Forum


Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263
Results 931 to 940 of 940
  1. #931
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by D0mm4S View Post
    There are also two other problems @TimSpeak (and they are critical).
    According to your Privacy Statement there has to be the option to completely disable the data collection (Section 9.1) when using the client in the settings menu (Section 9.3). Guess what, itīs not possible in TS5 and the moment you leave the stable update channel in TS3 itīs also not possible.
    In Section 18.1 you claim to be certified for the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield however I couldnīt verify that following the mentioned steps to check verifications. So false claim.

    It shocks me to see that TeamSpeak, which always was known for their good privacy, doesnīt even follow their own Privacy Statement! I tried reporting this "internally" after the latest Privacy Policy update in October 2019 without a public statement but it looks like things only change at TeamSpeak when we talk about those things (e.g. syoxTS post) publicly.
    I don't see anything critical here if it only affects the beta versions.
    If it's so important to you, don't switch to a beta version.
    This is only critical if you can no longer disable it in the stable version.
    I don't see anything reprehensible if it just affects beta versions.

    Setech.

  2. #932
    Join Date
    November 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by setech View Post
    I don't see anything critical here if it only affects the beta versions.
    If it's so important to you, don't switch to a beta version.
    This is only critical if you can no longer disable it in the stable version.
    I don't see anything reprehensible if it just affects beta versions.

    Setech.
    It is a problem since their privacy policy doesnīt allow that! You could sue them if you wanted to just because their own software doesnīt comply with their privacy policy and itīs a 100% win. Iīm just letting them know so they can adapt to that e.g. implement another section for alpha/beta channels that they are excluded from that option.
    Just because normally nobody reads these terms of use in the beginning doesnīt mean they donīt have to obey them..

  3. #933
    Join Date
    April 2010
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1164 View Post
    They've legitimately said themselves that they have a small development team, why waste time on any feature that doesn't do anything good for anyone? They probably have tracking internally to see who's generating clicks for them, but this doesn't necessarily lead to revenue. So why in any shape or form would you need to see this information?

    If you're so desperate to track this, create your own script that tracks clicks/loads and then sends them to the redirection if it's that important to you.
    Again different departments do different things, this wouldn’t efftect TS5, you keep saying it does nobody any good I tell you otherwise, ATD. Nobody is talking about rev we are talking about people using it, which they’ve lost many. Not even sure why you are argumentative here, if it was to be ever added it’s 1. Optional and 2. Outside the TS5 Development. Also, yeah the last thing i need is to complicate a link more so to already confused users to TS.

    Quote Originally Posted by D0mm4S View Post
    It is a problem since their privacy policy doesnīt allow that! You could sue them if you wanted to just because their own software doesnīt comply with their privacy policy and itīs a 100% win. Iīm just letting them know so they can adapt to that e.g. implement another section for alpha/beta channels that they are excluded from that option.
    Just because normally nobody reads these terms of use in the beginning doesnīt mean they donīt have to obey them..
    Shhhh don’t say a word and just sue them later on JK we know they have very little money...
    Last edited by Trunkz Jr; January 11th, 2020 at 04:43 AM.

  4. #934
    Join Date
    February 2014
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    Again different departments do different things, this wouldn’t efftect TS5, you keep saying it does nobody any good I tell you otherwise, ATD. Nobody is talking about rev we are talking about people using it, which they’ve lost many. Not even sure why you are argumentative here, if it was to be ever added it’s 1. Optional and 2. Outside the TS5 Development. Also, yeah the last thing i need is to complicate a link more so to already confused users to TS.

    We have no information about their development teams and who does what, it's entirely possible that due to them having a small team people have overlapping roles into different areas. So yes, it's possible it would take away time from important shit.

  5. #935
    Join Date
    April 2010
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1164 View Post
    We have no information about their development teams and who does what, it's entirely possible that due to them having a small team people have overlapping roles into different areas. So yes, it's possible it would take away time from important shit.
    We were told before (I believe in this topic) they had different people working on TS5, If you assumed the same people who would update these forums and create road maps are the same working on TS5 then I suggest you complain to them to stop this and to work on TS5 more...

  6. #936
    Join Date
    January 2020
    Posts
    1

    TS5 beta ?

    Hello,

    I would like to participate at the beta of the Teamspeak but i don't find any thing to apply.
    I use ts3 for a long long time and I would love to see the changes made to this new version.
    So let me ask you if someone was kind enough to give me an extra code in pm please or informations to apply somewhere ?

    Thank you

  7. #937
    Join Date
    February 2014
    Posts
    293
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    We were told before (I believe in this topic) they had different people working on TS5, If you assumed the same people who would update these forums and create road maps are the same working on TS5 then I suggest you complain to them to stop this and to work on TS5 more...
    That was in reference to creating their new site design and micro site iirc. Regardless of who makes it, doesn't make your idea any good.

  8. #938
    Join Date
    December 2009
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by D0mm4S View Post
    It is a problem since their privacy policy doesnīt allow that! You could sue them if you wanted to just because their own software doesnīt comply with their privacy policy and itīs a 100% win. Iīm just letting them know so they can adapt to that e.g. implement another section for alpha/beta channels that they are excluded from that option.
    Just because normally nobody reads these terms of use in the beginning doesnīt mean they donīt have to obey them..
    Sorry, I misunderstood what you said, then TeamSpeak should take care of it immediately before it gets embarrassing.

    Setech.

  9. #939
    Join Date
    April 2010
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1164 View Post
    That was in reference to creating their new site design and micro site iirc. Regardless of who makes it, doesn't make your idea any good.
    No they have others for TS3 too, also your opinion has been noted, it doesn't speak for all

  10. #940
    Join Date
    June 2003
    Posts
    275
    Congratulations to those who have survived literally hundreds of pages of this and the previous topics. :P
    Onward to the new forum!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. [Discussion] TeamSpeak 3.1.1 Beta Discussion
    By Chris in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: February 10th, 2017, 06:02 PM
  2. [Already possible] PTT switch to Continues Hotkey
    By meadows in forum Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 6th, 2015, 12:07 PM
  3. Windows 8.1, the bugginess continues.
    By paladine321 in forum Windows
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 15th, 2013, 05:47 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •