Forum

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Some more questions

Not sure if questions are still being read and answered, but if they are;

1. How are you planning on improving the security of TS5? A big issue with TS3 is that there is no solid way of removing people permanently from the server, as a quick IP switch with a VPN gets you back into the action.

2. Will TS5 still have the same support for addons? Main reason we use TS3 is that we rely on a radio plugin for our Arma gameplay, which Discord has no support for.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tswinning.PNG 
Views:	610 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	18321

Maybe in 11 Days when the summer giveaway ends, the beta get released cause u win 1st phase beta access in this competition too.

It has been developing for a long time... which does not matter if exceeds our expectations.
    I hope when ts5 released many user return from dc to ts.
    We have a big community and recently many user come back from dc becouse they realize ts3 is better than dc.
    Many only switched becouse dc has a shiny ui, but the ts permission system is much better + our server is more reliable so many user have returned.
    TS has many benefits which is more and better than dc have.
    TeamSpeak made a mistake when the dc started to be famous that time should have started the development of ts5..
    It's not too late but it would have been better then.

I hope not, then their losing that chance for people to use the new TS during the new CODMW beta...

Quote Originally Posted by Trunkz Jr View Post
    I hope not, then their losing that chance for people to use the new TS during the new CODMW beta...
    Or Cube World

They have good opportunities because a lot of games are going to be released.

Quote Originally Posted by RealSYOX View Post
    Or Cube World

They have good opportunities because a lot of games are going to be released.
    Hey I’m no fan of CoD myself but they already missed out E3 and gamescom they gotta ride something to get more noticed. Tokyo gamesshow starts tomorrow let’s be real they won’t be there lol

Quote Originally Posted by mindo View Post
    I think that´s a lazy excuse.
    Of course there are things that I like about teamspeak but is it up to todays standards and do I like everything about it?
    No.
    I just dislike Discord more - for various reasons. If Discord would focus more on Voip and less on chat I would switch today.
    Pretty sure TeamSpeak doesn’t want to be just a dusty mumble or vent, they’ve lost a very large portion of their user base to the competition. Great, TeamSpeak makes you happy, but the larger game communities it’s tough to support because they recruit and people ignore because they they don’t want to use TS they laugh at it. The fact that they held info only to not have anything special would have been a complete mistake as they’ve lost so many not giving them any hope.

We are still the #3 USA TS on GT and we’ll continue to support but the future isn’t good if they seriously plan to just play catch-up even devs are starting to add options in their game menu which lead to their discord.

Biggest feature they need is using TeamSpeak without downloading it just like the competition, people aren’t as savvy as 10yrs a go they have trouble just joining a TS server.
    I'll reply to both,

Lazy is not really what I'd call it nor would I say the future is not "good" or looking grim. There are still many Teamspeak servers that aren't listed and have large communities. The reliability of hosting your own server gives us the control. Permissions, dedicated servers, it allows us to OWN the server.

Now, I get that Discord is competition! You're both right, but the problem is that you think they both can't co-exist... I'm old, Nearly 30 and have been around since Roger Wilco, & back in my day we had Mumble, Ventrilo, Teamspeak, Mohawk Voice, & a few smaller ones. They all lived and co-existed. Gaming is just getting bigger and bigger. When I was in school, I was the fat nerd. Nobody enjoyed video games or the fat nerd...

Today...

If you're the fat nerd (I still am) and play video games EVERYONE IS YOUR FRIEND! Kids are growing up and Teamspeak still has a huge hold in the market and much room agreed to improve. Just give the team time and encourage them if you enjoy the software. I know I and many do, & I see you want them to succeed. But they are successful and they do have time to improve.

They have the one thing Discord doesn't that many gamers want and need. The stability of hosting your own servers. Now... If Discord had that, I'd be worried. But they're a cloud-based platform. They will never allow you to host your own servers. Teamspeak will always be harder to install, Cost more money, & take a ton of time to setup and customize. But that is why many of us use it & why as gamers we will continue to seek the most stable, the most secure, & the most customizable platform there is available. Honestly, I hope TS5 or Teamspeak or whatever they call it delays as long as possible so that we get the best release of a beta we can get. This is not just a single gamer, Many around the world agree and are keeping the faith in Teamspeak Systems!

This time is not for DOOMSDAY propaganda. They are not losing the market and they aren't "running out of time", many of their customers are business related and or organizations not related to gaming.

Also GIB TS5 BETA PLZ!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo123T3 View Post
    I'll reply to both,

Lazy is not really what I'd call it nor would I say the future is not "good" or looking grim. There are still many Teamspeak servers that aren't listed and have large communities. The reliability of hosting your own server gives us the control. Permissions, dedicated servers, it allows us to OWN the server.

Now, I get that Discord is competition! You're both right, but the problem is that you think they both can't co-exist... I'm old, Nearly 30 and have been around since Roger Wilco, & back in my day we had Mumble, Ventrilo, Teamspeak, Mohawk Voice, & a few smaller ones. They all lived and co-existed. Gaming is just getting bigger and bigger. When I was in school, I was the fat nerd. Nobody enjoyed video games or the fat nerd...

Today...

If you're the fat nerd (I still am) and play video games EVERYONE IS YOUR FRIEND! Kids are growing up and Teamspeak still has a huge hold in the market and much room agreed to improve. Just give the team time and encourage them if you enjoy the software. I know I and many do, & I see you want them to succeed. But they are successful and they do have time to improve.

They have the one thing Discord doesn't that many gamers want and need. The stability of hosting your own servers. Now... If Discord had that, I'd be worried. But they're a cloud-based platform. They will never allow you to host your own servers. Teamspeak will always be harder to install, Cost more money, & take a ton of time to setup and customize. But that is why many of us use it & why as gamers we will continue to seek the most stable, the most secure, & the most customizable platform there is available. Honestly, I hope TS5 or Teamspeak or whatever they call it delays as long as possible so that we get the best release of a beta we can get. This is not just a single gamer, Many around the world agree and are keeping the faith in Teamspeak Systems!

This time is not for DOOMSDAY propaganda. They are not losing the market and they aren't "running out of time", many of their customers are business related and or organizations not related to gaming.

Also GIB TS5 BETA PLZ!
    It's not that both can't co-exist, it's that the majority are now on Discord...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	day1.png 
Views:	330 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	18326

This is what the large majority of ads are like, some people left not even because of discords features it was because that's where the majority of the players are at and recruiting with Teamspeak can be tough and takes a lot of effort. I'm 36 I too have been through all those VOIP eras and nothing has made much impact like Discord has. The times have changed and so have gamers, yes there's a market for people like yourself but it's a very small one Teamspeak will simply become a small vent/mumble if they cater to just this market.

I can't imagine Teamspeak not wanting to make an impact, I can only hope this is why they've been holding info because they have something discord does not, I'm not here to give a TS cheer pep talk I'm just being realistic, they need to bring their player base back so they need to get on par at minimal with the competition if not ahead of it with something new, they've been king for so long I doubt they want to just throw in the towel and settle in for the small ventrilo life.

If Teamspeak is going to brand itself as the Premium VOIP service for gamers, they REALLY need to give us something to chew on if they plan to compete with something that's free, you can say "they don't have to compete!" but at the end of the day it's business, they NEED to if they wish to grow, wish I'm pretty sure they want to.

They can co-exist. But if they don´t deliver a really good beta, my community will switch.
    Simple as that.
    We go for the best overall product.

Quote Originally Posted by mindo View Post
    They can co-exist. But if they don´t deliver a really good beta, my community will switch.
    Simple as that.
    We go for the best overall product.
    This. We’re just waiting to see what TS5 will offer, and if they decide to just play the catch up game there’s no point in sticking around since Discord seems to improve more and more they already offer ways for better quality without having to be a partner with them. If they need more time they should just say it already we are understanding but not saying a word makes people frustrated, pick a date, can’t meet date then just be open and honest and say why and pick a new one, it’s that simple game devs like for Last Oasis do this and ppl understand.

If they need more time they should just say it already we are understanding but not saying a word makes people frustrated, pick a date, can’t meet date then just be open and honest and say why and pick a new one, it’s that simple game devs like for Last Oasis do this and ppl understand.
    They had the best excuse... but didn't say a word since nearly a year late over a gamescom staff member... this huge shitstorm and hate could be prevented only with a little bit of honesty.

and here we are again... like ever no more infos... gamescom endet nearly 3 weeks ago... "very soon" one week ago...
    this sucks.

This thread started so good but become the same as ever... a thread of ignored TS fans which just want a few infos...

So pls TS-Team give us something this silence is the worst u can do...

Well I can see they are working as I see new alpha versions everyday.
    I can also see they are working with teamspeak 3 as I spotted TS 3.5.0 alpha yesterday.

Within a few days I have seen them jump at least half a dozen alpha versions so i believe they are making some good progress.

Ventrilo used to be the "big dog" and have a better codec with a higher bandwidth available. (the codec wars) People used Teamspeak for reliability and security and that's why we still do. Yeah, most people use Discord... But if someone doesn't use Teamspeak that's their fault. My community has been around for years and the ones that don't like Teamspeak can just go, bye bye (this never happens but I always say it's an option)... Cloud-based VoIP options with an agenda to make $$$ is a big problem, at any time you can be removed. At any time all of your information can be scrubbed, this is a non-acceptable situation for a community. The website and the VoIP are the direct connection to your community, & giving the power to Discord is not in many's interests. Kids can use Discord all they want, but anytime I meet someone and they come into my Teamspeak they end up preferring Teamspeak over Discord EVERY time.

& Teamspeak is doing well still, after all of these years...

There is plenty of room for both and this doomsday stuff doesn't help anybody... Especially the team working on the program. Them rushing anything due to people complaining in the forums is an issue. Don't be overzealous about it and just tell people WHY Teamspeak is better... Even if Teamspeak 5 never comes out Teamspeak 3 already has Discord beat. But I use both, one for keeping in touch with games and other communities and Teamspeak for my community. It's 2019, no reason for a single VoIP. You're acting like we should have a Facebook and not Twitter or Reddit... Use them all! & if your communities switch to Discord just go with it or leave.
    Last edited by Turbo123T3; September 15th, 2019 at 06:37 AM. Reason: It's late & I keep thinking of things to add...

If they were so confident in their product and discord wasn’t a threat then why make it look like a discord mix... clearly they want to draw back what they have lost by making a familiar environment to both lost to discord TS users and what older TS users would be used to (which is a good idea), otherwise they would keep doing what their doing or have a different look from discord. We’ve been around since 2003, you’ve been around since who knows, forget about the both us, I’m talking about as a whole, in order to grow your community (if you aren’t that’s fine but we are) then yeah you need more people using the product. Not sure if you’ve ever owned a business before but when you are in the same category as a big player you need to do something they aren’t, now visually imo TS5 looks better than discord, but that alone won’t be enough. In order for communities to have reason to stay around(or for someone to start a new community), they need players coming in, which is tough to gain when a large majority are on discord. You might have convinced 1 person but that’s probably out of 20 potential others, go on discord right now and try to convince someone to use TeamSpeak and see how many it takes before you get a yes.

Again TeamSpeak works for you and you’ll never leave it, that’s great, but we’ve been using it 16 years, times have changed and we WANT to use TeamSpeak but NOT if they are going to just play catch-up all the time this tells us there’s no future with it, Discord could easily turn around and provide a “Discord Premium Service” where you host your own like renting a Battlefield server, many said before their quality sucks yet they added a way for people to gain better quality with their boosting, so I wouldn’t count anything out of the picture. With TeamSpeak, we are still clueless on what features they are going to provide after all his delay, hopefully this will be the week we are no longer left in the dark, they don’t even have to release it just provide info on what we can expect with TeamSpeak 5.

If they were so confident in their product and discord wasn’t a threat then why make it look like a discord mix... clearly they want to draw back what they have lost by making a familiar environment to both lost to discord TS users and what older TS users would be used to (which is a good idea), otherwise they would keep doing what their doing or have a different look from discord. We’ve been around since 2003, you’ve been around since who knows, forget about the both us, I’m talking about as a whole, in order to grow your community (if you aren’t that’s fine but we are) then yeah you need more people using the product. Not sure if you’ve ever owned a business before but when you are in the same category as a big player you need to do something they aren’t, now visually imo TS5 looks better than discord, but that alone won’t be enough. In order for communities to have reason to stay around(or for someone to start a new community), they need players coming in, which is tough to gain when a large majority are on discord. You might have convinced 1 person but that’s probably out of 20 potential others, go on discord right now and try to convince someone to use TeamSpeak and see how many it takes before you get a yes.

Again TeamSpeak works for you and you’ll never leave it, that’s great, but we’ve been using it 16 years, times have changed and we WANT to use TeamSpeak but NOT if they are going to just play catch-up all the time this tells us there’s no future with it, Discord could easily turn around and provide a “Discord Premium Service” where you host your own like renting a Battlefield server, many said before their quality sucks yet they added a way for people to gain better quality with their boosting, so I wouldn’t count anything out of the picture. With TeamSpeak, we are still clueless on what features they are going to provide after all his delay, hopefully this will be the week we are no longer left in the dark, they don’t even have to release it just provide info on what we can expect with TeamSpeak 5.

Yeah, I agree Teamspeak is catching up on design and general community features... & I also agree the majority use Discord. But I don't agree that my community that was founded in 2005 has ever or will ever think of using Discord. I won't go over to Discord and tell someone to use Teamspeak. But if they want to be in my community and communicate, then... It's kinda what has to happen.

You and I are small fish in the pond, just two communities out of the vast amount of gamers that make up this wonderful place we use. A whole WORLD wide web and that's great. But you're saying "HOPEFULLY THIS WEEK WE WON'T BE LEFT IN THE DARK ANY LONGER" As if... A delay of beta until next year hurts Teamspeak anymore than if they release tomorrow.

The bad publicity has been done, they missed their dates they missed their promises. Nobody can fix that, but releasing a piece of software before it's ready and even telling us "this feature" is going to be here soon... Doesn't solve much of anything. If you tell a person in your community "Teamspeak has a codec that makes ASMR content feel real" how do we know the Teamspeak team can deliver that exact promise even if they say it? Until we get a product in our hands and know 100% of what we have now... Which may not be all that much, example: delays... We cannot expect them to look anymore foolish then they already have. They've made mistakes... Everyone does, and now they have learned. & you and a few others come in here and foretell this apocalyptic future of near doom for the Teamspeak brand and it's company...

Let's say they release this week that one of their new features is indeed one that is a networked global chat... But it's not done yet, and then it takes another year just to finish it... Or maybe they never get to... Why would they after already making the same mistake do it once more? I mean it's early access software, anything can change and everything can break. Give them time is all I'm saying,

Discord has to my knowledge never even hinted they plan on allowing self-server hosting. I know years ago they said it's not even in the roadmap. This is all speculation and conjecture about an idea that is supporting this doomsday buildup. I cannot support it nor will I agree that "we need to see what Teamspeak 5 is right now". If it's not done... If it's not up to their quality. Give them time! & if your community switches, maybe when TS5 comes out they will... Switch again?

Thread Information