ID:	18390

Quote Originally Posted by TheDodo24 View Post
    Maybe 400 will be the lucky one ^^

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_34.png 
Views:	542 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	18390
    Trust me they will start announcing ts5 to be released in a week or 15 days, etc on 390 if their aim is to release on alpha 400. Although i strongly believe alpha no. means nothing but shows progress in their development and can be any odd no.

Most of us won't get anything because it will be just a closed beta and available to 300 users out of which most of them don't even care for teamspeak. Cheers :P

We can start watching for closed beta version no.s for 3 months before they can go public beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Bituspy View Post
    Trust me they will start announcing ts5 to be released in a week or 15 days, etc on 390 if their aim is to release on alpha 400. Although i strongly believe alpha no. means nothing but shows progress in their development and can be any odd no.

Most of us won't get anything because it will be just a closed beta and available to 300 users out of which most of them don't even care for teamspeak. Cheers :P

We can start watching for closed beta version no.s for 3 months before they can go public beta.
    I'd say more like 6-8 months till a public beta if they're still on a closed alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1164 View Post
    I'd say more like 6-8 months till a public beta if they're still on a closed alpha.
    6-8 months will break all hopes of large communities to be honest. We are relying on a public beta and full release to show up asap. If they think they can delay ts5 for open release till 2021 then I'd say good luck with your future as it won't work out the way they want.

Their beta roadmap should be small and should mostly consist of 1 month of closed beta at max and 2-3 months of open beta.

As people have waited for a lot of time it would be a disaster if you make em wait 6-8 months before you can give it to the public.

If this application becomes publically available in the first quarter of 2020 its fine but if you make people wait for the whole 2020, in my honest opinion people will stop caring for it.

Competition:
    Mumble, Ventrilo, etc all were considered as good VoIP's but they were no match for teamspeak in old times. The same can be said for teamspeak right now, we compare both apps and teamspeak is favorite for only those people who care for their CPU usage. People with good RAM and CPU don't even care about teamspeak. This is the reality report if teamspeak developers are even interested in the reality right now.

Delay it more and the communities that care about you will move away from this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bituspy View Post
    Competition:
    Mumble, Ventrilo, etc all were considered as good VoIP's but they were no match for teamspeak in old times. The same can be said for teamspeak right now, we compare both apps and teamspeak is favorite for only those people who care for their CPU usage. People with good RAM and CPU don't even care about teamspeak. This is the reality report if teamspeak developers are even interested in the reality right now.
    I think a majority of the teamspeak users are using it because they had used it the whole time. And I think these are the people who care about it. Me f.ex. am using teamspeak since 2010/11 and I'm using it til today, because I know how I have to use it.
    And many people are using it because its simple. Only the people who are using it because of other factors are they who dont care, i think.

I think, that the biggest reason for people and also for me to use TS instead anything else is the voice quality.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDodo24 View Post
    I think a majority of the teamspeak users are using it because they had used it the whole time. And I think these are the people who care about it. Me f.ex. am using teamspeak since 2010/11 and I'm using it til today, because I know how I have to use it.
    And many people are using it because its simple. Only the people who are using it because of other factors are they who dont care, i think.
    Nope, what i believe is teamspeak users are refreshed from time to time. People move out of schools and high schools then they just barely play any games. Most of the people got old and phased out and the new ones now a days don't even know whats teamspeak. As teamspeak requires self hosted servers and paid slots or licenses ids cannot make their own (most of the kids) Now everyone these days are just looking for a place of their own and why would they come on teamspeak if they can just use discord for free. (nobody knows about audio quality because no one ever heard of teamspeak).

If I ask my community members why do they prefer to stay on teamspeak?
    Their answer is that they don't like teamspeak, they are here to avoid discord because they don't want discord to eat their RAM and CPU while gaming. (Even tho everyone has good PC). Now this is a true survey in a true gaming community with players from CS, dota, GTA:V, PUBG, etc.) Half of the people don't even know how to distinguish between the audio qualities of 2 different VoIP's.

I can bet 1000% that any discord with around 100-500 members in it won't even have 5 active voice channel users at a specific period of time because everyone has their own servers to hangout together.

Only a handful of people prefer to stick to a community, rest don't care about communities they just care about having somewhere to talk in peace. (Why come to ts when u get a better, user friendly UI with more features on discord without paying money lol)

I play cs on lower ranks sometimes and people ask me what is teamspeak?
    Honestly you make friends in any game and most of them ask you to join their discord and not their teamspeak.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    Itís so easy to say TeamSpeak will be more than Discord without any proof, I mean them hiding it this long could be seen as proof that they have something they donít want discord to see but if they release it and itís only on par with discord then consider this famous VOIP forever #2 and unwanted in gamers eyes.
    Sure, the sheeple waiting for their barcode will view teamspeak as #2. They already do. And at this point, discord offers some things that makes me like them. But they're a evil company. Same as facebook and google. As a American and a gamer, I will stick with freedom, I mean teamspeak as #1. Even if they've been letting me down.

^ lol Don't mind the tinfoil words.

I do not understand this discussion about teamspeak and discord you can not compare teamspeak agains discord.

As the name implies team(speak) and this is exactly what it does, Teamspeak does not need bloatware like discord.
    A improved UI, chat system, permission system. (maybe there are still few improvement needed) but i do not expect anything more from teamspeak.

Teamspeak does his job and that well, why we should expect more because is 2019?

The only thing to complain about is the communication between teamspeak and the community, but on the other hand i can understand teamspeak because no matter what teamspeak say/show us it will always not good enough for the community because today is the mentality
    we need more bigger and better even if we don't need such features.

Kind regards,

SeTech.
    Last edited by setech; October 8th, 2019 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by setech View Post
    I do not understand this discussion about teamspeak and discord you can not compare teamspeak agains discord.

As the name implies team(speak) and this is exactly what it does, Teamspeak does not need bloatware like discord.
    A improved UI, chat system, permission system. (maybe there are still few improvement needed) but i do not expect anything more from teamspeak.

Teamspeak does his job and that well, why we should expect more because is 2019?

The only thing to complain about is the communication between teamspeak and the community, but on the other hand i can understand teamspeak because no matter what teamspeak say/show us it will always not good enough for the community because today is the mentality
    we need more bigger and better even if we don't need such features.

Kind regards,

SeTech.

You can and will compare it against Discord, when TeamSpeak loses 70%+ of it's userbase (in my case at least) to Discord. The only logical assumption is to compare and see why they left for another platform.

The question here is more why we should compare it against discord?

It was totally clear that team(speak) doesn't have features like discord and why teamspeak should have this feature?

Teamspeak was always a VOIP application with the concept behind "talking" with other peoples is here something that has changed?

What your community is missing on teamspeak there know that teamspeak is for talking with other peoples.

Yes there maybe loses x% of its user base because of whatever, But the truth is that the most users believe that teamspeak is only dependent on the community, but there forget that teamspeak has partnerships/corporates with NASA, Boeing and Lockheed Martin.

And if the community does not get what she wants or at least some sort of users, The next is immediately then I switch to discord (most times) but hey who cares?

Off-Topic:
    If I really want to compare discord, I would compare it against rocketchat.
    Kind regards,

SeTech.
    Last edited by setech; October 8th, 2019 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by setech View Post
    The question here is more why we should compare it against discord?

It was totally clear that team(speak) doesn't have features like discord and why teamspeak should have this feature?

Teamspeak was always a VOIP application with the concept behind "talking" with other peoples is here something that has changed?

What your community is missing on teamspeak there know that teamspeak is for talking with other peoples.

Yes there maybe loses x% of its user base because of whatever, But the truth is that the most users believe that teamspeak is only dependent on the community, but there forget that teamspeak has partnerships/corporates with NASA, Boeing and Lockheed Martin.

And if the community does not get what she wants or at least some sort of users, The next is immediately then I switch to discord (most times) but hey who cares?

Kind regards,

SeTech.
    HUH?

We want teamspeak to add some things and become better so we don't have to sellout to the facebook and google of VOIP, discord. Discord in general seems alright. I don't support the company. I like teamspeak as a company. I don't want them to lose out. IMO, they're the best choice for VOIP. So if they can become even better, I want that.

Quote Originally Posted by Donaramu View Post
    HUH?

We want teamspeak to add some things and become better so we don't have to sellout to the facebook and google of VOIP, discord. Discord in general seems alright. I don't support the company. I like teamspeak as a company. I don't want them to lose out. IMO, they're the best choice for VOIP. So if they can become even better, I want that.
    And that is fine, I didn't say that teamspeak should not get better, I only want to say that I won't that teamspeak get bloatware like discord.
    Teamspeak should improve here product like sound quality (codecs), ui, chat system etc.. but if i read the whole threat i have the impression that most user want something like discord with massiv of non needed features.

I only want to say:
    I want that teamspeak rest teamspeak and keep the focus of voice (talking to/with peoples), I think you know what i mean?

less is sometime more.
    Kind regards,

SeTech.

My lord SeTech itís people like yourself that have padded TeamSpeak on the back all these years telling them good job and they turned to never evolving until Discord forced them to.

Yes, their MAIN focus should be voice, that doesnít mean they shouldnít evolve everything else to give a better experience for the user. You can call some things bloatware, but many people want this, if all they wanted was just basic voice they can switch to mumble or ventrillo and let them rule the basic voice market, clearly TeamSpeak want their crown back and seem to be going with a visual mix of both discord and TS (which is a smart idea) while hopefully providing Discord features and more.

Btw what else more can you do with voice TeamSpeak already have good quality voice clearly thatís not enough to win users over to use their VoIP. The biggest thing we want as a community is the same feature as discord, connecting via web and entering with basic perms and voice, if they told us we all waited an extra 6 months to add this feature and thatís the reason for the delay by all means all is forgiven hell take another few months as itís a much wanted feature, currently we have no idea what to expect hopefully theyíll hand out those 100 betas sometime this month so we can get some info finally.

Thread Information