Forum

Teamspeak3 client with Ryzen 3000 CPUs

I've noticed that several applications are causing extremely high idle voltage usage with the new Ryzen 3000 series CPUs.

When I fresh boot to Windows with no applications open other than CPU-Z, idle CPU voltage is between 0.8v-1.0v. Launching TS3 causes a large voltage spike to ~1.45v on all cores, which are constantly boosting to high frequencies. The voltage sits at this value for the whole duration

Quote Originally Posted by Roosta View Post
    I've noticed that several applications are causing extremely high idle voltage usage with the new Ryzen 3000 series CPUs.

When I fresh boot to Windows with no applications open other than CPU-Z, idle CPU voltage is between 0.8v-1.0v. Launching TS3 causes a large voltage spike to ~1.45v on all cores, which are constantly boosting to high frequencies. The voltage sits at this value for the whole duration

Given that these CPUs are very new I would personally wait for updated Windows and AMD drivers before making such conclusion. Especially make sure you are running Windows 1903 where these CPUs should be the best supported. Clocks are managed by drivers, which as I said are probably not exactly fully ironed out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by skill1917 View Post
    Given that these CPUs are very new I would personally wait for updated Windows and AMD drivers before making such conclusion. Especially make sure you are running Windows 1903 where these CPUs should be the best supported. Clocks are managed by drivers, which as I said are probably not exactly fully ironed out yet.
    I confirm this issue on my fresh 3900x install. Teamspeak cause high voltage stuck (around 1.48) but it's not the only software to do that (Corsair Icue for example...).

Hope a quick fix cause i really often use TS3.

I have found the same problem on my 3600.
    Opened another thread before I found this one.
    https://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/...s-rift-headset

As I initially thought it was due to TS and rift I have done some tests with other soundcards/headphones and the problem still occurs. So it’s definatly something with TS and AMD.

Have you tried the latest chipset drivers by AMD?
    At the time of this writing that‘s 1.8.19.0915.

Quote Originally Posted by thorwe View Post
    Have you tried the latest chipset drivers by AMD?
    At the time of this writing that‘s 1.8.19.0915.
    Yes, I'm on the these exact drivers.
    I have found that the issue starts as subtile load, and then increases until TS starts to chop the sound.
    In VR the first thing that starts is the FPS drops, and then it just becomes worse.
    Just like there is memory leak.

If possible, I can join a test session so you can find what is causing this.
    Attached DX diag
    Attached Files Attached Files

We don't see this as bug in TS3 or anything we can help to solve this.

Please wait for AMD's Bios update which is planned for Sept 10th. There are related topics on the internet and AMD is working on it.
    Example: https://twitter.com/AMDRyzen/status/1168901636162539536
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Not sure how this can help as the problems only occurs when using TS.
    Sure,it will improve the boost, but I have pinned my OC to 4.2 on all cores and it is stabile.
    If the fix does not work, what then?

Thread Information