Forum

Give whole Server group channel permission?

Please tell me it will be possible to give certain server groups specific channel permissions. Only having the option to assign permissions on client channel level is not enough :/
    Last edited by dante696; May 19th, 2019 at 01:28 AM. Reason: moved out of release thread. has nothing to do with server release

Having a server group with server wide permissions BUT not in all channels makes no sense.
    You can do that with channel groups already and just have to reduce your server group permissions.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Having a server group with server wide permissions BUT not in all channels makes no sense.
    You can do that with channel groups already and just have to reduce your server group permissions.
    Of course this makes sense. If I have a group called "VIPs" and some channels called "VIP Channels" and I want to give every member join power to join the "VIP Channels" I could just give the server group "VIP" join power for those channels. Right now all I can do is add every single member to a channel group for every single channel which is annonying af. In discord this is already possible.

You can do that already. Give your server group a join power of 51 as an example and set a needed join power of 51 into the channel without the need of a channel group.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

If I have group A with a set of channels and group B with a set of channels and I dont want to have people in group A joining B channels and vice versa. How can I do that without channel groups? All I can do is give A permission for A and B and B only for B channels.

This topic is NOT resolved as you didnt understand my request.

You do explained as above or you must use at least one channel group (you don't need two).
    https://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/...one-group-only

I understood what you want and why you want it. But as said before in our opinion it makes no sense and there is more than 1 way to get there already.
    Yes topic should be not possible.......

That's why I wrote this into feature requests ...
    It is not possible at the moment and I need it in TeamSpeak 5.

It wasn't an own thread. It was a post in the server release thread.
    I moved it out there into the permission section and I'm telling you the options you have.
    Last edited by dante696; May 19th, 2019 at 09:06 AM. Reason: to many options in one sentence

Could you move it into feature requests for Ts5?

Thread Information