Forum

Page 30 of 58 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Rather than cry about keys for the rest of the day how about we talk about what could a TeamSpeak 5 server offer us compared to what we got now, because atm it seems more visual + ease of use but not really impressive on features, would they even offer a phone app for free?

Ofc are they sending out keys every day. Most users probably do not even have a forum account nor do they read this or know of its existence. If I would receive the mail for closed beta access I would not write it here either thats probably why you do not hear a lot of users posting that they got access.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    Rather than cry about keys for the rest of the day how about we talk about what could a TeamSpeak 5 server offer us compared to what we got now, because atm it seems more visual + ease of use but not really impressive on features, would they even offer a phone app for free?

It's very bare-bones atm, so there's not many features. Hopefully they'll add what's missing + more. Would be nice to see a planned feature list or roadmap of some sorts.

I asked some beta tester and all said that there is no text only channel. That was the only feature I had hoped for. I believe without this feature TeamSpeak will have no competition for Discord.
    I hope it will come during the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanashi View Post
    I asked some beta tester and all said that there is no text only channel. That was the only feature I had hoped for. I believe without this feature TeamSpeak will have no competition for Discord.
    I hope it will come during the beta.

No there isn't text only channels, but you can add contacts & create group chats via MyTeamSpeak.

It's a modern chat system with embedding etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1164 View Post
    No there isn't text only channels, but you can add contacts & create group chats via MyTeamSpeak.

It's a modern chat system with embedding etc.
    Yes, i know, but without text only channel I have no reason to switch from Discord to TeamSpeak.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanashi View Post
    Yes, i know, but without text only channel I have no reason to switch from Discord to TeamSpeak.
    They'll have to add this to the TS server, ts3 & ts5 client honestly. Not sure if they'll go this route or not. I hope they will as it's another handy feature.

They'll have to add this to the TS server, ts3 & ts5 client honestly. Not sure if they'll go this route or not. I hope they will as it's another handy feature.
    I would definitely not call this a "handy feature". Rich persistent server channel chat is an absolute necessity to even remotely keep up with the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by skill1917 View Post
    I would definitely not call this a "handy feature". Rich persistent server channel chat is an absolute necessity to even remotely keep up with the competition.

I wouldn't say an absolute necessity, it's first and foremost a voip client.

I congratulate the Teamspeak team for the beta release of the v5 client! I admit I didn't think it would happen this year.

I wish v5 turns out successful, although I have my (previously explained) doubts, since it's long overdue for at least 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by skill1917 View Post
    This is the beginning of the beta many features are not there yet...

Quote Originally Posted by D0mm4S View Post
    Ofc are they sending out keys every day. Most users probably do not even have a forum account nor do they read this or know of its existence. If I would receive the mail for closed beta access I would not write it here either thats probably why you do not hear a lot of users posting that they got access.
    Yeah plus majority once they get a key will probably never come back to these forums again unless to complain that their key failed lol

I wouldn't say an absolute necessity, it's first and foremost a voip client.
    They’ve always been the best when it comes to VOIP, that was never their problem, it’s the fact that In order to get more people to use your VOIP you need to offer more and evolve, so far visually they’ve done a good job they just need to keep adding new features.

Not too worried about the chat system we’d much rather prefer to connect from the web to make it easier for new people to join a TeamSpeak. It’s crazy actually how it took this long and it’s actually still very much feature deprived, beta or not people aren’t going to leave discord until actual features come out, they really only addressed the visual problem but that wasn’t the problem why ppl were leaving TS for discord...
    Last edited by Trunkz Jr; October 16th, 2019 at 09:46 PM.

if someone has a key too much or do not know what to do, you can send it to me I take it with pleasure!

I could care less for text only channels. Does every voice channel have a text channel along with it? Now that would be great by itself.

Why the secrecy if all they were going to come to beta with was a new design? ScP mentioned last year that there will be new features, is any of this present in the beta? With greyed out parts of the server? Or possibly that they are working on the new features concurrently with the new design implementation and that open beta will disclose all the new features?

Thread Information