Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast
    Later down the road is there intentions of allowing embedded images on self hosted servers within channel chats, similar to what you can do within private chats and groups?

I see the button for uploads, but it just appears disabled at this time in the client on my own server.

So much information to try and look at, and hard to search for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    You might not but we do a healthy competition never hurt, only those who don’t promote their link would be embarrassed to have their number shown. Should be an option at the very least be it public or private, helps us grow more, helps them grow more - win/win.
    I can not support this either. All the people I know do not care about such links they always just go to the website and download it from there so showing these stats in a top list won't display the real numbers anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by D0mm4S View Post
    I can not support this either. All the people I know do not care about such links they always just go to the website and download it from there so showing these stats in a top list won't display the real numbers anyway.
    This is very true.

You might not but we do a healthy competition never hurt, only those who don’t promote their link would be embarrassed to have their number shown. Should be an option at the very least be it public or private, helps us grow more, helps them grow more - win/win.
    It's nothing to do with people being embarrassed over affiliate clicks, it's an unhealthy competition. The TeamSpeak server hosting community is already toxic enough as it is, why pour petrol onto the fire?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1164 View Post

It's nothing to do with people being embarrassed over affiliate clicks, it's an unhealthy competition. The TeamSpeak server hosting community is already toxic enough as it is, why pour petrol onto the fire?
    I don’t see how it’s unhealthy, it’s like choosing to play Casual or Competitive in a game you aren’t forced to worry about what you do or don’t do, only those that do care can strive for more, even if it’s just to get more exposure like a shout in their twitter. TeamSpeak needs all the help it can get so an avenue that helps bring in more into using their VOIP is well worth it, it might not apply to you but the people I know thought it would be great.

If they already know you why would they need to get a link from you to DL TeamSpeak that doesn’t make sense. Bringing people into TeamSpeak tho it’s a different story and because we don’t have something simple like Discord for them to join we have to spoon feed these people until then and the links you provide them are the ones that pertain to your group.

If they already know you why would they need to get a link from you to DL TeamSpeak that doesn’t make sense. Bringing people into TeamSpeak tho it’s a different story and because we don’t have something simple like Discord for them to join we have to spoon feed these people until then and the links you provide them are the ones that pertain to your group.
    Knowing them doesnīt mean that they are using TS, some are using Discord and I canīt get them to return permanently. And when I tell them to join TS I always just give them my IP and nothing else anyway. Why would I search for my affiliate link to send it to them when I can just tell them to join my IP (more like server nickname)? I couldnīt care less about these links. Remembering your nickname which consists of 3 letters is way easier than remembering a long TS affiliate link.
    Also why would TS give you a shoutout if you are using your link the most? Even if they would give me money I still wouldnīt use it. Itīs not convenient and like Patrick said, TS community is already toxic enough. Just join on a larger public server and at least once an hour someone or even a group of toxic people join your channel and annoy you just to get banned and return over a VPN. Just my thoughts on this.

I don’t see how it’s unhealthy, it’s like choosing to play Casual or Competitive in a game you aren’t forced to worry about what you do or don’t do, only those that do care can strive for more, even if it’s just to get more exposure like a shout in their twitter. TeamSpeak needs all the help it can get so an avenue that helps bring in more into using their VOIP is well worth it, it might not apply to you but the people I know thought it would be great.

Well it would apply to me because I'm sponsored by TeamSpeak, I think it's a terrible idea and a waste of everyone's time. I'd rather them spend the time developing the client than some useless pissing contest. The large hosting community has been a cesspit of bad ethics for years now and this would make it 10x worse because I can guarantee some of those people have snuck through and got sponsorship. (Not that it's TeamSpeaks fault, they can't tell what someone's actions are like) It also would mean bad actors attempting to manipulate it too with fake referrals.

Not everything as to be a competition in life, this by far shouldn't be one at all.

I finally have my beta code (which makes me very happy) but it would be nice to take friends with me.
    Do people only get one code for the beta?
    Didn't people get a bunch of codes in the beginning?

thx so far

Knowing them doesnīt mean that they are using TS, some are using Discord and I canīt get them to return permanently. And when I tell them to join TS I always just give them my IP and nothing else anyway. Why would I search for my affiliate link to send it to them when I can just tell them to join my IP (more like server nickname)? I couldnīt care less about these links. Remembering your nickname which consists of 3 letters is way easier than remembering a long TS affiliate link.
    Also why would TS give you a shoutout if you are using your link the most? Even if they would give me money I still wouldnīt use it. Itīs not convenient and like Patrick said, TS community is already toxic enough. Just join on a larger public server and at least once an hour someone or even a group of toxic people join your channel and annoy you just to get banned and return over a VPN. Just my thoughts on this.
    That’s the point, you already know them, they know how TeamSpeak operates, your talking about giving them your address, they still have to download it, you tell someone to Join your TeamSpeak they will have to google it or take the link you provide them. I’m not sure what open communities you guys have been joining but clearly you’ve entered the wrong ones to come up with this notion.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1164 View Post
    Well it would apply to me because I'm sponsored by TeamSpeak, I think it's a terrible idea and a waste of everyone's time. I'd rather them spend the time developing the client than some useless pissing contest. The large hosting community has been a cesspit of bad ethics for years now and this would make it 10x worse because I can guarantee some of those people have snuck through and got sponsorship. (Not that it's TeamSpeaks fault, they can't tell what someone's actions are like) It also would mean bad actors attempting to manipulate it too with fake referrals.

Not everything as to be a competition in life, this by far shouldn't be one at all.

If it applies to you and have the option then clearly you’d choose not to participate, that simple. Them spending time on developing you think everyone that works for them takes away from TS5 development? No matter what VOIP there’s always going to be a toxic group and people sneaking their way into things no different than cheaters in games you can reduce the majority but you can’t remove them 100% (sadly). Not everything has to be a competition in life? If you aren’t challenging yourself you aren’t growing stronger. They are in complete competition, all it takes is the current competition to offer what they do, or a new one to offer a real mix, and they become The blockbuster of VOIP with mininal true fans using them. I’ve found many groups on discord to be toxic, but the smarter ones seem to lock up their house and force registration first, some even interview second.

At the end of the day, groups like ours like to know are we pushing ourselves enough or should we turn things up a notch, rewarded or not we still would like to know our statistics.

The discussion about the Sponsoring Link and else has honestly nothing to do with TeamSpeak 5, so a moderator should probably move the discussions about that to a different section and delete this post after doing that.

At the end of the day, groups like ours like to know are we pushing ourselves enough or should we turn things up a notch, rewarded or not we still would like to know our statistics.
    You can simply create your own statistics using your client database e.g. how many people are new, are they visiting your server regularly etc.. That way you know probably a lot better how your TS server is running because as far as I know those links would only show you how many people downloaded TS using your link.

Quote Originally Posted by Old-Knitterhemd View Post
    I finally have my beta code (which makes me very happy) but it would be nice to take friends with me.
    Do people only get one code for the beta?
    Didn't people get a bunch of codes in the beginning?

thx so far
    I think yes, ~2 months ago i got my beta key and 9 to my friends
    Most of users received 3 keys.
    They have been spread many key, now i assume they only give 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan92 View Post
    I think yes, ~2 months ago i got my beta key and 9 to my friends
    Most of users received 3 keys.
    They have been spread many key, now i assume they only give 1.
    Yeah I got one in an email and one in a pm on these forums (never checked if they were the same code) from TS but only one - no extras for friends while some of our community members had gotten a few codes in their emails to give to friends.

Them spending time on developing you think everyone that works for them takes away from TS5 development?

They've legitimately said themselves that they have a small development team, why waste time on any feature that doesn't do anything good for anyone? They probably have tracking internally to see who's generating clicks for them, but this doesn't necessarily lead to revenue. So why in any shape or form would you need to see this information?

If you're so desperate to track this, create your own script that tracks clicks/loads and then sends them to the redirection if it's that important to you.

Thread Information