Forum

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fubister View Post
    I know you mentioned that server will be pretty much untouched, but I was wondering if we can count for a server to run on ARM CPU's in the future?
    AFAIK they are planning to develop future Teamspeak Server versions for more platforms like ARM,
    as stated in some older posts from the TS5 or Server discussion thread.

Quote Originally Posted by AGamer View Post
    What do you think in terms of Teamspeak doing away with numerical notations, ex: TS"3" TS"5", and just call the product Teamspeak for the final release, nothing else is needed. I'm not talking about version numbers, just the whole TeamSpeak 2,3,5... Many people are confused by this and it would certainly make it easier for users on the whole server/client as well as a marketing perspective.
    Yes, we've thought about that...

Name:  icons.png
Views: 1885
Size:  140.8 KB

... that's not the final icon obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by AGamer View Post
    Similar to the TeamSpeak 3 beta where it was 2 years until fully released and features ceased to be implemented. Will this happen with TeamSpeak 5 as well? Has TeamSpeak changed its way of doing things and vowed that when TeamSpeak 5 is fully released that it will still be honored with features and changes wanted by users, which hasn't happened with TS3?
    The TS5 beta won't last for 2 years and we'll continue to add new features even when we've reached a stable release.

You said that TS3 and TS5 will use the same server software, so does it mean that people can be connected to the same channels even if they use the different versions ? If so how will the global chats be handled by TS3 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Asthannoln View Post
    You said that TS3 and TS5 will use the same server software, so does it mean that people can be connected to the same channels even if they use the different versions ? If so how will the global chats be handled by TS3 ?
    all TS5 features will not exist on TS3, TS3 will surely not have the global chat, only the new client will be able to recover their data.

My Personal Feedback and Questions

Hello,

I have been using TS for years, self hosted on a linux server, and would like to make the following recommendations for TS5.

In terms of technicality, please take the following into consideration:
    - Easy deployments via APT (most probably package manager for linux users)
    - CLI Interface improvements
    - Docker image available
    - Persistent storage available VIA encryption
    - File System organization for Bots (i.e. bots will be stored in TSServer/Bots/AudioBot)
    - Database flexibility(compatible with Cassandra, mongo, etc...)
    - CLI Based client would be cool if it doesnt exist as well

Now for my personal opinions on the front end:
    - From the solved twitter puzzle, it is clear that it is either a photo rendition or just a bad design. I personally hate the web based approach that discord takes but it does look pretty on all resolutions. Even though you did a qt based front end for TS3, I believe you can still make a beautiful front end with-ought the use of web design. Or in other words, if your developers are capable of more than html puzzle solving... lol.
    - Hot swapable audio codecs (some sort of drop down menu in a corner?)
    - Multiple server split-screen capabilities (i.e. being able to open two chats from two different servers at the same time). Discord lacks this feature and it would definitely be cool.
    - Do NOT make the TS overlay optional in the installer. Instead, either make it a separate product or make it integrated into the actual software. Some people consider it essential, and some people consider it bloatware so you should follow suite.

Now for my questions:
    - Is there any plans for making TS5 integrated into unity or unreal game development. I can see multiple indie developers integrating TS5 as their voice comms backbone just by importing the library... would be cool IMO (and something discord does not do!)?
    - Will TS5 include VOIP integration for games such as Tarkov?
    - Can I become a alpha/beta tester? (I had to try lol)

What happened to the "TS5 discussion continues" Thread?

Why is the original "TS5 discussion continues..." Thread completely gone?

There were some good questions and answers...

Or was it moved to another topic... i can`t find it

The original thread creator deleted it... I have restored it now.

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    Good News, Thank you

Damn Forum, won`t let me give you another reputation...

It appears to be gone again. I wish it could just stick around because it had valuable answers for people that are eager for TS5.

Guy probably deleted it again.

Yes, he did. I've merged the posts into this thread now...

When will you release the beta?

Please read at least some of the replies.

We have a release date in mind, but we don't want to make the Q4 2018 mistake again... We'll announce a release date when we're 100% sure we're ready for beta.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by thundercats View Post
    Not good enough specially after the Q2018 fail you need to come clean with the release date...
    Myeah, not going to happen. They'll announce a release date when they picked one they can this time be 100% sure off instead of making the mistake of saying Q4 2018. You saying 'Not good enough....you need to come clean' will not change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by thundercats View Post
    Not good enough specially after the Q2018 fail you need to come clean with the release date...
    They have "When it's ready"

Please consider proper software development cycles. Iterative Design, User Testing and Acceptance. There's still a lot of work to be done.

The only thing they can reliably tell is, if they really can is what they are currently focusing on, as it may help gauge how much work there is left to do. But I do not expect any of this.

It's not like they are not actively working on it, we've seen otherwise, it's just very important to get it right the first time. A failed launch of teamspeak 5 would have a serious consequence within the market

Thread Information