Forum

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I have a feeling there is no ready when it’s ready they are just going to keep working on it as much as possible until Gamescom and make some kind of party release there, for me it’s such a bad idea they can’t afford another month of losing people to the competition so I really hope this isn’t the case.

Can you at least release some more images? Puzzles? Anything would be nice st this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    I have a feeling there is no ready when it’s ready they are just going to keep working on it as much as possible until Gamescom and make some kind of party release there, for me it’s such a bad idea they can’t afford another month of losing people to the competition so I really hope this isn’t the case.

Can you at least release some more images? Puzzles? Anything would be nice st this point.
    Yep agreed, a few good pics would be nice. I can't even remember what u released back in February lol. Almost 6 months of emptiness now.

Will the API be easier to use/more accessable? So that itīs probably easier to develop and connect bots to TS3?

Quote Originally Posted by viper. View Post
    I would like to suggest you to make new mobile app free.. i bought the ts3 but many users didnt want to do that.
    Because you know discord got free app for that .

Also maybe consider going in some partnership with Steam if possible ..that should boost popularity of ts much more.
    I agree they really need to make it free in order to compete with discord even if they have to make a free version with a deluxe upgrade or something but discord will use it against them that theirs is free and continue to crush them.

Also they should talk to steam, when you have a ts.address.com link to your TeamSpeak it creates a link, in which on steam opens it to nowhere and ppl get confused when recruiting, they should really have it so if they don’t have it installed it takes them to the download and if install connects them.

ToDo List some ideas to make UX a lot easier

Quote Originally Posted by viper. View Post
    I would like to suggest you to make new mobile app free.. i bought the ts3 but many users didnt want to do that.
    Because you know discord got free app for that .
    Maybe they should. I personally didnīt care that the app cost some money because I use TS daily and love it AND it is still cheaper than getting a scoop of ice cream. Literally everyone runs around with an expensive phone so 1,19€(21.07.2019) shouldnīt even be a thing. E.g. the public transportation where I live has a large banner in all their buses saying "We increased the fee for driving without a ticket to 60€. Nice expensive and new smartphone but no money for a ticket.".

Now my ideas:

• add channels to your recently introduced multiselect
      • easy to change specific settings of the selected channels that you canīt set for the default channel settings for newly created channels
        • using ONLY the client without the need to change things via e.g. query

• server banner file on the server EDIT: totally forgot about all the internal links! :)
      • if we get the full modern chat that shouldnīt be a problem :)
      • makes it a lot easier when changing the banner a lot

• add drag&drop functionality to channelid internal links
    • add default codec quality option like the default encryption option (maybe this is more a server idea :D)
    • permission system
      • ability to copy & paste permissions (multiselect)
        • e.g copy some permissions of one group to another if you just want to add them to the existing ones without adding them by hand individually
        • includes the option to delete multiple permissions aswell

I have more ideas but unfortunately I forgot them at the time of writing this post.
    Last edited by D0mm4S; July 22nd, 2019 at 01:11 PM. Reason: internal links

Quote Originally Posted by mindo View Post
    Will the API be easier to use/more accessable? So that itīs probably easier to develop and connect bots to TS3?

I believe there was a post saying they are using a REST api in the future, which is nice

Quote Originally Posted by D0mm4S View Post
    Maybe they should. I personally didnīt care that the app cost some money because I use TS daily and love it AND it is still cheaper than getting a scoop of ice cream. Literally everyone runs around with an expensive phone so 1,19€(21.07.2019) shouldnīt even be a thing. E.g. the public transportation where I live has a large banner in all their buses saying "We increased the fee for driving without a ticket to 60€. Nice expensive and new smartphone but no money for a ticket.".
    So, 1.19€ for Desktop client should also be fair, right?
    Just following your logic here.

I mean whats you argument for making it free on certain platforms, but not on others?
    Kinda curios.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    So, 1.19€ for Desktop client should also be fair, right?
    Just following your logic here.

I mean whats you argument for making it free on certain platforms, but not on others?
    Kinda curios.
    My assumption would be the costs of developing the iOS or Android version and the cost of putting it on the App Store/Play Store.
    For Desktops they can slap it on their server for download which will cost a lot less than the mobile stores.
    As well as it being a form of income for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeewth View Post
    and the cost of putting it on the App Store/Play Store.
    That is literally 100$/year for the App Store and 25$ one time fee for the Play Store (and not even per App, only per Publishing account). Apple and Google only want money from you if you sell your App or do in-app micro transactions. It's around 30% or so, the last time I checked that.

Aka TeamSpeak only need to pay Apple and Google when they add a price tag to their apps (I don't really count 100$, that just nothing for a company)

So the only reason would be development cost. But on the other hand the Linux and Windows and Mac version also require development time and therefor costs. So why are they free?

I hope they really use a modern (maybe JS based) framework so they can reuse a lot of the code for their mobile app, if they want to go for a Hybrid one. That would reduce development cost because only one code base is needed for Android and iOS + webclient.

And because ScP mentioned Vue.js for the TS5 desktop client, I really hope they are doing this. Especially since Ionic announced their Vue Beta in April.

Quote Originally Posted by Saelyth View Post
    It's already very easy. I use this library: https://github.com/benediktschmitt/py-ts3/tree/v2
    See - itīs just not accessable/easy to go and not everyone is hosting their own server.
    With Discord, I usually go on a website, click "Bot join" and the bot will join and do itīs thing - and it works works and works.
    You donīt have to mess with things like the setup, whitelisting, permissions etc..
    There are of course websites where you can do that - but in terms of quantity, quality,accessability it doesnīt feel the same.

I really lack the insights to tell whatīs wrong with that api - but I do wonder why it seems to be so easy with Discord and such a pain with ts.

ScP answered the question about the Beta in post #1.

What you saw is just a name for an updater test.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

What question that wasn't asked do you have for ScP?
    Everything he could answer is answered or?

Note: Answering the same question over and over is nothing we plan to reply as long nothing has changed.

If some don't like the given answer(s) I have to remind you before you start reply to them:
    Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    Again... I value all of your opinions, but I want to limit this thread to constructive feedback and meaningful questions. Everything else will be deleted without any comment.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

how many numbers of alpha[279,280, 281, etc...] do you intend to do before you switch the name to beta?

hmmm let me count ... 724... minus 279 .... hmmm should be around 445 Alphas left? *just kidding*
    There is no way to answer that question. Sometimes 1 up to 3 or 5 alphas get build and sometimes 1 alpha is enough for 2 or 3 days.

...btw interesting way to turn around the question for the beta

Quote Originally Posted by jehova View Post
    Understandable but you have to be asked why after the last 2 months the heat gets hotter against Teamspeak and now all of a sudden you care to delete comments.

Something you didn't for 116 pages long.

I know the Alpha could be an beta for the last month. But for some reason you are stalling it probably for the gamescon. Dante should we bet on it? You want to release it on the gamescon!

Dante be honest here: Do you care for the community? the so called Apple silence dosen't show
    Pretty much someone at the top wants to be the talk of the show at gamescom at the risk of losing more fans to competition (if waiting just to release at gamescom).

Is it official tho that TeamSpeak is doing away with the numbers (TS5/TS3) and just becoming TeamSpeak? (Which imo is a smart idea).

Also, if Beta fails and interest in TeamSpeak is low/dead, should just sell the company to Steam or something and let them merge it into theirs, like TeamSpeak being inside Steam groups, etc.

Thread Information