Forum

Server Query Joined Server Without Permission

I own my own Teamspeak server from home. Someone joined as a ServerQuery (Guest[Temp] i think). I have not given anyone server query logins and only my friends have admin and they don't even know how to login as server query. I was unable to ban the person and they joined for a bit before i shut down the server. When i started the server back up they were still on it but left a minute after. I'm not really sure what to do.

The Guest Query doesn't use any login data. He only needs permission b_virtualserver_select to connect to your server.
    And anyone who knows the IP and Port for the ServerQuery can use that one.

Close or change the port or turn off RAW and use SSH instead (see server change log for more details) and only users with a login can login.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    The Guest Query doesn't use any login data. He only needs permission b_virtualserver_select to connect to your server.
    And anyone who knows the IP and Port for the ServerQuery can use that one.

Close or change the port or turn off RAW and use SSH instead (see server change log for more details) and only users with a login can login.
    How much permission does the Guest Query get? Are they able to ban anyone etc.? Can you also tell or link me how to turn off RAW and enable SSH, I have looked through the server files and can't seem to find any settings file.

Per default the Query Guest don't have any permissions that can harm anything or anyone one the server.

To enable SSH only start the server with parameter query_protocols=ssh and connect then use port 10022 to connect instead of 10011.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information