Forum

Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    My lord SeTech it’s people like yourself that have padded TeamSpeak on the back all these years telling them good job and they turned to never evolving until Discord forced them to.

Yes, their MAIN focus should be voice, that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t evolve everything else to give a better experience for the user. You can call some things bloatware, but many people want this, if all they wanted was just basic voice they can switch to mumble or ventrillo and let them rule the basic voice market, clearly TeamSpeak want their crown back and seem to be going with a visual mix of both discord and TS (which is a smart idea) while hopefully providing Discord features and more.

Btw what else more can you do with voice TeamSpeak already have good quality voice clearly that’s not enough to win users over to use their VoIP. The biggest thing we want as a community is the same feature as discord, connecting via web and entering with basic perms and voice, if they told us we all waited an extra 6 months to add this feature and that’s the reason for the delay by all means all is forgiven hell take another few months as it’s a much wanted feature, currently we have no idea what to expect hopefully they’ll hand out those 100 betas sometime this month so we can get some info finally.

Quote Originally Posted by setech View Post
    The question here is more why we should compare it against discord?

It was totally clear that team(speak) doesn't have features like discord and why teamspeak should have this feature?

Teamspeak was always a VOIP application with the concept behind "talking" with other peoples is here something that has changed?

What your community is missing on teamspeak there know that teamspeak is for talking with other peoples.

Yes there maybe loses x% of its user base because of whatever, But the truth is that the most users believe that teamspeak is only dependent on the community, but there forget that teamspeak has partnerships/corporates with NASA, Boeing and Lockheed Martin.

And if the community does not get what she wants or at least some sort of users, The next is immediately then I switch to discord (most times) but hey who cares?

Off-Topic:

Kind regards,

SeTech.
    Well honestly if teamspeak is not comparing itself with discord then why create a group chat system anyway? (That too resembling like discord? We saw the glimpses of the group chat system last time in Feb 2019 in the puzzle image)

Why make a group chat in the first place if their emphasis is on being VoIP. The only reason why teamspeak 5 is coming is because they realized when it was too late that teamspeak met its better half and lost all its gamer users to discord.

Yes we all know that they have contracts @ Nasa and Boeing and gaming communities are not their only clients but if that was the case then why do you think Teamspeak started the sponsorship license before teamspeak 5? I don't think Nasa and Boeing asked them to make ts5 client because they got sick and bored of the old and outdated user interface lol.

I want that teamspeak rest teamspeak and keep the focus of voice (talking to/with peoples), I think you know what i mean?
    People started building entire communities on discord where they come and hangout with people while you care about only VoIP features.

The one who doesn't update itself with time gets left behind, same is happening with teamspeak and they know it.

The silence is the annoying part. Yes we know you guys have kept ts5 a big secret after the fiasco in the first quarter of 2019. I am not saying you to reveal any features and stuff for ts5 but at least share a roadmap. The roadmap that shows how much work is complete and people can anticipate a period of release.

I think SCP should look at this thread because after the mess they pulled back in first quarter of 2019 its one of the teamspeak enthusiast namely Kosta who has made all this mess with his twitter announcement which clearly shows teamspeak is coming soon. (Nobody would have taken him seriously if that guy doesn't have TS5 alpha access.)

If some guy with alpha access says soon 3 times in a month just to increase is twitter rating with alpha access then this is called disturbing the public. Everyone is sitting peacefully waiting here and you create a false hype among your viewers and teamspeak communities which ultimately result in a bigger mess and unhappy users.

IF TS5 is not coming in October then he should make a public apology.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    My lord SeTech it’s people like yourself that have padded TeamSpeak on the back all these years telling them good job and they turned to never evolving until Discord forced them to.
    Well I follow the philosophy if you do something do it well and teamspeak does that, but that does not mean that teamspeak should not evolve them self.

The biggest thing we want as a community is the same feature as discord
    I don't think that you can talk for the whole community and yes teamspeak should evolve them self but if teamspeak should have same features like discord so why don't switch to discord?

You think copy the features from an other application is evolving? No the name you looking for is "cloning".

Quote Originally Posted by Bituspy View Post
    Well honestly if teamspeak is not comparing itself with discord then why create a group chat system anyway?
    I never said that teamspeak should not have an better chat system, better ui, web function etc..

You only want an Golden Cow, because discord have it, we must have that too this is nonsense.

If Teamspeak 5 have nice chat system, group chat, better ui and so one i'm fine with that.

PS:
    For me an evolve of teamspeak would be teamspeak modular so everbody can get his "feature" without overload the client self, and so the user can choose what he/she use and what not.
    Kind regards,

SeTech.
    Last edited by setech; October 9th, 2019 at 03:25 AM.

all i have to say is that discord does not bust a teamspeak.

Yes, their MAIN focus should be voice, that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t evolve everything else to give a better experience for the user. You can call some things bloatware, but many people want this, if all they wanted was just basic voice they can switch to mumble or ventrillo and let them rule the basic voice market, clearly TeamSpeak want their crown back and seem to be going with a visual mix of both discord and TS (which is a smart idea) while hopefully providing Discord features and more.

Btw what else more can you do with voice TeamSpeak already have good quality voice clearly that’s not enough to win users over to use their VoIP. The biggest thing we want as a community is the same feature as discord, connecting via web and entering with basic perms and voice, if they told us we all waited an extra 6 months to add this feature and that’s the reason for the delay by all means all is forgiven hell take another few months as it’s a much wanted feature, currently we have no idea what to expect hopefully they’ll hand out those 100 betas sometime this month so we can get some info finally.
    I have to agree, he's fucking delusional. Times have moved on, we're not saying make bloatware. We're saying add more fucking features already, it's long overdue. If you think more features is bloatware, keep using TS3 and ignore TS5.

> You think copy the features from an other application is evolving? No the name you looking for is "cloning".

I mean Discord cloned slack's UI and made it gamer-facing yet people are still using it, adding new features doesn't mean you're cloning. You're in the very small minority in this community because I can tell you the majority of us want an overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1164 View Post
    I have to agree, he's fucking delusional. Times have moved on, we're not saying make bloatware. We're saying add more fucking features already, it's long overdue. If you think more features is bloatware, keep using TS3 and ignore TS5.
    Well I see you don't read the posts, I don't said that teamspeak should _NOT_ (I bold it extra) add new features/or evolve them self.

And you don't have read the post of Trunkz Jr, let me help you.

The biggest thing we want as a community is the same feature as discord
    If you take all this features then it is bloatware.

Maybe next time you should read the posts before you post something.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1164 View Post
    I mean Discord cloned slack's UI and made it gamer-facing yet people are still using it, adding new features doesn't mean you're cloning. You're in the very small minority in this community because I can tell you the majority of us want an overhaul.
    And that makes it better? Wow!

I say the same to you, I don't think that you or someone here can talk for the whole community how many peoples are registered here?

And you know everybody's opinion?

Its a very small minority of all the teamspeak users woldwide here in the forum, just because let's say 50+ user want discord like features all teamspeak user will want this too?

That is in your words "fucking delusional".

Kind regards,

SeTech
    Last edited by setech; October 9th, 2019 at 02:12 AM.

Because no matter what teamspeak say/show us it will always not good enough for the community because today is the mentality
    we need more bigger and better even if we don't need such features.
    I think that's wrong, if teamspeak had been honest from the start and not just hushed everything with here and there a small hint that they do not want their competitors to know what they are doing, that great bigger better mentality would never have built up.

From the beginning on the promised microsite and keep the community up to date and everything would be no problem. Everyone would have known what to expect and everything would be fine.

but after all this "silence" because of the competition, you just expect more and at least one feature that will excite the others.

I've mentioned it several times, I think the delay was never the problem, they just had to set up a roadmap (like bituspy mentioned it) on how to proceed after they messed up.

And most importantly, let the community be involved ... I think many of the critical statements here are just because mistakes were made and no real attempt has been made to correct this.

This forum post got off to a good start ... but eventually the communication got worse and then he fell down again and became a complaining thread again ...

For my part, I don't want to immediately have the beta, as a long-time supporter of teamspeak, I would of course be glad to finally be able to test myself. The last picture was the puzzle... the last info where few answers in this thread, months ago too. I think it would be enough to see something again ... how is the state, how the current ui looks, short what can we expect.

But there is nothing. We had kosta tried to save the cause ... but that's over now.

Probably bituspy is right and we do not expect the beta before 2020 and kosta has received displeasure from ts because he said he will delete his twitter account if the beta does not somehow start in 2019

@ setech

As the name implies team(speak) and this is exactly what it does, Teamspeak does not need bloatware like discord.
    A improved UI, chat system, permission system. (maybe there are still few improvement needed) but i do not expect anything more from teamspeak.

Teamspeak does his job and that well, why we should expect more because is 2019?
    Apparently you do not know anything about market and competition. Teamspeak is engaged in a marketting combat with discord for who gets the more users. (No one can deny it) Market battle victories are decided by various factors like:
    1) Pricing: Best application with great features in the cheapest price. (Discord server hosting is free, ios and android client is free and you can use it on the webclient without downloading the app itself)
    2) Utility: Usage of the application in various fields. (discord is used by streamers, communities, esports leagues, raffle and giveaway groups, MMORPG games like (fivem, runescape), etc. Their bot systems provide extremely well developed model to handle communities automatically.)
    3) Versatility: How is the application doing in terms of versatility. (you can use discord on iphone, android, webclient, pc)

If developing an app like this makes it a bloatware then sure thats what teamspeak needs right now.

You only want an Golden Cow, because discord have it, we must have that too this is nonsense.
    Its non-sense eh? I will tell u a short story. In the age of technological advancement whoever lags behind becomes the failure. Nokia was the biggest sensation of the first decade of 21st century but it didn't evolve its Operating system and used symbian for too long before it became obsolete against iPhone and Androids. (Who the fuck will use Nokia if it doesn't have the Golden Cow in it) So nokia evolved (evolved after losing everything but it still evolved). Teamspeak also refused to evolve and hence its facing the same drop and now bringing up ts5.

I say the same to you, I don't think that you or someone here can talk for the whole community how many peoples are registered here?
    Many of these forum users are hosting their own teamspeak community servers and we represent hundreds (if not thousands) of teamspeak community members who are looking for a variety in features and upgrading our server to match up with the discord communities. Why the fuck would we stay on teamspeak if they can't even give the basic amnesties required to run a fucking VoIP community? We are supporting teamspeak because we are one of oldest ones here and we are not refusing to hold back our support because we find discord more attractive but that doesn't mean our expectations from the professional developers become less.

Its a very small minority of all the teamspeak users woldwide here in the forum, just because let's say 50+ user want discord like features all teamspeak user will want this too?
    Are you crazy? Go look on discord for forums, as far as I know they just have a blog and no forums. Teamspeak is spending hundreds of dollars a year to host this vBulletin forums. It doesn't matter how many people are posting here but if they are actually using a good forums its for the fact that discussion and public opinions matter to them. The forum debates are the best ones to know your public and if they are not interested in listening to the public but just reading it then its a matter of fact that they should just shut down this forum and open a nice blog with a suggestions board only to halt the discussion system.

I have a lot to say but i would conclude here that you should stop covering up teamspeak by calling it JUST A VoIP (If you just want a VoIP go use fucking ventrilo it still works well in that field)

I've mentioned it several times, I think the delay was never the problem, they just had to set up a roadmap (like bituspy mentioned it) on how to proceed after they messed up.
    Read the thread posts near CS:GO Majors in August-September, I said we need a microsite that reveals your roadmap first, you can then release the closed beta and show up your work on ts5 on the microsite.

Showing us nothing means you either got nothing to show or you just lack the staff to develop the system and the work you have done is too raw to be shown. If its raw after 1.5 years of development then ts5 will become obsolete before it arrives in the market. (We still do not now the reason for the delay, I am pretty sure it is not just technical)

They released the first few images in February 2019 its been almost 8 months. I have a strong belief they are also stuck in some legal issues with some other VoIP and they are covering it up until the legal matter gets resolved. (ScP) already mentioned way back in July when he came to answer the questions on this thread that we are trying to slowly develop ts5 and not instantly release all the features. I mean if ts5 was ready with its interface way back in Feb 2019 how long does it take to bring perfection. (its just a speculation so please don't take this seriously)

I strongly believe ts5 is not coming before first quarter of 2020 for public use. Thats all I have to say.
    Last edited by Bituspy; October 9th, 2019 at 10:01 AM.

Sorry when I said community setech I meant OUR community at http://www.uwsgaming.com not these forums, but it’s also a feature many other big communities want to have and we’d be willing to wait longer if they at least told us we could have this feature if it meant waiting a few more months, all this waiting we’ve done I’m expecting some seriously good stuff not just visual I mean features...

Well I see you don't read the posts, I don't said that teamspeak should _NOT_ (I bold it extra) add new features/or evolve them self.

And you don't have read the post of Trunkz Jr, let me help you.

If you take all this features then it is bloatware.

Maybe next time you should read the posts before you post something.

And that makes it better? Wow!

That is in your words "fucking delusional".

Kind regards,

SeTech
    Holy shit you're actually senile, just because TeamSpeak add similar/same features as Discord it doesn't make it bloatware. It all depends on the dependencies and what they've created the new client in, they've hinted that it's not electron already so most of you salty fucks who are screaming about bloatware have already been shut up.

Let's be real QT Framework is a pile of shit in modern UI, so it needs replacing and if they used electron. Personally I would not give a shit because it would mean change and moving forward rather than sitting still.

> If you take all this features then it is bloatware.

You're just saying the exact same shit, more features = bloatware. Any way you phrase it it's just gonna sound exactly the same.

> And you know everybody's opinion?
    > Its a very small minority of all the teamspeak users woldwide here in the forum, just because let's say 50+ user want discord like features all teamspeak user will want this too?

I've surveyed my users in the past and the vast majority of users want features similar to Discords, this is modern progression of development. We're at a standstill currently and nothing is changing, same shit new day. You can pretty much expect similar results if you surveyed every TeamSpeak user in the world, they'll want more features and a new UI.

Guys, can we please stick to the TS5 discussion as it was intended?
    In a technical way? Regarding features, release, beta, etc.

Maybe open a new thread for those TeamSpeak vs Discord discussions and stay calm.
    We are kinda sitting in the same boat aka. waiting for TS5 (Beta)...

Yes, we get no info, yes we are annoyed with the communication politic and disappointed in the release schedule, teasers and the details we got so far. But we cannot change that behaviour.

Let`s just discuss TS5 from a technical standpoint and ask questions if we have some. Maybe we will get answeres someday.

Quote Originally Posted by boehseronkel View Post
    Guys, can we please stick to the TS5 discussion as it was intended?
    In a technical way? Regarding features, release, beta, etc.

Maybe open a new thread for those TeamSpeak vs Discord discussions and stay calm.
    We are kinda sitting in the same boat aka. waiting for TS5 (Beta)...

Yes, we get no info, yes we are annoyed with the communication politic and disappointed in the release schedule, teasers and the details we got so far. But we cannot change that behaviour.

Let`s just discuss TS5 from a technical standpoint and ask questions if we have some. Maybe we will get answeres someday.
    It is TS5 releated, and it’s nice to actually see discussion/debates rather than wait for empty “Soon” messages.

Was anyone able to answer before when TS3 came out did they release anything awesome compared to their competition? Curious if we should expect awesome gestures for TS5.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Komentár 2019-10-09 150334.png 
Views:	848 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	18396
    Sounds good but I guess not suited for TS5 beta.

Quote Originally Posted by gujuk2 View Post

Name:	Komentár 2019-10-09 150334.png 
Views:	848 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	18396
    Sounds good but I guess not suited for TS5 beta.
    Now this is a question that should be definitely answered by teamspeak. I am not expecting an update this size for next 10 years from you guys and we all registered for beta and are myTeamspeak members from the day it started.

Where is my news about the latest developments?

Waiting for Teamspeak 5 everyday with no info...

Name:	giphy.gif 
Views:	15 
Size:	184.5 KB 
ID:	18407

Thread Information