Forum

Disable update notification

hi com,

i am searching for an application based possibility to disable automatic updates - could anybody please tell me where or how i can do this?

backgroud: we are using teamspeak exclusively inside an intranet as a software-based intercom+soundsystem in a multi-room, multi-computer (and of course multi-user ;o) environment. the teamspeak system is hidden to the user as well as possible, so that they only have to push a wall-mounted pushbutton in order to speak freely into the room (works via a connected usb mouse-pcb and "presses" the button nr. 4 or 5 for push-to-talk). in this scenario it is unprofessional to let the user do the update, because nobody has a clue what teamspeak is and what the update is for. in addition: the users do not want to (and are not asked to do) update something but rather use it. updating the application is the job of the admin.

i have tried to solve the case by making an entry to the windows firewall (winXP) which isolates the application file to the LAN, but this seems not to work. deleting the gateway information at every computer might work but disables also browsing the internet...

if there is no application based possibility to disable the automatism and also no intention to do this, any information how to get rid of the update dialogue would be appreciated.

many thanks in advance!
    regards,
    richard

I am unaware of any legit / supported way to disable the Update Check itself or to suppress the Update Notification Popup.

The update message and the feature, to search every 24 hours can not get deactivated. These settings are hardcorded.

edit
    This won't be changed.
    Last edited by dante696; November 25th, 2013 at 08:42 PM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

ok, thanks for the information! maybe one day the coders of ts3 will implement an appropriate toggle switch...

regards,
    richard

Disable update notification

Is there a way to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Leonelf View Post
    Is there a way to do this?
    Read this thread, specially Dante696's answer:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...ghlight=update
    Last edited by dante696; November 25th, 2013 at 08:42 PM. Reason: sry i had to edit my post.

Unhappy diable update requestor

Anyone got a clue on how to disable the update requester on the windows client?

I cant find it and it should be a pretty basic thing to find. Is it possible?
    I just cant see the option so I guess its a start-up parameter I use on the icon? :-?

Any help would be great here because I must use a version that supports the plug in I use
    and I dont really care about over wolf one bit.

and thanks for a great program devs.
    Last edited by dante696; May 27th, 2014 at 07:13 AM. Reason: merged

Thanks for the reply

Do the updates break plug ins often?

Would be nice if some abstraction layer could be used to avoid plug ins breaking this way no
    one would care if a basic feature was not included and then everyone would be using the
    latest version all the time.

That link didnt work

*edit* never mind just figured out that the they guy who posted that thread is the guy saying its not possible.

Updates that change the API, need to not load older plugins because they would prevent the client from running and as such are not loaded. If the author doesn't update their plugin(s) then there's nothing we can do about that.

These kind of updates are not frequent, but they will happen from time to time.

The API was last changed (prior to the update in March 2014) in October 2012, so that's about 1.5 years in between.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

No way to turn update notification?

Seriously, have you made it so that there is no way of turning off the update teamspeak notification, when you start the program?

My TS, works just fine, I don't want to update, I don't want to reinstall, I just want things left just the way they are and just run the program without constantly getting p****d off.

And please, slap the muppet that ever thought that was a good idea, repeatedly, until he fully understand the error of his way.
    Last edited by dante696; February 18th, 2017 at 07:47 PM. Reason: merged

Disable update notification pop-up

Looking for a solution to this problem I stumbled more than once upon this old thread from 2012 where dante696 responded:

The update message and the feature, to search every 24 hours can not get deactivated. These settings are hardcorded.
    Furthermore, 17 months later he edited that post to add:

edit
    This won't be changed.

This update pop-up prevents me shift-rightclicking to the drop-down menu, from which I can move the TS window, if it's on a screen that is shut-down. Sometimes W10 even confounds which screen TS was on, and so I have to turn on two screens temporarely just to be able to look at my teamspeak client, like I'm some troglodyte. But of course there is a good reason, as chris stated:

Updates that change the API, need to not load older plugins because they would prevent the client from running and as such are not loaded. If the author doesn't update their plugin(s) then there's nothing we can do about that.

These kind of updates are not frequent, but they will happen from time to time.

The API was last changed (prior to the update in March 2014) in October 2012, so that's about 1.5 years in between.
    Yeah no these updates are totally uncommon, like 3 in 2019 so far and 11 in 2018.

Now, I understand that you guys need to keep a foot inside the doorstep, just in case you know... to be able to add in monetization schemes, or simply strip features that have been in the software since the early 2000's, or whatever, should you decide to do so one day. No need to venture in the deeper implications of modern software design, we all know what I'm hinting at; I assume this thread will be deleted shortly. So here is a thought: why don't y'all go have a traumatic lonely death? I mean the software will be totally fine without further maintenance, it does what it has been doing for like 20 years, it's not like anybody needs you anymore.
    Last edited by dante696; July 3rd, 2019 at 06:59 AM. Reason: merged. as stated this won't be changed.

Thread Information