Forum

STOP Overwriting My Settings Files During Updates!

EVERY time this program sends a new update, my voice settings files get overwritten and then Teamspeak starts "talking" about every little thing going on in the server. "This person joined this channel on this server" "This person switched to that channel on this server" "blah blah blah blah blah..."

Every time I allow an update to this program, I have to go find and replace the voice settings file with a backup copy I keep just for this very purpose. But why?

This has been going on for YEARS! When will Teamspeak Systems ever learn to leave personally adjusted settings files alone???

Quote Originally Posted by djMot View Post
    Every time I allow an update to this program, I have to go find and replace the voice settings file with a backup copy I keep just for this very purpose. But why? ?
    Because you modified the files we deliver and every time you do this the updater does recognize the file to be different as it should be.
    So the updater does fix the for him broken file.

What you want is possible but you must add your own setting/sound pack in the folder where your configuration is stored (%appdata%\TS3client).
    Copy the desired sound pack to %appdata%\TS3Client\sound and the updater will not touch that one.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Or you disable sounds you do not want to hear in Tools -> Options -> Notifications, which is the intended way to disable sounds you don't want to hear and will of course survive updates.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Thread Information