Forum

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 134
  1. #91
    Join Date
    October 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Ondra3211 View Post
    My client crashed.
    You're using a lot of plugins... some of them are malicious. Try disabling them until they've been updated to the current dependencies.

    *** UPDATE ***
    I guess updating the minimum plugin API version on our end might be a good idea in this case to prevent outdated or incompatible plugins from causing crashes. But anyway... you're the users and maybe even plugin authors. What do you think?

    If we raise the plugin API version, we'll obviously make some other improvements to make it worth the change and not just a version bump.
    Last edited by ScP; June 9th, 2019 at 01:22 PM.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    September 2005
    Location
    Germany / Dortmund
    Posts
    1,376
    Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    If we raise the plugin API version, we'll obviously make some other improvements to make it worth the change and not just a version bump.
    +1 from here

  3. #93
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    6
    In Windows Settings in Programs and Features at TeamSpeak it always shows the version that TeamSpeak was installed with first. For me it shows there version 3.1.6 even if I have 3.3.0 Beta installed. I can also reproduce that at other PCs.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    October 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,528
    Quote Originally Posted by fredisz View Post
    In Windows Settings in Programs and Features at TeamSpeak it always shows the version that TeamSpeak was installed with first. For me it shows there version 3.1.6 even if I have 3.3.0 Beta installed. I can also reproduce that at other PCs.
    When your client is patched using the auto-updater, the client version stored in the Windows registry is not being updated. That's not perfect, but does not affect the functionality in any way. So don't worry!


  5. #95
    Join Date
    January 2015
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    You're using a lot of plugins... some of them are malicious. Try disabling them until they've been updated to the current dependencies.

    *** UPDATE ***
    I guess updating the minimum plugin API version on our end might be a good idea in this case to prevent outdated or incompatible plugins from causing crashes. But anyway... you're the users and maybe even plugin authors. What do you think?

    If we raise the plugin API version, we'll obviously make some other improvements to make it worth the change and not just a version bump.
    +1 from me

  6. #96
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    43
    10 Jun 2019 and still no stable release

  7. #97
    Join Date
    September 2016
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by KIDINK^ View Post
    still crashing on closure
    My client is still crashing on closure too.
    I tried to disable all plugins, but it didn't help.

    Is there any info about a fix?

  8. #98
    Join Date
    September 2016
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by KIDINK^ View Post
    the crash was related to external plugin (chatlog viewer)
    The trouble is, I can't even seem to remove that plugin from my settings tab, because when I try to uninstall it it all crashes anyway.

    @ScP you should make it so that the plugins can be removed even (ESPECIALLY) when they cause a crash, because otherwise you're leaving it up to the plugin developer to sort it out.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    January 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantoflarz View Post
    The trouble is, I can't even seem to remove that plugin from my settings tab, because when I try to uninstall it it all crashes anyway.

    @ScP you should make it so that the plugins can be removed even (ESPECIALLY) when they cause a crash, because otherwise you're leaving it up to the plugin developer to sort it out.
    have u tried to delete it manually from the folder?

  10. #100
    Join Date
    September 2016
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by Senpai_Mizu View Post
    have u tried to delete it manually from the folder?
    Yes, but again, thats not really a proper fix, these things should be accessible and working from the client, especially for the less able users

  11. #101
    Join Date
    October 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,528
    We've decided to postpone the stable release of version 3.3.0 for at least one week. Our dev team will use this time to further investigate the issues you were reporting and hopefully fix them. In addition, we've raised the plugin API version to 23 to prevent client crashes caused by outdated plugins. Like I promised, this is not just a stupid version bump... there are quite a few improvements to the plugin API this time. If you look at the changelog closely, you might even find another highly requested feature, that made it into the client.

    A new beta build is in the CI oven and will be available later today. I've already updated the changelog in the announcement thread:

    https://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/139989

    Looking forward to your feedback!



    Quote Originally Posted by Pantoflarz View Post
    @ScP you should make it so that the plugins can be removed even (ESPECIALLY) when they cause a crash, because otherwise you're leaving it up to the plugin developer to sort it out.
    There's a command-line switch (-safemode) to start with all plugins disabled. Let me know if that helps.
    Last edited by ScP; June 11th, 2019 at 06:29 PM.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    March 2018
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    We've decided to postpone the stable release of version 3.3.0 for at least one week. Our dev team will use this time to further investigate the issues you were reporting and hopefully fix them. In addition, we've raised the plugin API version to 23 to prevent client crashes caused by outdated plugins. Like I promised, this is not just a stupid version bump... there are quite a few improvements to the plugin API this time. If you look at the changelog closely, you might even find another highly requested feature, that made it into the client.

    A new beta build is in the CI oven and will be available later today. I've already updated the changelog in the announcement thread:

    https://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/139989

    Looking forward to your feedback!

    Multi-select clients, myTSid ban
    Uhm, look pretty good

  13. #103
    Join Date
    February 2014
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    We've decided to postpone the stable release of version 3.3.0 for at least one week. Our dev team will use this time to further investigate the issues you were reporting and hopefully fix them. In addition, we've raised the plugin API version to 23 to prevent client crashes caused by outdated plugins. Like I promised, this is not just a stupid version bump... there are quite a few improvements to the plugin API this time. If you look at the changelog closely, you might even find another highly requested feature, that made it into the client.

    A new beta build is in the CI oven and will be available later today. I've already updated the changelog in the announcement thread:

    https://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/139989

    Looking forward to your feedback!



    There's a command-line switch (-safemode) to start with all plugins disabled. Let me know if that helps.

    Glad to see you're taking your time and using it to add more features, multi-selecting clients will make life so much easier!

  14. #104
    Join Date
    October 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,528
    The new beta build is available now. We're in the process of updating our on plugins to API version 23 and they'll be available on the myTeamSpeak site later today. If you're a plugin athor and want to do the same, the SDK can be found here:

    https://files.teamspeak-services.com...sdk_api_23.zip

    I'll let you know once API version 23 has been added to the myTeamSpeak API and make sure your plugin updates get reviewed and approved asap once you upload them.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    September 2016
    Posts
    76
    This is slightly out of topic with the above, but still.

    Would it be possible for the client to have an option to send the query command channelInfo? e.g. so that we can access things like channel_description etc. just like we can do with the query?

    Thanks

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.2.3 Beta
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: October 9th, 2018, 12:16 PM
  2. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.2.0 Beta
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: August 13th, 2018, 09:30 AM
  3. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.1.7 Beta
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: December 13th, 2017, 09:00 PM
  4. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.1.6 Beta
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: August 16th, 2017, 01:43 PM
  5. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.1 [BETA]
    By KIDINK^ in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 249
    Last Post: January 10th, 2017, 04:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •