counts for the TeamSpeak 3 Client version 3.3.0.

Why are we doing this?
    We had several reports (beginning with version 3.7.0) that the server process did hang and no new connections to the server could be made with clients or ServerQuery. And we had a report that the server had more packet loss and more timeouts than the version before 3.7.0.

We did not collect enough feedback yet and want to ensure we solved these problems.

We need your help!
    We want to get these issues solved and need feedback before we release v. 3.8.0 as a stable version. The version has more drastic changes and we want to ensure that everything is working and as we expect.

You are unsure to use this beta?
    We suggest to make a backup of your server database and when something isn't going right then you can use this backup.

We are here to help you. When something isn't going well report it in the Discussion thread or as a ticket when your are host with a paid license or in a private message when private data you don't want to share are included.

Thread Information